In a Snow Village Far Away...

Set Number: 8084

Set Name: Snowtrooper Battle Pack

Year of Release: 2009/2010

Pieces: 74

Minifigs: 4

Components: Snow Speeder, Cannon & Radar Station

Price: $12.99 (USD) Toys R Us

Introducing the 2010 Star Wars Snowspeeder Battle Pack, a great winter set released early here in the US:

01.jpg

The back of the box depicts a battle between the Snowtroopers and the Rebels contained in set 8083:

02.jpg

The same image is pictured toward the end of the instruction booklet:

03.jpg

The set contains two Snowtroopers (pictured front and back):

04.jpg

as well as an AT-AT driver/commander and General Veers. Blasters and a rifle are also included.

05.jpg

Back at the small Imperial Radar Outpost...

06b.jpg

General Veers seems to be picking up something on the radar. "let's take a look through the digital binoculars", he says to the AT-AT Commander:

The Rebels seem to be launching an organized strike within their Snow Village:

07.jpg

Snowtroopers are quickly sent to thwart their plans.

08.jpg

The Rebel Scum easily outnumber the Snowtroopers. Snowballs begin flying through the air! Even Frosty is in on the action.

Snowboarders attack! "Retreat! Retreat!"

09.jpg

The Snowspeeder looks sleek and fast. This one even turns for added maneuverability:

10.jpg

The Rebel Snowboarders and cross-country skiiers are faster though, and quickly surround the Snowtroopers:

11.jpg

"We surrender! we surrender!" they plead.

12.jpg

THOUGHTS

As my first official Star Wars review, I must say that I had to pick up this set. What true Star Wars fan can not use an addition pack of Hoth Snowtroopers? For around $10 (little more at TRU), four figs, a cannon/radar station, and a snowspeeder is well worth the money. While one can not make an army battle with this single set for playability, you or your friends can purchase 8083 and let the fun begin. Nicely detailed minifigs, a turnable Snowspeeder, and flick missile makes this a really fun set. I may purchase a few extra for that Hoth seen I've always wanted to build.

Hope you enjoy the review.

Thanks for the review, was very much fun to read! Good pictures and all I need to know about it, thanks a lot! Didn't know about the radar screen.. nice!

But there is this certain feeling I will not need several General Veers and AT-AT drivers. And there is this even stronger feeling that exactly this minifig lineup will be included in the rumoured AT-AT. Guess I'd rather go with another Echo Base instead, seems more value (Keep in mind the BPs cost 15€ in Europe) to me.

@Mr Green Brick: They have no choice, it is Lucas who wants every single package of anything (from Lego to Pez) to have the same look. Guess 10th anniversary was just an exception. And come one, the CW sets are not that bad :classic: !

Great review of a set well worth buying multiples of! It has a nice Christmas feel to the snowy review Brickster, bravo! I can't wait to bolster my Hoth armies with these two BPs. Lets hope for some Endor BPs next year. :thumbup:

I give it 4 and 1/2 Icicles out of 5

:laugh: Good review- good set- and isn't it right that At-at driver has big helmet since he has big head as well- because he happens to be a lego figure! :wacko: Nothing wrong with that- speeder bike (not exactly snowspeeder though) look great as well although radar station could be better the set itself is very good! I do want that :vader:

Best battle pack yet!

However...

Dear LEGO

Do you really need Clone Troopers on every box? It's bad enough you released about 20 horrible Clone Trooper sets. Can you please keep that trash off good Star Wars?

Thanks

GBG

They don't need it, they're bound by contract... AFAIK, Skywalker Ranch choose the box art for their licensed toys... 2009 was the "three clones" box art, while mid-2010 will be "stormy" Captain Rex... It's Clone Wars era...

Edit : @Zzz : whoops, sorry, didn't saw you already replied... My bad ! :blush:

Edited by Seijitai

Awesome review, Brickster!

I voted Above Average because this battle pack rocks. We get a proper version of General Veers and a new AT-AT pilot, making this set a must-have :thumbup:

Many thanks for the review Brickster... and highlighting again the ineffectiveness of the Empire against small bands of rebels!

The new figures are superb, beautifully detailed; I can't wait to add some of these to my army. I love the inclusion of a decent speeder bike too. It's about time they included one of these - like the ones we find in the larger sets - in a battle pack.

But there is this certain feeling I will not need several General Veers and AT-AT drivers...

It's not specifically Veers, rather an Imperial Officer in cold weather gear. I'm more than happy to have several of these guys commanding my snowtroopers and vehicles.

Battle pack WIN!

Smashing review, I am begining to hate battlepacks because I feel the need to buy so many.

great review!!

Thanks 'The Brickster' for a cool review on a hot(h) set. :wub:

At least we all now know there is no Veers - he's General No-name. :oh3:

Cute little weapons platform, fantastic speeder bike and excellent looking AT-AT driver and snowtroopers. :grin:

SWEEEET ! :sing::thumbup:

Good review, but why is the empire always so incompetent? :tongue:

Anyway, I like the set so I`ll get two, to properly fill up my AT-AT with troops and crew.

The only thing I can say about the boxart is: I don`t really care, the boxes are just something that stands between me and Lego bricks, they get flattened and stuffed away.

Excellent review! :thumbup:

This is the first time, Brickster has ever done a Star Wars review in his entire reviewing career so far. After reading it, you sure tempted me much more to get hold of this battlepack mainly because of its additional Snowtroopers and that Speeder Bike. I am glad to know that the speeder itself could be adjusted on both directions.

Thanks for sharing this review with our SW fans. :grin:

Lucus is that big of a freak he needs Clone Troopers on a set that is based on a movie that was released 20 years before the Clone Troopers even showed up?! What a freak!

*huh*

What are you blabbering about?

Who's a freak and why are you talking about Clone Troopers?

:hmpf:

Dear LEGO

Do you really need Clone Troopers on every box? It's bad enough you released about 20 horrible Clone Trooper sets. Can you please keep that trash off good Star Wars?

Thanks

GBG

Yes we do.

It's the official Star Wars box design and everyone use it.

We're getting a blue version for the summer sets.

Get over it and cool down on the thrashing.

A lot of people like the Clone Wars.

Thanks for a stunning first review on a SW set Brickster! :wub:

I hope to see more in the future!

This set has to be one if not my most favorite BP that has come out.

The figs are absolutley STUNNING! And the snow speeder and missle platform are an added bonus!

An excellent review! :thumbup:

CommanderFox

Amazing choice of troops, I've never got a snow trooper before but I really want one. :) New AT-AT helmet doesn't effect me, as I have no AT-AT, but now I want one!

Amazing choice of troops, I've never got a snow trooper before but I really want one. :) New AT-AT helmet doesn't effect me, as I have no AT-AT, but now I want one!

Same for me. :cry_sad:

But this and Echo base will change that! :sweet:

CommanderFox

Lucus is that big of a freak he needs Clone Troopers on a set that is based on a movie that was released 20 years before the Clone Troopers even showed up?! What a freak!

And you're the same "freak" that talked about 1x1 cheeseslopes all the time in Arc topic- so please do not call anyone "freak" here- what are you talking about anyway :wacko:

For around $10

Ha!

Here the battlepacks are $18-20! I'm sick of it, I say.

Oh well, sorry about price ranting. I will still get one, hopefully two of these. Now on topic:

Funny review! Good set! Thanks! Can;t wait until they come out there!

*huh*

What are you blabbering about?

Who's a freak and why are you talking about Clone Troopers?

:hmpf:

Ithinkhe hinkswethinktheythink that the Snowtroopers are Snow Clone Troopers, or whatever they are called. They are similiar. But of course they are; Snowtroopers are 'evolved' versions of the Cones.

My point: Clone Wars TV series are corrupting the minds of young Star Wars fans!

Maybe.

Thanks for the review. I would rather have another snow trooper instead of the AT-AT driver, and a repeating blaster cannon mounted on a sno embankment than the mini missile base.

The minifigures are awesome. But if i had to buy multiple battle packs, i would prefer to get more snowtroopers rather than general veers and at at driver as we only need 1 of those anyways. At $12.99 USD, thats the price for retail here in Canada. Oh well, gotta love toysrus prices.

:laugh: Very funny review! Come on you snowballing rebels!!

I love the speeder, and the AT-AT driver. Not sure about Veers, he looks a bit miffed. Probably because his helmet's the wrong colour.