Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

Under the Moisture Evaporator lies...

... a brand new Landspeeder!

4210827945_b270ff6c44.jpg

[Full Size]

[You can view my photo set on Flickr HERE, which holds more pictures of this entry, as well as large versions of the pictures (click the picture, all sizes, large). ]

Boy, was Luke happy with what he found under the moisture evaporators on Christmas Morning. Santa had left him a brand new Landspeeder, fully outfitted with top-of-the-line engines, Christmas colors, and a dark red and dark green leather interior.

4210818711_e371b46e42.jpg

4211592632_29c60c3e54.jpg

4210820215_82344c0cfe.jpg

Luke waves a Merry Christmas to all!:

4211583110_dbc86ebb8f.jpg

...and to all, a good night. :wink:

This is really nice! Sleek and cool, just the way I like my landspeeders. :tongue: good job BTW where did you get those printed tiles near the cockpit?

An really nice entry JimB :thumbup::wub:

Its really sleek and I really like the colour scheme! :thumbup:

Excellent entry and good luck!

CommanderFox

Nice work JB. :thumbup:

A nice integration of X-Mas green and the Holiday Spirit - though a little subtle, it's certainly there.

Best of luck.

Thanks again, everyone, the comments are most appreciated. :classic:

Looks very sleek indeed. The engines are WAY to small though! :sceptic:

You think so? I tried adding a larger engine (the cannon-shaped one that the official Lego Landspeeders use), but it really took away from the sleekness. Plus, I only have on of those, and it's in black. In essence, I would say that this is a new version of the Landspeeder in A New Hope.

A nice integration of X-Mas green and the Holiday Spirit - though a little subtle, it's certainly there.

Yeah, I realized this too. I didn't want to go too crazy with the Christmas things, because I still wanted it to look sleek and cool (I'm not too fond of regular/ bright red and green together).

Happy Holidays!

FLASHBACK...

I remember the first year Star Wars came out (New Hope). I wasn't at all into the action figures, but many of the kids on the block got Star Wars for Christmas. One of the earliest sets was the Hasbro Kenner landspeeder with Luke and Obi Wan figures sold separately. This reminds me of that early set. -Nice streamlined design and great color selection. Very nice! :thumbup:

Great speeder, Jim! All the dark colors really go nicely together and the speeder's design is excellent! I wanted to try to enter this category, but I don't think I could design a better speeder than this.

Entry accepted.

Good luck when the voting starts!

:hmpf_bad: Oooooookey.... a palm on a landspeeder? I have to say that bit was kinda odd....(as in, very..unusual)

overall, I like the colors and design. :classic:

my first thought was like.." so, an eco friendly starwars???" :tongue:

:thumbup:

Nice job i love it, this is one of the best speeders I've ever saw! :thumbup:
:hmpf_bad: Oooooookey.... a palm on a landspeeder? I have to say that bit was kinda odd....(as in, very..unusual)

overall, I like the colors and design. :classic:

my first thought was like.." so, an eco friendly starwars???" :tongue:

:thumbup:

Please refrain from reviving old topics when we've got a contest going in here.

The last post was on January 17th guys :sceptic:

Please stick your comments in current contest entries or wait for a contest to be over before you comment on old MOCs posted here.