7595 Army Men on Patrol  

77 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate it?

• Bad
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Excellent

Thanks everyone for your kind comments on my review. As an extra "thank you," here's the answer to your question chris_austin:

<snip>

I think they actually work pretty well. My choice of yellow head could've been better I suppose, but all in all I think these minifigs could help make a normal, modern army. Enjoy!

That yellow one actually looks pretty good, for it to be 100% Lego parts.

I absolutely have to get at least five of these for the figs now, and all those green bricks will also be useful in MOCs.

Great review, you really provided all of the details we need to determine our opinions on this set. :thumbup:

Cheers for the great review CLone O'Patra and thanks for letting us see how they look as normal LEGO army men too.

This set is a superb army builder for anyone wanting a green-fatigued soldiers and that's pretty much all I see it as! I'm not particularly interested in any of the other Toy Story sets but will surely pick this up for that reason.

Great transformation Clonie, I can't wait to get at least 5 of these. Dang, i'm excited.

Looks like a great set.

Also its listed at 15USD at TRU and amazon.com

I was hoping it would be price as the Star Wars battle packs.

Edited by lego40k

This set must be a good seller. My local Wal*Marts and Targets were all sold out the day they came in. TRU is the only place to get them and they are $14.99! But TRU does have a whole shelf for them. It is great to finally have military helmets. I've had enough of using kepis, fedoras, and motorcycle helmets for my armies. This is my favorite set of the last few years.

Looks like a great set.

Also its listed at 15USD at TRU and amazon.com

I was hoping it would be price as the Star Wars battle packs.

TRU is always a rip off, just wait until it's at S@H.

I have no interest in Toy Story, but the soldiers certainly make up for this set as being noteworthy! Too bad they have green faces... well, you could say they're wearing facecamo, which makes sense.

The jeep isn't bad, either.

I love Toy Story, and this set is one I'm most likely to pick up. In fact, I hope to next time I visit town.

Thanks for the review, Clone O'Patra! Seeing those soldiers up close sealed the deal for me. :thumbup:

I just got two of these sets today and I was a bit disappointed to discover that the faces of the soldiers are barely visible. The paint used on them was very faint rather than a strong black. I was planning on using the heads to create a green-skinned race for the medieval fantasy world but I decided not to do that once I saw these faces.

I know that this was done deliberately to create that "molded" look that real plastic toy soldiers have.

I just bought this today, and I gotta say, I love it, both for the green minifigs (omg!) and because I loved Toy Story as a kid.

I read the part about the bendy pieces though, and I checked, and my mind was blown and my heart slightly broken.

Also, I got to do this. I can't wait to start using these heads on more characters. B)

As for the truck, I don't mind the jutting - I'd probably make the chassis wider to acommodate another minifig or some accessories on the side. I might make one like it in different colours. =D

Edit: I just tried sticking Ha-Ya-To's head on one of these torsos and it was like, stupidly loose. Any of you have this same thing with your army guy figs or is it my head just in crap condition?

e2: nvm, tested more heads and they work =\

Edited by Aho Midarezaki

I picked up my first one of these sets today (I'll be going back for at least two more) at Walmart. The first thing I checked was the rifles and metal detector, and they are just as rigid as their non-green conterparts. Maybe it's a regional thing with the poor quality parts? Although I do have to agree, the face printing could be stronger, it's still a great set.

I bought this set at Target the other day, and I loved it. Only one problem.

Two of the heads were missing.

And TLC customer service doesn't recognize this set yet, so I guess I will have to wait till next year.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Great review,

Personally I'm holding out for an Impulse version of these guys.

Great review,

You might be holding out a long long time, we haven't seen a licensed impulse since they started making impulses, and it's been very long time since there's been a licensed set under $10.

@HuntleyFx, your parts are really completely rigid? The rifles in mine are close to rigid but just very slightly bendy, but the metal detector is completely bendy and the handle flakes when put in a minfig's hand. Did you buy one in the US or elsewhere?

Great review,

That would make my day but then again, most impulse sets are about $3 and for $11 you can get 4 figs, so it's actually $1 cheaper to buy 4 figs at a time in this little batlepack.

You might be holding out a long long time, we haven't seen a licensed impulse since they started making impulses, and it's been very long time since there's been a licensed set under $10.

@HuntleyFx, your parts are really completely rigid? The rifles in mine are close to rigid but just very slightly bendy, but the metal detector is completely bendy and the handle flakes when put in a minfig's hand. Did you buy one in the US or elsewhere?

I have to agree, although I'd be in for an impulse set of Green Army Men :devil:

I double checked the rifles and metal detector, and they are perfect, I bent tested it again, with the plain rifle from IJ Race for the Stolen Treasure for a control, and the amount of "bend" is the same, it takes a lot of force toget it to move. The texture seems different though, it seems like the Soldier's rifles are almost slippery, like when too much mold release is used. The metal detector doesn't flake when inserted into the hand. I bought the set just outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA.