Sign in to follow this  
Forresto

Star Wars battlefront 3 pending

Star Trek Online which is a game I like has an extreme amount of trolling on their forums which can get me a little accusing.

What, DAC? I can't get that to work...

I wonder what the 2 listings are, cos there is also listings there for BF3 astromech.

I hope that's true...

Since I don't have any of the next generation consoles, just a PS2 and a Nintendo DS, this will be the first time I'll play a Battlefront game on the PC.

Good thing I recently got my new laptop... I'll be definately saving up already to get this game whenever it gets released, if it will be released.

~ General Magma

I hope that's true...

Since I don't have any of the next generation consoles, just a PS2 and a Nintendo DS, this will be the first time I'll play a Battlefront game on the PC.

Good thing I recently got my new laptop... I'll be definately saving up already to get this game whenever it gets released, if it will be released.

~ General Magma

Don't worry, the controls are great once you vget used to them. In my experiance, it's easier to do tricks in a starfighter on PC than PS2.

Don't know if this is much news but G4 found this: Link

This could mean that it may be revealed at Comic-con this year (crossing fingers :sweet::hmpf_bad: )

This could mean that it may be revealed at Comic-con this year (crossing fingers :sweet::hmpf_bad: )

Crosses fingers....thrice. :laugh:

Crosses fingers twice for game, thrice for PC and Mac versions.

Edited by Brickdoctor

Not to burst your bubble, but the comments there start on May 18th, indicating it's an old article.

Secondly, they are estimating an E3 reveal. I doubt they'd do a CC reveal, as opposed to an E3 one. :sceptic:

Not to burst your bubble, but the comments there start on May 18th, indicating it's an old article.

Secondly, they are estimating an E3 reveal. I doubt they'd do a CC reveal, as opposed to an E3 one. :sceptic:

Yes but even so it is still pretty recent news :wink: . Besdides, Comic-Con is the next big place to reveal things video game wise this side of E3. I think they're implying that if not E3 then pretty soon.

I think that BFIII is being made. They would'nt spend that much time making it and then just ditch it. As a company it's a serious investment and an asset to have.

Yes but even so it is still pretty recent news default_blink.gif . Besdides, Comic-Con is the next big place to reveal things video game wise this side of E3. I think they're implying that if not E3 then pretty soon.

I think that BFIII is being made. They would'nt spend that much time making it and then just ditch it. As a company it's a serious investment and an asset to have.

I honestly hope so. There have been way too many rumors for it to be a false alarm.

Forget announcing this at Comic-con, If there is going to be any news, were going to hear it from Celebration V, If no light is shed on the situation then, then any hopes of a Battlefront 3 are sure to be crushed.

Forget announcing this at Comic-con, If there is going to be any news, were going to hear it from Celebration V, If no light is shed on the situation then, then any hopes of a Battlefront 3 are sure to be crushed.

You're kidding. I'm beggining to think there IS no BF3, unless that's what they want us to think.

Why would they announce it at celebration V? To me that does'nt make much sense. At Comic-con you have a lot lot larger range of people going to it where as Celbration V you only have Star Wars fans going. My problem is that a company would more likely anounce it at where there would be more people then just limit it to SW fans.

Why would they announce it at celebration V? To me that does'nt make much sense. At Comic-con you have a lot lot larger range of people going to it where as Celbration V you only have Star Wars fans going. My problem is that a company would more likely anounce it at where there would be more people then just limit it to SW fans.

I think if it's still in early development, which it probably is because there was no news at E3, they would announce it at Celebration V, just my thoughts though.

Sorry to bump this topic, and I'm not sure if it's good, bad, or old news, but I got to read a copy of Rogue Squadron: the Story of LucasArts today, and while canceled games like KOTOR 3 are listed and described, BF3 is no where to be seen. However, some games like Empire at War that were released aren't listed either.

Sorry to bump this topic, and I'm not sure if it's good, bad, or old news, but I got to read a copy of Rogue Squadron: the Story of LucasArts today, and while canceled games like KOTOR 3 are listed and described, BF3 is no where to be seen. However, some games like Empire at War that were released aren't listed either.

I'm not sure what to make of that. I'm a big fan of the first two Battlefronts, so I really hope a third one will come out, but it seems very iffy right now. Therefore, I changed the topic title and sub-heading.

I think the first two were received very well though, so I can't see why they wouldn't make a third. Lucas is always big into milking the money cow.

I think the first two were received very well though, so I can't see why they wouldn't make a third. Lucas is always big into milking the money cow.

Yeah it is a bit odd.

I think its either been scraped already or they are preparing so awesome yet so secretive. I would like to choose the latter but I think we may not see the game for a long time. Lucasarts seem to do this with their games though. I do get why we don't have another Jedi Knight game because Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy are two brilliant games IMO and also Knights Of The Old Republic but that kinda did transform into The Old Republic.

I do hope they are trying to get something going with it but thats all we can really do, hope.

Republic Commandowas extremely popular and for some reason it never, never got a sequel :hmpf_bad:

Well I won't give up hope until the day they put it on a list of canceled games, from Lucasarts.

Hmmmm... I fear for this game now. I really want it! According to battlefront3.net, there is an "unnamed project" in development from LucasArts, so maybe it's this.

Republic Commandowas extremely popular and for some reason it never, never got a sequel default_hmpfbad.gif

Well I won't give up hope until the day they put it on a list of canceled games, from Lucasarts.

Well, it did get a popular book series following it.

I agrre about SWBF3, though- the last two were very popular, and Elite and Renegade squadron would've done better if they realeased them for all consoles.

Yeah it is a bit odd.

I think its either been scraped already or they are preparing so awesome yet so secretive. I would like to choose the latter but I think we may not see the game for a long time. Lucasarts seem to do this with their games though. I do get why we don't have another Jedi Knight game because Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy are two brilliant games IMO and also Knights Of The Old Republic but that kinda did transform into The Old Republic.

I do hope they are trying to get something going with it but thats all we can really do, hope.

Jedi Knight itself was a sequel to Dark Forces, wasn't it? (That's an awesome game, BTW)

Honestly i kind of wish they would make a sequel to republic commandos, that game matched Halo 2 at the time really well.

I don't see them doing that, since they aren't continuing the novels. They could do a Special Edition, though, like they did for Secret of Monkey Island.