Sign in to follow this  
ApophisV

Shipwreck

Yes, that's a good one. I always thought Lego should have released a set like this in the Divers line - after all we had Pirate parts there, like treasure chests, sabres or ship's wheels, so why not a whole shipwreck?

it's great! however, it would have been even better with a little bit more debris, like cups, weapons,...

i like the oyster and the seastars.... they're nice...

what sets are those from?

Dont know about the oysters but that is a beautifuf MOC...Beautiful indeed...And that octopus in there is gian where is it from? Its scare to look at it :D Thank you for sharing this! Thumbs up to you Apophis, it includes a ship! :D

Dont know about the oysters but that is a beautifuf MOC...Beautiful indeed...And that octopus in there is gian where is it from? Its scare to look at it :D Thank you for sharing this! Thumbs up to you Apophis, it includes a ship! :D

octopus? i don't see any octopus...

We can best see it here. What pieces are those tentacles made of?

The same as the tails to the dinosaur sets, the Alpha Team Ogel sets, and some others.

This is a really cool creation, looks right and probably one of the larger underwater MOCs Ive seen, an official display I once saw being the largest. Finally a use for the else so useless underwater stickers for LURPs & BURPs.

Jindroush made this. Hopefully he will come and share some of the details with us.

I really like the whole MOC. The female sun bathers are funny. The divers getting eaten and ripped apar by the giant squid are also.

Scary, isn't it? I like the idea of cross-section seen on the first picture - people resting and having fun unaware of what's happening in the depths. Now we know what hides under the sea of Paradisa... And we learn that parts used in that theme can be applied for something really cool. Also, the combination of beach and man-eating sharks reminds me of the movie "Jaws".

Yes, and I think it would look extremely cool if the constructor placed this MOC in real water - in a water tank of some sort that is, with the water level placed where the sea level in the MOC is supposed to be.

Yeah, that would be really cool; also, maybe add a real fish if it was safe.

Yes, that's a good one. I always thought Lego should have released a set like this in the Divers line - after all we had Pirate parts there, like treasure chests, sabres or ship's wheels, so why not a whole shipwreck?

We got half a shipwreck in 6296 Shipwrecked and 6281 Pirates Perilous Pitfall but they probably weren't the best incarnations even for a half sunken ship. Still LEGO obviously toyed with the idea, and with I noticed with the introduction of the Divers theme in 1997 the Pirate theme was greatly reduced. Perhaps, Divers could have been a sub-theme of Pirates aptly titled Shipwrecks by keeping the theme in the pirate genre, rather than modernizing it.

But in that sets we only saw upper parts of the shiwrecks - parts that emerged above water surface.

But we never had a shipwreck that was seen under water, lying on the bottom, something like the whale skeleton in one of Divers sets, and we never saw a shipwreck made of standard hull parts.

Mr Dreamweb, did you read my last post carefully or did I not phrase it very well? I pretty much said what you stressed in your previous post, so I'll colour code the message again and see if that makes a difference...

We got half a shipwreck in 6296 Shipwrecked and 6281 Pirates Perilous Pitfall but they probably weren't the best incarnations even for a half sunken ship. Still LEGO obviously toyed with the idea, and with I noticed with the introduction of the Divers theme in 1997 the Pirate theme was greatly reduced. Perhaps, Divers could have been a sub-theme of Pirates aptly titled Shipwrecks by keeping the theme in the pirate genre, rather than modernizing it.

Edited by mister_phes

I understood it well, but my post didn't repeat what you wrote, it just added some extra thoughts to it. :-D

So you think those Divers/Shipwrecks should be a subtheme for Pirates? Are you sure that would fit the theme? After all Divers were set in the 20th century. Or do you mean the divers and their equipment should be completely removed leaving only the shipwrecks and setting the action (or rather lack of it :-D ) in the same time frame as original Pirates?

There is something terribly wrong with the communication here...

Third time is a charm! "Perhaps, Divers could have been a sub-theme of Pirates aptly titled Shipwrecks by keeping the theme in the pirate genre, rather than modernizing it."

I thought the "By keeping the theme in the pirate genre,rather than modernizing" part automatically implied removing the divers and their equipment leaving only the shipwrecks in the same time frame as original Pirates... Apparently not!

I'm over tired... I must sleep...

Perhaps I would've understood it better had you written that "there should have been a theme called Shipwrecks INSTEAD of the Divers theme" rather than "Perhaps, Divers could have been a sub-theme of Pirates aptly titled Shipwrecks..." and so on. But that's just my way of thinking and nobody says it's perfect ;)

Why would I have said there should be a theme called "Shipwrecks"? That would be implying that Shipwrecks is an entirely different theme to pirates. I probably should have wrote "Rather than creating a modern divers theme, The LEGO Company could have made a Pirate sub-theme called Shipwrecks". Is that clearer?

I'm allways on the lookout for new sets with elements applicable to the the pirate theme including undersea decor:

Spongebob for jellyfish and gary for a sea snail or slug , Avatar's hang glider may be good for lug sails , and all kinds of goodies in Harry Potter "Rescue from the merpeole" set.

I still haven't built much with em yet but I was thinking a ship graveyard.

Excellent MOC! When I was younger I built shipwrecks almost exclusively for my pirates (I was always a sooldiers fan). This one is brilliant. It is very well thought out and I particularly like the lie of the ship and what it has done to the figs etc. Thanks for posting this and God Bless,

Nathan

Fish like sharks? :-D

Imagine how slimey and scungy it would get unless you cleaned it every few days...

Thats right! My brother put a diver minifig with a dagger in his tank. It ate the chrome off the dagger and left perminate little black spots all over the figure. also slightly bleached the overall colors. ..

Maybe stick a douplo pirate set in there. That way you wont regret it, if it's ruined.