Sign in to follow this  
SavaTheAggie

SRW Scenic Tours: Painted Desert

A great piece Tony! I just recieved my 2010 RB calendar, and this certainly stood out. Brilliant work again, and great work on a whole about the calendar. :classic:

This one is my personal favorite Tony. I love the tan mountain and the tunnel. How large was the whole scene? Do you have a larger photograph of the entire display?

A great piece Tony! I just recieved my 2010 RB calendar, and this certainly stood out. Brilliant work again, and great work on a whole about the calendar. :classic:

Thanks much! I haven't been able to order my copy of the calendar yet, so I'm glad to hear it turned out. I appreciate the kind words, but Elroy Davis deserves most of the credit for the calendar.

This one is my personal favorite Tony. I love the tan mountain and the tunnel. How large was the whole scene? Do you have a larger photograph of the entire display?

Thanks much! The whole scene is just about as big as you see it, but as it just so happens I do have a photograph of the whole thing.

4060465408_12b4e03d33_m.jpg

It would seem the interest in my Scenic Tours is waning, either because there's no "wow" factor, or I've been posting them too soon after the other. Either way, I have but one more photo to share, and I'll do that next week. After that it'll probably be weeks or months until the other.

--Tony

The colors are really well-chosen. I like all the different layers of rock and the color you picked for the cacti. And the train is nice too :wink:

Thanks much! The whole scene is just about as big as you see it, but as it just so happens I do have a photograph of the whole thing.

4060465408_12b4e03d33_m.jpg

--Tony

Wow...I mean, wow... :cry_happy:ITS BEAUTIFUL!

Words cannot express my deep love for a classic American 4-4-0 in the dry arid desert canyon coming out of a long, dark tunnel with steam billowing behind it!

The only thing that poped my bubble is how it was just a diorama, and not a real, running layout

(Think about it! TheBrickster's new Mexican line could look great when mixed with this!

Thanks much! I haven't been able to order my copy of the calendar yet, so I'm glad to hear it turned out. I appreciate the kind words, but Elroy Davis deserves most of the credit for the calendar.

Well as I have no contact with him, please congratulate him on the fine work on my behalf. :classic:

It would seem the interest in my Scenic Tours is waning, either because there's no "wow" factor, or I've been posting them too soon after the other. Either way, I have but one more photo to share, and I'll do that next week. After that it'll probably be weeks or months until the other.

--Tony

I know myself and TheBrickster are very interested, and so are some others. You should definately continue this great series of photos, keep up the work. They keep me frequenting the train forum. :thumbup: