Sign in to follow this  
KeithG

2 Pits and a Pad

<mouth hangs open>

Not your best ?! *wacko*

OK..... well..... I guess... the lack of detail.... the limited scope.... the poor use of colours.... the monotonous repetition of elements.

What the heck?

It's freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!! Amazing. The ships, the greenery, the buildings and bridge. Just awesome. It's MOCs like these that make me hide my feeble efforts in the basement, away from where anyone can see them.

EDIT: Just had a look at the rest of your gallery. I can tell you are one of those guys who dabbles here and there. I remember seeing Cathedral of the Gears a while back and thinking to myself.... "hey, why don't I whip up one of these tonight", but decided to watch the news instead. :-D

What can I say. Wow, and welcome to Eurobricks. Hope you enjoy it here.

Gyl

I second gly in the mouth comment...

geez, just the scale ALONE is enought to...and the details, it's just fantastic :')

*runs to look at the rest of your MOCs*

I would wish you good luck in the contest...but somehow I doubt you'll need it :-D

Edit: Oh god...your Riot13, and SatoPlaza...

WOW! :oD :oD :oD :oD :oD :oD :oD

That will do >-|

:oD :oD :oD

I saw this on Golden Shpleem, it is absolutly jaw-droping.....

Also I am entering into the Iron Mech contest so you will see mine sometime soon!

Absolutely Astounding!

Is there anyway we could get more pics of the monster?

I really like it and want to try and make a similar thing! (As long as you don't mind!)

Ive seen your work before and i was blown away with how good it is, please keep it up and welcome to EB :)

Greetings, this is my first post of many to Eurobricks. This one took me about 3 months, give or take. I don't think it is my best work, but you may find it entertaining. It also features my IronMecha contest entry over on Lugnet.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery....y.cgi?i=1592454

Brickshelf Gallery

Cheers,

-Keith

Great as usual. Nice to see that something good came out of the Dino sets. Will you provide comments to this pictures, as you did on your moc pages?

Hey Keith, I saw your shelf gallery yeasterday and I was astound by it :oD

There are sooooo many fantastic details and parts, and scenery and ... that I don't know where to start !!!!!

I love the fight scene with the black tentacles in the building !!!!

backside4.jpg

Reminds me of all the horror movies I watched being a kid !!!!!!

I love everything in this fantastic moc !!!!!

Keep those comming Keith ;)

*yoda*

Yet another amazing display! I just love all the small details, and the mecha with half of its legs in the water is a really cool scene, great SNOT water too! Using hinges on the sides of buildings is also a really great idea, too bad all my gray goes to a castle project!

Another cool thing is the way you have stayed purist; only using official stickers to "customize", really good use of Exo-force stickers there!

Keep up the fantastic stuff! :oD

... ... ... ... ... ... ... :oo

Not sure what to say - this is so fantastic... ... ... I'm truly impressed by your work...

Wish I had the time / bricks / space / imagination to build as You do...

I bow before a master :oD

Keep posting pics - Your work is a masterpiece.

KimT

Your mocs are just so amazing :oo

I have been wishing to be able to build stuff like that, all of my life!

BTW: does the building have an interior? because if it has I would like to see it.

Truly amazing :oD

that cat is so life like!! only joking :D

I would be interested in how long it took to build

Your mocs are just so amazing :oo

I have been wishing to be able to build stuff like that, all of my life!

BTW: does the building have an interior? because if it has I would like to see it.

Thanks for the nice words, and to everyone who took the time to respond to this thread. About the interiors, I usually don't detail any interiors, it's just too much work on a project of that scale (9 gray baseplates). It's not that I don't like interiors, I just usually run out of motivation by the end. That, and I think interiors are a waste if you have to take the darn thing apart just to show them. Thanks again.

-Keith

Ha! Great to have Keith "IronReich" Goldman on board here! And with yet another most fabulous creation as well!

Seriously, I drooled buckets over your past accomplishments in epic grey architecture when I first found your MoonBase Mech Bay several months ago on mocpages...and of course laughed myself inside out upon your hilarious comments to go with the pics.

Enough of this sappy chumming up now...

just feel comfortable here... and watch your back for any shady strangers insanely chanting "old grey...OOOLD GREEEY!!!" while sneaking upon you! ;)

Greetings,

Cutty

Saw this on the shelf a few days ago. I like the jungle floor colors and the use of mod bricks.

Still primarily studless, which is just wrong! >:(

How many times have you used a tenticle monster now? Maybe you need to make something with teeth or claws at least. ;)

Saw this on the shelf a few days ago. I like the jungle floor colors and the use of mod bricks.

Still primarily studless, which is just wrong! >:(

How many times have you used a tenticle monster now? Maybe you need to make something with teeth or claws at least. ;)

Mod bricks? I hope you don't mean modified, because I don't cut/mangle/glue/pain anything. Studless is the future! Heck, it's the now. Give up the bumps. As for your last comment, I've got no clue what you're talking about. I've never used a tentacled monster, you must be thinking of Paul Brassington and his 5th Conspiracy mocs. Thanks for the review though, I'm glad you liked it.

-Keith

Mod bricks? I hope you don't mean modified, because I don't cut/mangle/glue/pain anything. Studless is the future! Heck, it's the now. Give up the bumps. As for your last comment, I've got no clue what you're talking about. I've never used a tentacled monster, you must be thinking of Paul Brassington and his 5th Conspiracy mocs. Thanks for the review though, I'm glad you liked it.

-Keith

Modified bricks like the headlight brick or any non-standard bricks.

Studless is the future of Technic and it seems the future of much of what is LEGO system but I will never give up the bump. Your jedi mind tricks don't work on me. ;)

It was a vague joke. Nevermind.

I must say though I don't quite understand the green goblins. Do they were suits or are they some sort of alien?

-Keith

Modified bricks like the headlight brick or any non-standard bricks.

Studless is the future of Technic and it seems the future of much of what is LEGO system but I will never give up the bump. Your jedi mind tricks don't work on me. ;)

It was a vague joke. Nevermind.

I must say though I don't quite understand the green goblins. Do they were suits or are they some sort of alien?

Nobody seems to understand my fascination with the goblins, they remind me of some kind of techno-savages, like the guys in the beginning of Zardoz. Bio-enhanced death-men who enjoy the taste of human flesh, and/or selling human flesh. There is no reason for their inclusion, I simply think they look cool. Aparrently very few people agree with me, and the goblins are fairly unpopular minifigs, but I've never been one to follow the herd.

-Keith

i cant wait to see your best work if you think that this is not your best

No, I don't think this is my best work. I think the ministry of info retrieval, the ghoul, and sato plaza are my best, this one relies on alot of techniques I've developed over the years, and I don't think it's particularly original. Also, it didn't quite turn out the way I'd planned. I don't think it sucks, it's just not my best work. Thanks for the kind words though.

-keith

Hey Keith, amazing work. I saw the models that you brought to the NW brickcon and those look great, although they are nothing compared to some of your larger displays. I have one question for you, do you have most of these built and on display at the same time or do you have to disassemble one MOC to make the next? Great to have you on the boards and again, incredible work.

LegoBMW