maydayartist

The launch of HMS Gallardía

You only have to make another 'square sail' yard just above the spanker (to make it historical accurate, or at least more common :pir-sweet: )

For the rest it's a very good ship, I like the fact that it has a brown color, and the shape is very good :thumbup:

The brown yards are nice as well (also because they are round), I first wanted to have black ones on my ship but this makes me doubt..

And did you put something in the yards to make them strong?

Edited by Admiral Croissant

I love the colourscheme and well, It! :pir_laugh2:

The Bluecoats are finished. We have Redcoat ships coming from every corner of the world. Surrender, Face the facts Bluecoats.

Yes indeed, there is a Technic Flex-System Hose in every yard.

My favorite colour is brown and the yards in brown fit the other scheme ver well and are more realistic but LEGO only build black mast pieces.

And yep you are right, there have to be one more yard, I have overlooked him on the picture of the batavia where I try to copy the mooring.

This turned out beautifully! I have to say, when I first saw the WIP pictures I was somewhat skeptical of the SNOT log bricks, but the final product more than justifies your innovation.

I had wondered wether you were going to complete the ship from your ptv entry, and so you have. Wonderfull build, as ive said before, i like the technique you use for ship building as its original and different from what everyone else seems to be using, but it looks just as nice. Great work

Just amazing work all round, though the rigging is truly worth the time and effort involved! I love how you have used the brown log bricks side on to make hull walls, very cool.

The ship looks great... the use of the log pieces in that way is a very creative Idea.... Very good work on the rigging as well. Great Job! :thumbup:

@Joey... I though we all settled the Blue Vs Red in another topic.... Give it a rest.

Edited by Admiral Béjaune

Looks great Maydayartist! :thumbup:

I think this is a major improvement over your last one.

I really like the stern and the fact that you used those log bricks for the whole side.

The rigging just gives it that bit extra, well done!

I really like the shape, though it looks a little bit like it sags in the middle...

Anyhow... I also love the yardarms and the colors, this is an excellent ship!

Are the sails trimmed so you could let them loose and sail under full sheets?

It is awesome indeed, the ship is very nice and the rigging is great as well.

The favorite part are the galleries on the side of the ship. I might steal some ideas from it! :pir-blush:

This is a beautiful ship. I really love the unique style you used, it adds so much more detail to the ship. The colors also look spectacular. The way you placed the cabin windows looks very realistic as well. I hope to see more creations soon.

That is completely beautiful! I love how all the ropes are going every where, it's how I imagine an actual ship, though I'm new to building in pirates I hope I will be able to build as nice as this.

Great job, the ship is perfect! Its seeing these sort of creations that really got me into lego, thanks!

Keep it up!

~Legonardo