Erdbeereis

Pillage the Village II - VOTING - Large Category

I always look forward to the large entries. Even though the small and medium categories are fun, these are always the ones of the highest quality. Mi siete punto voy a:

I Scream Clone- 2 Points

Infomaniac- 1 Point

kris kelvin- 1 Point

marshal_banana- 2 Points

evildead- 1 Point

Good luck to all, and excellent entries everyone. :thumbup:

All those nice entries make it hard to choose....

Captain Blackmoor - 7, he bribed me again :pir-grin:

There were so so many amazing creations, it was extremely hard to chose only 7!

But here goes:

Cap'n Blackmoor: 1

Maydayartist: 1

I Scream Clone: 1

Etzel: 1

kris kelvin: 1

Derfel Cardam: 1

fonz: 1

Good luck to all, and a merry christmas also :pir-classic:

Here are my points, as well as my points of criticism:

I Scream Clone - 2 points A vast layout with beautiful treehuts, a magnificent temple, nicely coloured water and hilarious details as the carrot sacrifice.

I also like the small vessels. Can't think of anything that could've be done better at this scene.

Cap'n Blackmoor - 1 point Good brickbuilt vessel, the scene depicts the backstory without need for further explanation, I like the houses in the background.

Nice detail are the sigfigs. The ropework on the ship doesn't look realistic to me though.

maydayartist - 1 point I like the bussiness of the constructionwork in the shipyard, and all the details depicting this. The shape of the hull is very good and

consistent. Best detail: the captain's organ being craned in. The houses seem to be a bit small and cramped away in a far end corner of

the scene.

Guss - 1 point Pirates at peace doesn't mean there should be no violence: what a horrific perhistoric monster comes out of the deep! It's really like those

sea-creatures on old maps! I also like the shape of the hull and all the minifigs doing their peaceful thing. Best detail is the unicorn head.

It's a pity such a big ship has only one mast, I really miss a second one.

Dr. Steve - 1 point Now this moc is depicting the theme perfectly. Best detail is the sandcastle. It doesn't look as eleborated as many other mocs though.

Fonz - 1 point I like mocs what a clear overall shape, as a sculpture that needs no questioning what it's about. And this balancing boat is exactly what I mean.

I also like the gaff sails instead of the obligatory square ones. Best detail is the cat looking longingly to the big fish.

The hull could've be done less square & straight.

I'd rather been giving more points, for now I had to neglect some really good mocs. But oh well, that's all in the game.

Almost every entry here is fully deserving of 7 points - absolutely brilliant work and hats off to all participants! This time however, I've decided to only award points to 2 MOCs, with the top priority for me being creativity in terms of ideas behind the entries, as well as implementation of those in detail.

Without further ado, 2 points to Captain Blackmoor. This is one of the most original entries I've seen, the idea is extremely cool yet believable and has given him the opportunity to showcase his MOCcing prowess by depicting an almost surreal scene in a very realistic way. I still pity that ship, but at least it looks like it's going to become a great scuba divers' hangout in another 300 years :pir_laugh2:

And the other entry I absolutely loved was our local ice cream wielding clone's entry :pir-tongue: - 5 points to I Scream Clone for his C4C. From the moment I saw that MOC, I knew this would be my favourite in the Large category. I'm not sure whether it's because it's got that distinctive Islanders vibe to it, or because of its great comedy value... It might also be that I loved his landscaping, mini-stories or the natives' sea vessels. But I guess it's mostly a combination of each and every one of those aspects, so I can't really say what was the decisive factor there. Two words though - loved it!

A quick overview of my voting once again:

Captain Blackmoor - 2 points

I Scream Clone - 5 points

Very hard to choose... but Here goes my point :

Guss : 99999999999999999 Oups, not allowed :pir_laugh2:

Seriously :

I Scream Clone: 1

Cap'n Blackmoor: 1

kris kelvin : 3

Infomanic : 1

Fonz :1

Why ? well :

ISC : because I love your carrot sacrifice, even if it's really cruel... XD

Cap'n Blakmoor : because I like it, and you put my sigfig in it XD

Kris Kelvin : Because it's a beautiful remake of a classic set, and because the interior is awesome.

Infomaniac : Because it looks very nice !

Fonz : Because I saw it on flickr before you posted it and thought " wow , it'll be a perfect PTV 2 entry!" so it is XD

Lego Warlord, Newright and Marshal Banana's entries were really great too, but I had to choose, sorry guys !

Well, I also would like to thanks everyone who voted for me, I really appreciate and read all your comments ^^ thanks mates!

koffiemoc:

It's a pity such a big ship has only one mast, I really miss a second one.

Well... it's just the front of the ship, the "full ship" is supposed to have 3 masts XD thanks anyway !

Infomaniac - 3

evildead - 2

Kris Kelvin - 2

I loved all three of these entries in particular - it was hard to pick a favorite! :pir-classic:

Again, a very difficult voting contest indeed.

I scream Clone_____________________1

Infomaniac________________________2

Maydayartist_______________________1

kris kelvin_________________________2

Derfel Cadarn______________________1

Everyone did an amazing job! TOP RATE!

-martinsuper

I didn't realize we had so many large entries... they're very impressive. The one issue I have with some of them (an issue in the medium builds too), is that I don't think a simple scene of "everyday life" makes for a very strong entry, given the theme. Everyday life is dull... I want to see what the pirates/redcoats/bluecoats are doing with their newfound free time, and "going about their business" isn't the answer I'm looking for (at least not in this contest). That means I did pass over some beautiful entries... and I still think they're still stunning, even if I didn't vote for 'em. :pir-sweet:

Okay, my votes:

maydayartist - 3

Guss - 2

marshal_banana - 1

I Scream Clone - 1

So many good entrys, so I am gonna go with one point to many.

I Scream Clone - 1

kris kelvin - 1

Nate - 1

Cutlass Iz - 1

evildead - 1

fonz - 1

Derfel Cadarn - 1

ISC - 1

Infomaniac - 1

Evildead - 1

Guss - 1

Kris Kelvin - 1

Marshal Banana - 1

Fonz - 1

I wish I could vote for more entries !

Hi Guys!

Here it (finally) goes: :pir-cry_happy:

I Scream Clone - 1

maydayartist - 1

Newright - 1

kris kelvin - 1

marshal_banana - 1

Derfel Cadarn - 1

fonz - 1

Congratz for the wonderfull entries!

I'm impressed! So many great entries... Anyway, here are my votes!

I Scream Clone - 3 (The poor carrots!)

kris kelvin - 2 (Very cool remake)

Cap'n Blackmoor - 1

maydayartist - 1

Good luck to all, especially the ones I voted for! :pir-grin:

...and now it's time to get back to working on mine!