Rate this set!  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion!

• Poor
    • Below average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Stunning review, your pictures are great.

I'm not a huge modular fan so this smaller style seems more appealing to me. I to like the colors and think that overall this reminds me of a vert\y classic set. Kind of like the old classic buckets with pictures of house to be built only new and updated. I think I'm not making any sense.

Great review!!

Thanks for the great review !

looks like im going to have to give this one a miss. the colours are rather nice and interesting, but it seems a lot smaller then the other house creator sets.

The bush's and trees are rather nice but the stairs..well... :thumbdown:

colors are very nice, and the ensemble gives a quiet sensation of suburbs.

i really appreciate the details as the water tap, or the house lamp, the double coloured chimney or the garage lamp!

even the black doorknob: when i was young it was just a plastic door with nothing added.

as Ricecracker said -as def 6/10- there's little playability with this particular buildt (1of3).

it's average, imho, and really overpriced (35$ would be better).

still the cuteness of the set is a tangible aura.

thanks for the rew. def! :sweet::thumbup:

Thanks for the review. I really like all of the Creator houses. They make for some great fill-ins on my City street. They are all so uniquely designed, and generally, there are a few ideas that come out of the build that I have not tried before.

Thanks for the review!

I'm debating on getting this set now, seeing that it lacks an interior. I like the blue angled roof pieces, but I couldn't imagine any immediate uses for them. I'd probably just buy it for the pieces.

I really like the original color scheme. Liked the looks for it until I saw that the back had no window... that's a real blunder. The good thing is that it is a creator set, so really, nice one overall.

The only reason why I'd want this set is the dark blue roof pieces. It's not bad at all, but not essential certainly.

From the outside it looks good in all 3 models, but they really should start adding some furniture to creator sets, and make some more space inside, because it's clear that most people want to put these houses together with the other City sets!

I think the US RRP is $39.99, more at TRU. US buyers got a good deal on the 6754 Family Home, so I hope the Aus RRP will be a better deal than we got for that (the Family Home is $AUD129.99, which is currently $US115 - think about that before complaining how bad the price of this is :hmpf: ).

The price is $44.99 USD on S@H. In Canadian it's $59.99 :wacko:

The price is $44.99 USD on S@H. In Canadian it's $59.99 :wacko:

Even worse, it's $AUD79.99 :wacko: (About $CAD75)

Nice set, but yes, very overpriced. It certainly takes the gloss off.

Oh wow, another generic house creator, one can never have too many of those :tongue:

Thanks for the review Def, It's pretty thourough, and I like how you showed the various stages of building it.

I will probably not get this set, as 2010 has many more exciting sets, but maybe if I find myself satiated and have 75 bucks just lying around--wait that's stupid

The only part of this set that I would get it for is the dark blue roof, and the bley bricks, which I don't have many of.

Nice review, boring set

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I just got my Apple Tree House today and built it right away... I have to say that I was surprised at the size of the house. I own all of the other Creator house series (starting with the Building Bonaza set) and compare to all the others, this new one is really small. I like the way it looks anyway but I have a hard time with the lighter green baseplate.

I just got my Apple Tree House today and built it right away... I have to say that I was surprised at the size of the house. I own all of the other Creator house series (starting with the Building Bonaza set) and compare to all the others, this new one is really small. I like the way it looks anyway but I have a hard time with the lighter green baseplate.

I've updated the original review, and the other two builds have been added. :vader:

Greetings! :classic:

First off, nice review! Secondly, I must say that this is a great little set. About five months ago I was a skeptic about these creator sets, I was most cautious in the fact that they didn't see to lend themselves to being mini-fig friendly. As a die hard classic town person (and some newer city sets) I couldn't see the potential in these creator houses....until now. In the last five months I have acquired the beach house (4996), the family home (6754), and the apple tree house (5891). All I can say is that I have a new appreciation for these sculpted classics even know they lack the mini-fig scale people. I have found that it is easy to retrofit these houses to accommodate the mini figs and they do see to lend themselves in my classic town setup (mainly as a upper scale neighborhood). As a die hard classic town fan I must say that these sets are something to be happy about!

Nice review! I picked up this set today. I must say I wasn't overly impressed. The house is tiny and the garage roof doesn't come off. Other than the dark blue roof pieces, tan windows, and tan door frame, I think its way overpriced compared to the 976 piece 6754 Family Home. Thats almost double the piece count for another $15 USD. I don't like the bright green 16x32 baseplates. I used a regular green 32 x 32 baseplate and put the other ones aside for future MOC's. This set is worth the price of the Beach House IMO. The box art and the spread in the new LEGO catalog makes it appear much larger than it is.

The garden is nice enough, but the lamp seems a bit out of place.

Since it's styled as a ski cabin, my take on it was it's an outdoor heat lamp.

Like this:

1623072_f260.jpg

I got this today, and it is a very nice little set, the price is a little too high but what can you do?

Your review sums up my thoughts on this set pretty well.

I picked this set up last weekend, and after building the main model,

there's one question i have.

According to picture 39 when building the roof, i don't understand

the use of the 3044 double slope brick, where a 3040 single slope

should be expected.

I've finished the model, and cannot think of any reason to exclude

a 3040 brick from this set?...

Just bought and built... And very disapointed. It's way too small in the inside, the upstairs are impossible to use, no furniture at all (I was aware of that but come one) and what's for me, the wort thing : no "modern" car fits in the garage because it's too low ! Even the super small new LEGO City car doesn't fit !

At first I tried to moc it, making it higher but the look was not nice. So I took it apart and built my own, with room in the inside.

I bought this set a while ago, and I really love it. I modified it slightly by using a green 32x32 baseplate instead of the two 16x32 ones provided (more for stability purposes than for aesthetic ones, but it also had the benefit of not needing those two out-of-place 2x4 plates as connectors), made the chimney all grey, removed the level of grey plates and the satellite dish from the roof, and tiled the rest of the driveway. I think these make it look nicer, but it's still a nice-looking set as is.

As was mentioned before, it doesn't have the problems that the Family Home has with scale. I really like the design, and am also fond of the (rather unusual, but not implausible) color scheme. I am slightly disappointed with the inability to truly furnish the interior, but I'm able to overlook that because of how much I like the set. I may end up just doing a mockup of some furniture so that the house doesn't look so empty through the windows (though even this isn't as much of a problem, since there aren't any large windows, and all windows but the skylight feature the old-style window panes.

That apple tree, however, is something I might have to modify. It's tiny!

Jasper Joppe Geers, I think the double slope brick is there mainly for use in the alternate models. It's not a good reason to not include a single slope, though. It's made even worse by the fact that the brick they omitted is rare in that color. I have two of them somewhere, but I'd have to dig through my entire collection (some of which is still at my parents' house) to try to find it--quite annoying.

Edited by Mariko

Why cant lego use regular flower or basketball molds in creator sets?

The Creator theme has always focused on the building aspect of LEGO. That's why there are instructions for alternate models. Specialized parts like flowers and molded trees are better suited to the City theme where the emphasis is on playing with the model after you have built it.