New Eyes!

Do you like the new eyes?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new eyes?

• No!
    • Yes, much more detailed faces!
    • I could care less, but I'm curious.

I don't mind the eyes, they look totally fine to me. :sweet:

A wise jedi once said "Change is what makes the galaxy beautiful". So these new heads are making the Lego star wars line more beautiful! :laugh:

Im happy with the heads-eyes, no changes will be made there. :classic:

CommanderFox

The official german retail catalogue shows the old-style minifig faces for the Landspeeder. I guess it is clear now that they use old heads for exisiting minifigs and new heads for new minifigs. IF the catalogue doesn't use a beta (Anakin driving Lukes Landspeeder?). Still a bit strange to see bruce Waynes and Indy-Nozis' faces on SW minifigs though.

Personally I really like the new faces. It's about time LEGO updated the 'ole Star Wars ones in light of some of the brilliant faces we've seen on offer for other themes, especially the Indy theme. There's a couple of my Han Solos been sporting stubble and Leia looking a little like Marion Ravenwood for a while now as the faces are so much better designed and have loads more character. I can't wait to see the new LEGO heads for our favourite characters which is surely to come.

They're not more realistic, since no one has black surrounded by white in the eye.
I think they meant to show the lights/sun reflected in the eye, because that's what seems the main reason.

To add to C.C.Delta7's comment it's called a highlight. People have also been referring to them as pupils which is clearly wrong!

I think this change defo for the better. As has been mentioned here it'll introcuce some diversity too with many of us having duplicate characters. At least it's not as ground-shaking as the change for yellow to flesh heads! :laugh:

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

So what's the big deal? It looks really weird when you put the old and new minifigs next to each other, but what I'd like to know, as I really don't care, is why they changed it anyway.

So what happened? What do you think about it?

I put an old and a new fig side to side- and i saw nothing strange :hmpf_bad: that's it....

The official german retail catalogue shows the old-style minifig faces for the Landspeeder. I guess it is clear now that they use old heads for exisiting minifigs and new heads for new minifigs. IF the catalogue doesn't use a beta (Anakin driving Lukes Landspeeder?). Still a bit strange to see bruce Waynes and Indy-Nozis' faces on SW minifigs though.

It really boggles my mind that they actually printed Anakin in that scene.

I think that the CW sets are going to eb the only ones to get cartoon heads since it's a cartoon, look at the battle of Endor, it's a new set but it was based off the movie, so we got brand new figs with new heads that didn't have big eyes.

Disturbing/Great news! Thanks Penitent Tangent!

SNIP

I'll take disturbing. :hmpf_bad: It doesn't even look like Luke! Why a new Ben head too? The newest one was pretty good except he seemed angry. Luke looks like this but with blond eyebrows. If I would take out their pupils they'd look like they have dilated eyes. My question is why? Why start adding pupils and changing faces completely(Luke)? I can't be the only one this upsets.

3626bpb121.JPG

Edited by JCC1004

I like the new faces and so will all of you in time.

Noone even remebers old grey anymore and in time, you'll all have forgotten about yellow heads and eyes without highlightings.

:grin:

[starts to waves hand from side to side]

I'll take disturbing... Why start adding pupils and changing faces completely(Luke)? I can't be the only one this upsets.

You'll probably have to get used to it. I can see this change being reflected through all the characters whenever they next appear.

Personally, I still welcome it. Seeing as LEGO seems to be going all out with new prints, moulds, etc. it'll mean nice, updated versions of the characters and probably multiple versions of a given character i.e. a Luke for each stage in the O.T. Maybe more double-sided heads too.

As much as anything this'll add to the variety of minifigs we have and also add potential for customs. That can only be a good thing!

Don't fear change. Without change something sleeps inside... the sleeper must awaken!

[starts to waves hand from side to side]

Jedi mind tricks only work on the weak minded. I am most defiantly not weak minded. Ask Yoda himself! :tongue: I'm fine with the pupils on the BP guys and Obi-Wan is okay too. I need to stop being so negative about the pupils. The only thing that still is bothering be is Luke's total head redesign. I'm rather fond of the old one.

But you've already got the old one, right?

So it doesn't really matter then?

:tongue:

I kinda like the new Luke. I can't wait to see what LEGO does with Han and Leia. I think Han would look best with a 'shaved' Indy head, personally. I've actually been waiting for star wars figures to catch up and match all of the other theme's LEGO produces. I guess LEGO thought that 10 years was long enough to wait. :grin:

I was on the fence about the landspeeder set, but these new heads just pushed me over, and now I have to buy it. :thumbup:

But you've already got the old one, right?

So it doesn't really matter then?

:tongue:

The old head? Yes I have two of them. I have this problem. :grin: I can't switch a figure's head with another. I also have to keep them how TLG made them. I have the same problem with the sets. I can't bring myself to modify them. I don't know why. I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

Me too, that is why I mod them. :)

The problem about the change of heads is that some people like it if all the minifigs have the same look when displayed together, what I can understand. There are some that came out only in yellow, some only in light flesh, and now some like this. Small problem. Looks confusing together.

And I was hoping for a New Hope Obi-Wan like in the Death Star, cause I really like that fig. And getting Lukes and Bens heads of BL seems pricy, a lot.

Also I have to say that I think they look too happy. So it was a bad choice by TLC using such a generic head, but whatever. Actually I was convinced to get this set early, but now not anymore.

Well, I'll take what LEGO gives me, as always. As I said in the other thread, I'll take any Luke head over the one they've been using, which I've always thought of as young Obi-Wan. I agree that these figs look a bit too happy for their characters, and Luke still screams for a different 'do, but the torsos are great.

Also, we don't know that the heads are not double-sided, though I'm not sure what would be on the other sides (Luke wining face and Obi-Wan's stern face?). I guess Star Wars figs were already getting "not-simple," so this seems like a logical step.

And I've still got my old yellow '99 Luke and Ben beside me, in case I get nostalgic.

speeder.jpg

Well i find that dumb they changed them but same to me i'm not buying this set anyway- i have yellow ben and yellow lukes plus old fleshie luke's- so it is completely same what thay are doing now- just re-release all the figs TLG i'm not going to buy all my figs again- i need only those i don't yet have Grievous and Palpatine and some others no need for new Luke...

Remember the summer sets are Prelim pictures so it's possible that they just threw those heads on there.

Remember the summer sets are Prelim pictures so it's possible that they just threw those heads on there.

If you're talking about the Landspeeder, Big Cam, that set is a January release, and I'm next to positive that that picture is final.

What is the source of that pic, by the way?

If you're talking about the Landspeeder, Big Cam, that set is a January release, and I'm next to positive that that picture is final.

What is the source of that pic, by the way?

Oh, I guess I retract my statement then, this i great news, i can buy it with Christmas money.

speeder.jpg

You now what, it's actually kind of funny when you think about it, they are all smiling but this picture of the set would have to take place shortly after look finds his home burned and his aunt and uncle dead, that isn't eally something that should make him happy, if they changed the pupils fine, but why'd they have to give him that dopey smile?

Erm...it's ok, but on the other side I don't like it. Maybe more detailed, but the older SW heads were just dot eyes with a stripe as a mouth, eyebrows, maybe a stripe under the chin, done. This will also have effect on the old faces that most of us liked. Like sok117 said, the Landspeeder set shouldn't have smiling minifigs, especially after Luke losing his home, aunt and his uncle. It will have effect on ALL of the existing heads returning to sets soon. I don't like this. I don't like this at all. :cry_sad:

"I feel a disturbance in the Force."

~General Magma

The old head? Yes I have two of them. I have this problem. :grin: I can't switch a figure's head with another. I also have to keep them how TLG made them. I have the same problem with the sets. I can't bring myself to modify them. I don't know why. I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

Oh, I used to be like that. Those were sad days. Now I literally MOD every set and minifig I ever get! In fact, I already picked out a couple of pieces I'm going to use to change my ARC fighter when I open it! :laugh:

I personally like the new pupils, but I absolutely hate Lukes new face. Obi Wan is fine, but Luke should honsetly not be smiling. As Sok pointed out "Oh yay, my parent's are dead." Or maybe "Oh yay, I'm about to forget everything I know and leave my home planet forever with an old guy I've only truly known for a half hour!"

My vote is, keep the new eyes, go back to the old face.

Edited by Darth Legolas

Haha I am exactly the same as well. I also Cant buy a set of the internet if it isnt MISB. I will keep the same heads for luke's landspeeder because they are starting to grow on me now. The blonde eyebrows are pretty good now.

Haha I am exactly the same as well. I also Cant buy a set of the internet if it isnt MISB. I will keep the same heads for luke's landspeeder because they are starting to grow on me now. The blonde eyebrows are pretty good now.

I can buy a set open off the web. MISB is nice but not necessary. A new Luke head was needed. That smile just isn't Luke. Now that head that was rumored to be with Luke Ceremony looked nice. TLG could have just added pupils and blond eyebrows it'd be a good updated head. It's still resemble the previous version.

Also, we don't know that the heads are not double-sided, though I'm not sure what would be on the other sides (Luke wining face and Obi-Wan's stern face?). I guess Star Wars figs were already getting "not-simple," so this seems like a logical step.

Luke could have a double-sided head, as the long hair would cover it up. Ben, well, his beard would probably poke out of the other end of his hair, like the tourist with sandy hair in Robo Attack.

Taken from Dark Wanderer's review:

img_1968.jpg

Ben Kenobi :pir-vader: