Sign in to follow this  
Dreamweb

Pirate ship by deebostoker

195n.jpg

It was uploaded by Brickshelf user deebostoker.

Gallery

Not many pictures here and they\'re quite big. Anyway, tell me what you think about it? :pir-classic:

I saw that as well. It uses the 4-juniors (if that's what it's called) pirates hull. It curves back too quickly I think, and that's why I don't really see anyone use it to create a good looking ship hull. The rest of the build is a little too blocky/bulky and too red for my taste.

It uses the 4-juniors (if that's what it's called) pirates hull. It curves back too quickly I think, and that's why I don't really see anyone use it to create a good looking ship hull.

I wouldn't agree with that. I've seen at least two very good MOCs which used that hull. One of them can be seen here. The other one was a very big flagship with a few middle sections, but unfortunately I cannot find its pictures anywhere right now. The hull has a great potential if used wisely.

Unusual structure, but still a good ship. I agree with the comment of it being too red though. It's such a dominant, warm color that the other four colors kind of get lost in the mix and only intensify the red.

I wouldn't agree with that. I've seen at least two very good MOCs which used that hull. One of them can be seen here. The other one was a very big flagship with a few middle sections, but unfortunately I cannot find its pictures anywhere right now. The hull has a great potential if used wisely.

That one you link indeed doesn't look too bad. I somehow thought the 4-wide canon ports were an integral part of the hull.

Too bad I can't find pictures of that other ship anywhere... I'm pretty sure it was shown here but it's not in the ship MOC index (nor is Dodelijk Klompschoen, the one I linked to previously). It was a very impressive and huge vessel.

Anyway, about the ship from the first post - I think the builder made the whole hull too tall, making it look out of proportion. The curved back shape of the 4+ hull doesn't really go well with adding big extra structures on the top of its sides, it looks silly because we have the tumblehome and then some walls going straight up - like here. I think the hull should end right where the tumblehome ends.

I wouldn't complain about the colours though - considering the builder had to work with a red hull, I think he chose the other colours to fit it pretty well.