BrickworldBryan

Brickworld 2010 Registration and Brickworld Indy

Linky

That's the link for Brickworld. You then choose between either Brickworld 2010 or Brickworld Indy. When you click on the Indy link, it says who the vendors are that will be in attendance. From what I read, this show will be all INDYLUG. I know I'm going for sure on Sunday morning. Judging by the displays I saw from INDYLUG at Brickworld and considering who their members are, I will not be missing this.

Linky

That's the link for Brickworld. You then choose between either Brickworld 2010 or Brickworld Indy. When you click on the Indy link, it says who the vendors are that will be in attendance. From what I read, this show will be all INDYLUG. I know I'm going for sure on Sunday morning. Judging by the displays I saw from INDYLUG at Brickworld and considering who their members are, I will not be missing this.

Thanks. I don't want to sound ungrateful or anything but I have checked out that link. I guess I should have been more specific. I see 4 vendors listed with links and 2 without. Of those, 3 sell either custom kits or custom made parts so I have a good idea what they will be selling. The other with a link is a bricklink store that is closed, so I can only guess what they will be selling (LEGO obviously, but what quantity, price, etc). So, what kind of space is there for vendors? I've been there for GenCon. The main exhibit hall is a pretty big space and being primarily locally run I would think they couldn't possibly fill that with displays and 6 vendors unless each of those takes up a lot more space than I am envisioning. For GenCon the number of booths in the main hall is in the hundreds, though the majority of those booths are smaller than what I would think a LEGO booth would be (although there was actually a LEGO booth of sorts at GenCon last year). So, I know BrickForge will be selling their items, and the other two custom sellers will presumably be selling their custom work. What about the others? Should I expect primarily sealed sets? Parts? Figures?

I know it probably sounds awful that I primarily care about what I can buy, but with an event this close I would like to take advantage if this is a chance to seriously stock up without paying a fortune in shipping and handling.

Thanks. I don't want to sound ungrateful or anything but I have checked out that link. I guess I should have been more specific. I see 4 vendors listed with links and 2 without. Of those, 3 sell either custom kits or custom made parts so I have a good idea what they will be selling. The other with a link is a bricklink store that is closed, so I can only guess what they will be selling (LEGO obviously, but what quantity, price, etc). So, what kind of space is there for vendors? I've been there for GenCon. The main exhibit hall is a pretty big space and being primarily locally run I would think they couldn't possibly fill that with displays and 6 vendors unless each of those takes up a lot more space than I am envisioning. For GenCon the number of booths in the main hall is in the hundreds, though the majority of those booths are smaller than what I would think a LEGO booth would be (although there was actually a LEGO booth of sorts at GenCon last year). So, I know BrickForge will be selling their items, and the other two custom sellers will presumably be selling their custom work. What about the others? Should I expect primarily sealed sets? Parts? Figures?

I know it probably sounds awful that I primarily care about what I can buy, but with an event this close I would like to take advantage if this is a chance to seriously stock up without paying a fortune in shipping and handling.

No worries...First - since you are familiar with GenCon, we are not in the same area of the convention center. We are filling the Wabash Room. It is a carpeted ballroom where gaming was going on. It is located on the North wall of the building West of where GenCon's registration area is located. The Wabash Room is 10,000 square feet with the dividers all open.

Regarding the vendors. The two without web sites are both part resellers with maybe a few kits. They both have a pretty large selection of stuff, but I don't know any specifics.

Regarding your nephew...this is absolutely something that a kid would like. The IndyLUG guys have been working their butts off to build new stuff for this event. We will start setting up at 6 AM tomorrow and don't think we will finish until 9 or 10 PM. So, obviously there is a lot to set up.

I hope you can make it up. One of the IndyLUG guys is from Princeton. So, he is making that 2 hour drive pretty early. And, another is from Bloomington. It's all good.

Bryan

No worries...First - since you are familiar with GenCon, we are not in the same area of the convention center. We are filling the Wabash Room. It is a carpeted ballroom where gaming was going on. It is located on the North wall of the building West of where GenCon's registration area is located. The Wabash Room is 10,000 square feet with the dividers all open.

Regarding the vendors. The two without web sites are both part resellers with maybe a few kits. They both have a pretty large selection of stuff, but I don't know any specifics.

Regarding your nephew...this is absolutely something that a kid would like. The IndyLUG guys have been working their butts off to build new stuff for this event. We will start setting up at 6 AM tomorrow and don't think we will finish until 9 or 10 PM. So, obviously there is a lot to set up.

I hope you can make it up. One of the IndyLUG guys is from Princeton. So, he is making that 2 hour drive pretty early. And, another is from Bloomington. It's all good.

Bryan

Thank you for the insight. That was more along the lines of what I was looking for. I'll have to see what my schedule looks like but I would like to try to make it up.