General Armendariz

The D-Day Project

Pleases excuse the double post :blush:

But The Helmets came in for my German Wehrmacht Figs!

4267054651_0a2dc21f95_o.png

I have ten helmets. These figs will be decaled by these decals:

4231974666_29758e6656_o.jpg

(Not my decal)

Very nice, They look wonderful, However...The price. I would get them for my Wehrmacht army if I could but there very expensive. If you plan on creating the whole big scene, I would recommend you get some Wehrmacht Volksgrenadiers with standard German caps because it will be cheaper and have a variety. Especially during 1944 the Germans were running out of uniforms. :thumbup:

You could even get some brown caps and make some Flecktarn (German Camo). Like Panzergrenadiers.

bermimb.jpg

Pleases excuse the double post :blush:

But The Helmets came in for my German Wehrmacht Figs!

I have ten helmets. These figs will be decaled by these decals:

(Not my decal)

Thanks for that picture! Now I'm getting some of those for sure. I was wondering how they looked on figs, and that's perfect. And what is an army without Brickarms... :thumbup:
If you plan on creating the whole big scene, I would recommend you get some Wehrmacht Volksgrenadiers with standard German caps because it will be cheaper and have a variety. Especially during 1944 the Germans were running out of uniforms. :thumbup:

You could even get some brown caps and make some Flecktarn (German Camo). Like Panzergrenadiers.

That's not a bad idea.

Can you give us an in progress report. Haven't seen much activity. Good luck. Hope to see this at a future lego convention. :classic:

Impressive, most impressive, how many men are you going to add? A WHole division prephaps? A Whole Army? Anyway I wish you luck on this project.

A total of 96 Or more Americans.

96? Thats like only 1 platoon, how many of them are u planning on being riflemen? Medics? Captains? ANd such? Just curious, good luck though and I can't wait until it is finished

An order came in....

4277766185_2c1ffff786.jpg

4277766301_c7debe6104.jpg

Very nice! Just one problem I can see, The amount of men. 96 Men are not going to fill even half of that beach if you look.

Nice, nice. It just occurred to me that if you are taking this to any shows, it's going to be a pain to pack for transporting.

And I agree that 96 Americans might not be enough for this. I don't know, though, I guess we'll have to wait to see when vehicles start coming into place, and scenery.

Looking good! Glad to see some progress being made. :classic:

Though I will jump on the boat here and agree, It's going to take roughly 150-200 Americans to fill this beast.

Alright, I see every one is saying 96 people isn't enough to storm a beach. Once the last Large order comes in I will be the judge of that. :wink:

:oh:

Impressive!

I have as hobby WW2 re-enactment. I am German Fallschirmjager 1940-1945.

16924529.jpg

Good Luck with your project!

Awesome! I would love to do some Re-enactment, Is it good?

Most Re-enactment in the UK is like Civil War and Napoleonic and Knights.

I wanted to re-enact as a British Paratrooper or a SS Officer. The best re-enactment I have seen was the one in Poland, May 2007, Sanok-BÅ‚onia:

SD.Kfz.250_2.jpg

[offtopicmode] Hi, Not every country in the EU is happy with Waffen SS re-enactment so keep it with the British Paratroopers. It's expesive!

I do more : Afrika Korps 1941 in green uniform, Dutch Army of 1939-1940, British Paratrooper Normandy 1944, Luftwaffe Fielddivision, Gebirgsjager 1941-42.[/offtopicmode]

Back towards the World of Lego?

<impressed whistle> Wow, this will be one heck of a project! I wish I could travel ahead in time a year to see this in it's complete state! :grin: It sounds to be very impressive, I wish you the best of luck! :thumbup:

~Peace

I think 96 people is fine for a Lego MOC, considering that minifigs are really wide.

snip

that looks like its gonna be the best creation ever. :thumbup:

Edited by Zorro
Please don't quote such a large post and one smiley is enough! Thanks.

that looks like its gonna be the best creation ever. :classic::thumbup::classic::thumbup::classic::thumbup::classic::thumbup::classic::tongue::classic::thumbup::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::oh3:

You really don't need that many smileys...

Those Americans really look good, just wondering what different types of guns you are using for the project? Can't wait to see more. :thumbup:

Thank you everyone for the comments!

:oh:

Impressive!

I have as hobby WW2 re-enactment. I am German Fallschirmjager 1940-1945.

16924529.jpg

Good Luck with your project!

Thanks! it must be fun doing a re-enactment. I've never done one before.

<impressed whistle> Wow, this will be one heck of a project! I wish I could travel ahead in time a year to see this in it's complete state! :grin: It sounds to be very impressive,

I wish you the best of luck! :thumbup:

~Peace

I also wish that too :tongue:

Oh, and thank you!

Wow, the size of this project is immense! :oh:

Can't wait for the next update! :thumbup:

Well believe it or not the rest of the men came a couple days ago! Just waiting on the helmets!

I think 96 people is fine for a Lego MOC, considering that minifigs are really wide.

Thanks, lets just wait and see how this all turns out...

that looks like its gonna be the best creation ever. :thumbup:

The best? :cry_happy:

Wow general, have you gone mad? :grin:

This sounds and looks like an amazing and daring project, your figs look amazing already.

Good luck on it! :thumbup:

The only time people go mad is when they think there little brother starts to look like a big steak with BBQ sauce....Oh wait, nevermind :tongue:

Those Americans really look good, just wondering what different types of guns you are using for the project? Can't wait to see more. :thumbup:

Thanks

(once I can get my hands on enough....) I will use BA Trench guns, BAR's, M1 Garand, thompson, and more.

Just an idea....

Flak canon with Luftwaffe groundtroops.

"Must" use bleu legs bleu and bleu hat ( Like the hats of the soldiers in de wild west lego series)

Camo torso or dark grey torso (dark grey because of use of the fliegerbluse)

http://www.angelfire.com/tn3/luftwaffefeld...jacketfront.jpg

I'm gonna try that with my new Wehrmacht Army but for now, It seems he should stay with standard Waffen SS divisions. Although making proper decals and accurate stuff would make your Omaha MOC completely unique compared to some others!

It all depends on your price range really, Because you could have the Standard Wehrmacht soldiers but if you want to be more realistic, I would say try out some Camoflauge Fallschirmj

Edited by Joey Lock