9 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

gallery_101_23_281.gif

So, Christmas is coming, and you're on the lookout for presents. It's a difficult question - just what do you buy the Lego Star Wars fanatic who already has all the Lego Star Wars sets ?

Answer : a Gentle Giant maquette of a Lego Star Wars minifig !

I suspect many of you will already have seen these limited edition figures, made of metal and modelled on iconic Lego Star Wars figures. There are reviews of almost all of them in the Eurobricks Star Wars review section, but someone is missing..... Boba Fett. But have no fear - the Boba Fett maquette was under my tree on Christmas day, so I thought I'd share my good fortune with you !

Name: Boba Fett Maquette

Made By : Gentle Giant, Burbank, California

Theme: Star Wars

Number: 764 (out of 1500)

Year: 2007 I believe

Pieces: 3

Minifigs: n/a

Price: No idea - it was a gift. Prices on Bricklink range from $159 to $949 (!)

Here's the box from the front :

img_3110.jpg

And here it is from the back - you can zoom in for more information :

img_3124.jpg

Gentle Giant apparently only made 1500 of these which is I guess why they're pricey. Mine is number 764 :

img_3158.jpg

On opening the box you'll find 2 halves of a polystyrene shell, and stuck onto the side of the shell is your "certificate of authenticity" :

img_3126.jpg

Here's a close up of the certificate :

img_3127.jpg

On opening the polystyrene shell you can see Boba nicely protected in 3 parts :

img_3131.jpg

Here's the parts out of their bags and on display :

img_3135.jpg

If you tip the figure over you can once again find your limited edition number :

img_3140.jpg

And here he is - assembled and ready to catch Han Solo..... The head attaches with a magnet, so it can be swivelled around if you wish :

img_3145.jpg

If you've got a bounty on your head, this isn't a sight you'd like to see :

img_3146.jpg

And nor is this...... Note the blaster is beautifully modelled on a 'real' Lego blaster. Wonderful !

img_3148.jpg

Here's the plaque, which also attaches with magnets :

img_3149.jpg

And here he is from behind :

img_3152.jpg

Conclusion :

Awesome ! I just love these maquettes, and since Boba is perhaps my all-time favourite Star Wars character, this was a truly fantastic Christmas present ! He's solidly built, wonderfully posed, and worth whatever my wife paid for him ! I also have the Luke Skywalker maquette, so the two of them are going to have to learn to get along as they'll be displayed together.....

I hope you like the review, and have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

Cheers,

Dr. D.

Yeah, I'm wondering that too, do you have a regular Fett fig for scale? I've never seen these guys.

The legs look strange. Very strange. I know I've seen legoman legs go like that in CG animations and computer games, but in an actual model, I'm not so sure it looks good. Congrats on what is obviously a great collectable, but I probably wouldn't want one myself. Though the helmet and gun do look excellent.

I never really liked these maquettes. The idea behind it is great, but the quality of the mold doesn't look that good.

The proportions are wrong (for example the arms are to long) and the plaque looks like somekind of knockoff. I think these could have been mush better if Lego produced them thereself, like one of these big store display minifigs.

But from the whole gang, the Boba Fett maquette looks the best.

Yeah, I'm wondering that too, do you have a regular Fett fig for scale? I've never seen these guys.

Luckily I have one of my Boba Fett minifigs to hand, so your wish is my command :

boba_maquette_and_minifig.jpg

I can definitely see why some might not like these, but I love the way that the 'pure' original angular minifigs are brought to life by bending the arms and the legs slightly as would be the case in 'real life'.

Dr. D.

Congratulations on getting Boba for Christmas, I guess from all the LSW maquettes there are, he`s best.

With that pose and how the arms and legs slightly are turned he looks a lot like he does in the Lego Star Wars video game.

Nice review drdavewatford, you filled the gap in the index :thumbup:!

I've never seen these maquettes.

How big are they?

They look kinda nice, but i would never buy one. Far to expensive!

The legs look strange. Very strange. I know I've seen legoman legs go like that in CG animations and computer games, but in an actual model, I'm not so sure it looks good. Congrats on what is obviously a great collectable, but I probably wouldn't want one myself. Though the helmet and gun do look excellent.

Here´s some more reviews & info:

Black Trooper

Darth Vader & Stormie

Luke Skywalker

As you can understand I also love them :wub:!

I love all of these maquettes ! lamya.gif

Nice you got one of these. I bought one when they were released, you're right they were released in 2007 and they were $64.99 (at least that's what I paid).

I missed the Stormtrooper and Darth Vader ones, I'd really love both of them, but they are way too pricey now.

I too like the way they did these, like the SW LEGO video characters.

And nice you're wife got it for Christmas, she did well to know about these and get one from eBay for you.

Nice detailed eview, these were never really my cup of tea, but they are kind of cool.

A very nice Review Dr D! :thumbup:

Congrats on getting Boba for christmas!

Ive always loved these Maquettes. :wub: And I would have to say boba is probably one of the best ones alongside the black trooper and the stormtrooper. :wub:

I just wish they would do some more, eg: Clone trooper (ROTS and AOTC versions) and a scout trooper. :wub:

Thanks for the great review!

CommanderFox

Like Bigcam i've never really been a huge fan of these, but looking at your review I actually kind of like him.

I have to say it, since no one has yet, but "Impressive, most impressive... but you are not a Jedi yet." Nice review, and a cool piece.

Gee even Cad`Bane would be scared of him at that scale ! :grin:

AWESOME ! :sweet:

Must have cost a pretty dollar or three !

Thanks for a cool review, just remember no disintegration ! :sweet::grin::laugh: