Thrawnseg

Size of your layout?

traintech1.jpg

Ok, I lied. Not sure how to make a poll function...So we will do a makeshift poll!

What is the size/shape of your train/city layout?

Mine is a smallish "L" shaped table with the main part being 4'x8' and the lip being 2'x4', which makes a nice switchyard off on the side.

I'm just curious as I've seen whole room setups and also 3 1/2' x 8 foot layouts.

Mine is currently 3x6 32x32 stud baseplates, or approximately 75 by 150 cm.

Our layout varies in size based on where we are exhibiting, but I suppose you asked about our home layout. Our home layout is about 18' x 15' with some additional 30" x 30" display tables as well. You can see more at the links below.

Layout Summer 2009

Layout Fall 2009

-Dave

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

My layout is currently 180cm x 120cm. Not too bad a size for a small layout in my LEGO room. I've just started it for the 2010 Blocksford exhibition layout. :classic:

Our layout varies in size based on where we are exhibiting, but I suppose you asked about our home layout. Our home layout is about 18' x 15' with some additional 30" x 30" display tables as well. You can see more at the links below.

Layout Summer 2009

Layout Fall 2009

-Dave

You guys are nuts.

Excellent! :wink:

Edited by Rapseflaps

I don't currently have a layout setup. Unfortunately my lego room is modestly sized and very full.

So rather than building Lego, I'm building furniture to store lego on!

Soon, though, I intend to rebuild my layout and get many of my sets out from storage. The initial layout will be 4x8 foot (the size of one sheet of ply :) ).

The size of my layout is about 2'x4 1/2'

To explain this, I just got some more train track for Christmas.

:classic:

You should also see the trains I have on there, of course my Emerald Night, and a creation of mine, a GWR "Hall" Class

Edited by efullner

I guess my actual layout at the moment is 0x0. However my planned layout will be 3x6 meter ...

My actual layout is the same.

But my planned layout is 1,25 by 2,75 meter.

My layout is a L shape, the main portion is 40" X 90". Connected in line to it is a 20" X 50" land and on the side of that is a 10" X 40" water area. On the bottom of the L is a 65" X 30".

Mines 2 32x32 stud baseplates, modified City Corner set and one MOC building.

I don't have any stright track. Yet - I'll be buying the crossing when it comes out and using that and placing my loco/stock on the crossing.

I'm working in 8 feet by 4 of space, but have made the most of it by going up! This may not look like much of a layout 3 levels separate, particularly when you stack the three parts of it like this: 3_levels_stacked.jpg 3 levels stacked.

However, it lets me run 4 of my 8 trains at any given time, and the other 4 are all in sidings that can be switched easily. I aim for layouts that mean I can keep all 8 trains (5 x 12v and 3 x 9v) on the layout. There's a folder of pics on Brickshelf here. The bottom two levels are 12v and linked by a ramp/incline. On the diagram the bottom level is blue simply to keep it visible!

It's very much a work in progress, though progress has slowed at the moment.

Current 0x0 meters.

Hopefully, by the end of the year we'll have the attic cleaned out for me. I'd be working on that now, but my younger brother is also claiming that space, so I'm giving him until his birthday (2 months) to get crackin', or I will. Anyway, I intend to set up a semi-permanent layout up there.

Probably a main L-shape, with perhaps a shunting yard connected to it, track-pieces and room permitting.

My current 12 volt layout is large 4,2x4,2m because the size of my room isn't larger than 5.0x6.0m.

I've designed the different train track inside the main big-circle; with this layout you can drive at the same time 6 trains, with 3 different transformers.

On the deadend track I've parked other 5 trains

My layout

12v-layout-01.jpg

My trains

12v-layout-02.jpg