Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

Rooftop-hopping Gigantic Sleigh

Hello! To get in the holiday spirit, I decided to enter the Xmasfactor category of this year's Star Wars Christmas contest. The set I "Xmasified" was the Republic Gunship.

4200312545_ed9fa3839c.jpg

[Full Size Version]

Some things to notice here are the giant wreaths surrounding either gunner bubble, the addition of dark green and dark red pieces, and the Christmas trees on either door on the sides.

4201008224_b617b8778e.jpg

Note the trans- red and green cones on the forward guns- there is also another trans-green one on the rear gun (not pictured). The custom nose decals were created by me, with the help of Rayman's template. I don't have any sticker paper, so I printed out the decals, covered them in clear tape to make them look like stickers, and then applied them to the nose pieces.

If you're interested, you can use the decals as long as you give credit (LINK).

4200312535_cbb8f23bcc.jpg

This little elf didn't even need to wear a funny green suit, he was already green. Throw in the pointy ears and this little guy fits right into the job description. Also note the Taun-Taun. Let's hope he doesn't leave an extra little gift for Santa!

4200259169_e20684f6ef.jpg

"Santa" is driving the RGS, so naturally, he couldn't forget these valuable items. Are they Stormtrooper helmets or koala-shaped potty chairs?

4200261349_6710047dff.jpg

Residing in the compartment behind the nose is this little vehicle, in case Santa needs to make a quick detour.

Before you do anything else, PLEASE take a look at the rest of the photos in my Flickr Set.

So that's my Xmasfactor entry, I hope you enjoyed it! Happy Holidays!

Great work Jim! I would be very happy if presents that big came down my chimeney. :grin: I like the plants round the turrets and the trees on the engines.

Good luck, and Merry Xmas! :classic:

Great entry! The foliage around the turrets looks really cool.

I would love to have the taun taun under my tree! :tongue:

Good luck

Gee with the weapons on board like that - Santa could really defrost Jack Frost ! :laugh:

Really great MOD, 'JimButcher'. :grin:

Merry Christmas !!!!! :sweet:

A very nicely done entry JimB :thumbup:

The gunship looks Great!

The decals you made look very good on it aswell. :thumbup:

Nice job and good luck!

CommanderFox

Entry accepted.

Good luck when the voting starts!