Review: 5906 Ruler of the Jungle

Theme: Adventurers

Subtheme: Jungle

Year released: 1999

Pieces: 24

Minifigs: 1

Price: I bought it for an equivalent of about $2.5, if I remember right

5906-1.jpg

This was the smallest set that included the Ruler of the Jungle (AKA "Achu"). It was also the smallest set with a spider inside (the Jungle line was the first theme ever to include spiders). So it was a cheap way to get both.

achu.jpg

As you can see, I have lost the blue plume for Achu's spear. The idol has some useful pieces in it, like those two red "arcs".

And here's a close view of the minifig:

achu2.jpg

Pretty unique face, don't you think? I may be wrong, but I believe this head was never used again.

Score:

Design: 7/10 (I think this statue thing looks very good for the Jungle theme.)

Playability: 2/10 (Umm... let's see, you can make Achu stomp on the spider?)

Pieces: 7/10 (Not bad for such small set, and don't forget the spider and the plumes...)

Huh, thanks for bringing this set to my attention as I've never heard of it before, but the only picture of the whole set is so blurry you can't tell what it is.

I wouldn't call this a review, more of a quick opinion with a picture, but I noticed youve made quite a few of these; If your interested in revieweing, I'd check out the reviewer's academy. :classic:

In any case, the minifig in this set is quite awesome.

I wouldn't call this a review, more of a quick opinion with a picture

Well, what else can you say about this set? And yes, I realise my "reviews" are crappy, but I have noticed I have some sets built that hadn't been reviewed here, so... I guess it's better than nothing.

This is the first (and to this day only) set I have ever been able to make up wholly within the polybag in which it came. It is a great little set and the little chieftain is a cool addition.

This is pretty good!

A little word of advice for when you review bigger sets. People like more pictures in a review that shows different aspects of a set. People also like it when you do comparisons to either other minifigures of that theme or at least one side shot of the set with another set of that theme (if you have one.)

Good review!

This is pretty good!

A little word of advice for when you review bigger sets. People like more pictures in a review that shows different aspects of a set. People also like it when you do comparisons to either other minifigures of that theme or at least one side shot of the set with another set of that theme (if you have one.)

Good review!

Thank you for the advice, but I have yet to review an actual BIG set... I think I might do one in the future (from Dino Island); don't count on it, though.

Neat little set - but please resize your images to site guidelines (640x480 max).

In addition, your first image is so blurry, one can not appreciate the great details of the minifig.