Ashi Valkoinen

MOCs: Models of trains running in Hungary

After summer with lot of work and field works (geophysics) I finished the third and temporaly last hungarian LEGO Stadler FLIRT train!

What's new?

-more detailed roof

-only "new" bricks

-windows better sized

-ready to PF system with spaces for cables

Video:

(The city around the train track is symbolic, made almost by my brother, do not mention that horrible "houses" :P :D) Edited by Ashi Valkoinen

Have just read through this topic for the first time and have to say this is an absolutely stunning model.

You've done an amazing job.

My LEGO bricks can but dream of being part of models of this calibre!

Though, with inspiration like this it does get harder and harder to resist giving some train MOC's a go.

Please keep building :classic:

Ben

Nice Work there!

Are those 12V signals or did you do something else?

No, these are manually switchable signals, they use a pair of PF LED-lights, they are connected to a 9V speed regulator and 230V, so they don't need any batteries. These lights give some reality to the layout, I plan to build more. With a PF-reciever they could be made remote-controlled.

Have just read through this topic for the first time and have to say this is an absolutely stunning model.

You've done an amazing job.

My LEGO bricks can but dream of being part of models of this calibre!

Though, with inspiration like this it does get harder and harder to resist giving some train MOC's a go.

Please keep building :classic:

Ben

Thank you for your reply, I swear, I will I'm a conformist!. I thinks you should no more longer resist to build some train MOC, just do it. There are many great IRL trains running in the world, just choose your favorite and build it!

Edited by Ashi Valkoinen

This is a pure work of masterpiece, I cannot build a train like, for it seems to complicated for me, but i've been working on one, but it's a PF, I prefer 9V. Keep up the great work!

I continue here, because it's more related to your MOC's.

Red Stadler FLIRT: by me. :) New galleries here.

Say, in this awesome picture.. just say, you didn't, did you? XD

Also, really nice what you Hungarians did there, nice layout, open space, beautiful trains. Fitting trackside structures. Congrats to you all!

Yes, I did.

Picture was taken on a Stadler FLIRT EMU and powered from 230V and speed regulator aviable on the train!

Nest time, go the whole 70m trough the train! XD Would be awesome on so many levels!

I also saw your LDD WIPs of a GTW, looks nice (AshiValkoinen's Brickshelf). But the GTW only has 2 driven axles ^^

All hail the King of LEGO STADLER ;)

But the GTW only has 2 driven axles ^^

Yes, I know, but I've started use LDD in the last month and I didn't find the train wheel first time. Yes, GTW is my first LDD-file. ;)

Next time I set a layout trough one real FLIRT, but I have to get somebody to give me enough 9V tracks. :P

Edited by Ashi Valkoinen

Yes, I know, but I've started use LDD in the last month and I didn't find the train wheel first time. Yes, GTW is my first LDD-file. ;)

Next time I set a layout trough one real FLIRT, but I have to get somebody to give me enough 9V tracks. :P

Looks good for a first LDD file. I did some mental planning for a GTW, it'll be easy to hide the PF components in it. But once again, the front is the challenging part, but as it has the same front as the FLIRT, no problem there.

And for a FLIRT-Layout: single lane, no loop.

Had to check a prototype image first.

You Nailed the design and the ugly boxes on top.

Oh Hai!, I C LDDFLIRT, NAIS!

I finished my new electric locomotive, the Siemens Taurus running in Hungary, with hungarian color scheme. The locomotive's first run was at a train-modell exhibiton in Budapest, Hungary.

The engine is powered by two of the new PF train motors. It has a very great pulling power, it can pull the two stadler FLIRTs easely (their weight is 5 kilogramms and have 4 9V motors). The loco has 6 PF leds, 2 PF recievers, one PF battery boy, one pole reverser and many cables built in. The light on the loco's ends can be switched to the right direction (using one of the recievers), the video linked below shows this function.

Enjoy and please leave feedback!

taurus_03.jpg

Folder after moderated: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=453856

Very nice; I missed this models the first time round and enjoyed reading back through the thread. Thanks for some great inspiration!

I've finished my MÁV Bombardier Talent EMU a couple of days ago, here are some pictures and one video:

26776071_4b3b2c229353e7882e60955d5d2bf83

Youtube video:

Edited by Ashi Valkoinen

Great new addition 'AV', on this and your previous MOCs. Like 'roamingstudio' I too had to read back through the threads, so I did not want to miss this go around to compliment your work. Excellent work default_classic.gif

Where I currently live trains play a very, very minor part in everyone's lives.

But I have, in the past, lived in places where just about everyone took the train.

It must be wonderful to have a public show of a custom train set based on the train that people use on a daily basis. I would imagine that there is extra "magic" in that.

Recently I've built some new MOCs, but until this evening I haven't got time to publish them. First of all, the most important change was made on my favourite train, the red Stadler FLIRT. After one of my LTC's members (Kovács Viktor Péter) found a way how to build 48 stud long modules for trains with shared boogies (Jacobs boogies), without any problems on standard train track geometry I decided to build my Stadler FLIRT with more precisious scale. Now it is ~40% longer, it is easier to be transported, has directional lights.

I built a new electric locomotive. The V63-series, called 'Gigant', were the most powerful locomotives in Hungary until the arrivel of Siemens Taurus locos. The V63s have 6 axles, but building boogies wasn't too hard.

For the Taurus loco I've built a Bpmz-type intercity waggon. These are used in international trains between Hungary and Austria. However most passanger waggons have traditional "train window" in Hungary, these Bpmz cars have larger windows, without the possibility to open them. Because of this I have avoided to use train windows and the trans-black panels were enough to build this MOC.

Galleries:

Stadler FLIRT (with total lenght of 14 straight 9V track): https://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=540231

V63 electric locomotive: https://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=540235

Edited by Ashi Valkoinen

Realy nice bridge design! Like it!

Also your S-Curve solution to widen the distance between tracks to widen the platform is genius. I did something similar but used flex-track instead.