24 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

LEGO fans always wanted more LEGO City sets with civilians, normal people like you and I. LEGO fans had enough fire fighters and policemen. What we needed were people for the policemen to protect, for the fire fighters to save. And behold, LEGO has heard our praying because 2009 had plenty of civilian sets. And 2010 won't be any different.

This impulse set is one of those, it's a traveller. It's supposed to be released next year in January, but it's already in most toy stores. The set costs 2,95 EUR and contains about 21 pieces, including a minifigure. That's what these little sets are all about, a single minifigure with some accessories to fill up your LEGO town.

The box art shows the traveller leaving the airport with his luggage.

img_4937.jpg

There are two new pieces in this set. A double "cheese" slope, which looks a bit like LEGO wants to cut the costs. And a new headlight piece with closed back. I sure hope this doesn't replace to old version.

img_4944.jpg

The figure itself is very nice. I like the hairpiece and his smile. The torso is wonderful, it has a classic space logo on the jacket. This is already the 10th set in which the torso is included, probably because it's such a nice design. He also wears an Indiana Jones bag.

img_4940.jpg

There's a luggage cart, a computer screen and a camera to go with the figure. The set will fit very will in airports, but I'm sure it will also fit in front of a hotel, like the Cafe Corner, waiting for a taxi.

img_4939.jpg

So, like most of the little impulse sets it's a decent one. 7567 Traveller isn't impressive nor bad, it's a filler for your town. A tourist with his camera and suitcases fits everywhere, and the computer screen can be used as a... computer screen. It's a bit useless, actually. It would have been nice if the screen was replaced by something more fitting, but I also can't come up with something else.

Thanks for reading! :classic:

Edited by Rick
Poll added

A pretty neat little set with some nice accessories. However, the only pieces I want out of this set are the hair and satchel.

Thanks for the review.

:thumbup:

Thansk for the review.

Introducing the doubled cheese slopes is not money saving process. It's very good to have such parts. I also would like to have 1 x 4 Cheese slope and even 1 x 8 !

I'm a bit confused about the computer screen - does it really fits the airport scene?

Thank you for the review. I know my English is not perfect but before posting here on EB please at least use browser that underline wrongly spelled words and correct them. Then read the text again. No offence :)

Thanks for the replies.

Intact, could you please tell me where I made mistakes? I only found "accesories" as a mistake, and it isn't a huge one.

It has to be released next year in January, but it's already in most toystores.

You probably meant: It's supposed to be released ...

A dubble "cheese" slope, which looks a bit like LEGO wants to cut the costs.

Should be double instead of dubble.

The set will fit very will in airports, but I'm sure it will also fit in front of a hotel, like the Cafe Corner waiting for a taxi.

Should be well instead of will. Should be either: a hotel, like the Cafe Corner, or a hotel (like the Cafe Corner) or a hotel - like the Cafe Corner -. After Corner sth is definitely missing - right now it seems that the Cafe Corner is waiting for a taxi - imo it's a bit ridiculous :)

A tourist with his camera and suitcases fit everywhere, and the computerscreen can be used as a... computerscreen. It's a bit useless, actually. It would have been nice if the computerscreen was replaced by something more fitting, but I also can't come up with something else.

It should be fits instead of fit. Computer screen is written separately.

As you can see you made a bit more mistakes that you had spotted. But we are here on EB to support each other - not only in building more and more advanced and beautiful creations. But please do not take this as an offense. I just wanted to help - and if I made mistakes I would be very happy if you pointed me them out :) I would also like to emphasize that I really respect the time you spent on writing and publishing this review.

Nice set although I don't like and I see absolutely nothing special about the torso.

Edited by Intact

Ah, indeed. Well, it was late when I wrote it but I'll install an English language pack on my browser anyway. Thanks for the correction, I really appreciate it! :thumbup:

Matn, thanks for sharing with us another great review. I really glad that impulse sets like this are made available next year. We sure need more civillians and this set is a nice addition to our town population, with useful accessories.

This review has been featured in Classic-Town.net.

Thanks 'Matn' for the review.

It's a great gap filler at an airport, train station, etc.,.

A very handy accessory pack, computer screen, camera and cases.

You're right I also hope they don't replace the old headlight brick - it's too handy !

And a new headlight piece with closed back. I sure hope this doesn't replace to old version.

I think you missed when this piece was revealed in an earlier set. It is also not a "headlight" brick 4070.png but rather a modified "Travis" brick 4733.png. Notice there is no recess or indentation of the side surface as in the headlight/washing machine brick.

I picked one up yesterday and have to say was surprised the new bricks. The "double cheese" brick is nice.

I hid the traveller in my town, curious how long it takes for my son to find it, since he doesn't know about it yet.

I picked one up yesterday and have to say was surprised the new bricks. The "double cheese" brick is nice.

I hid the traveller in my town, curious how long it takes for my son to find it, since he doesn't know about it yet.

haha!...reminds me of the books "where's Waldo?"

I love this set, I'm going to get at least 5 of them. All those camera's and suitcases.

Great review, thank you for doing it.

There are two new pieces in this set. A double "cheese" slope, which looks a bit like LEGO wants to cut the costs. And a new headlight piece with closed back. I sure hope this doesn't replace to old version.

img_4944.jpg

Great news :classic: I think multiple-size cheese slopes are going to be useful in many cases to reduce the piece count. The new headlight I though these already existed, but maybe they were only similar pieces (that with a stud on 2 sides for instance).

They should have put a better shirt however, this one has become tedious...

Thank you very much for this great review, Matn! :classic:

I voted for

Average

Cons:

For what do we need that screen?! :hmpf:

Pros:

-nice civilian minifig (can even be well used for non-Airport) :thumbup:

-great accessory (shoulder bag and camera) :wub:

All in all it's a very nice additional set to the new airport sets (for those which will buy them) but even a great possibility to get some civilian minifigs for your city in general. I personally would have prefered something more non-Airport related instead of the airport roller and the screen.

Klaus-Dieter

Great review :thumbup:

Civilian impulses are nice to get

This one would work perfect with the new airport, but not stand alone.

The farmer one will be much more popular because it has a pig :laugh:

I would just like to say that, since this is 'supposed' to be set in an airport, the screen does serve a purpose - it's one of those displays that Airports have up all over the place to tell you if your flight is on time or not.