Sign in to follow this  
nintha

Lego Dreidel

The story for me making this goes back from when I was watching a show on the History channel called "Surviving the Holidays". It had a bunch of comedians on telling stories that had to do about there holiday experiances and some jokes about them too, but one of the jokes was from a jewish comedian and he was talking about how in high school, the jocks beat him up and always got in trouble for gambling. So he made a deal with them that they wouldn't beat him up if he taught them a gambling game that they wouldn't get in trouble for. He taught them the game of Dreidel. I thought it was funny. Then I saw a candy filled dreidel at a drug store and I thought it would be funny to get one but missed my chance so I made this lego one.

4183346430_1f2737d157_o.jpg

And it spining.

4182582559_a632b75bd6_o.jpg

I hope you like it and just to tell you I am not Jewish.

Edited by nintha

Thats pretty realistic! If anyone wants I can say where the dreidel comes from and its significance. I actually have a whole vase full of dreidels, I won it at a carnival last year.

Thanks, Natman8000 I would really like to hear about where it comes from and its significance and a vase full of dreidels, :oh: a weird prize but it's still a good one.

Prateek, The tip is actually this peice. :wink:

Thanks, Natman8000 I would really like to hear about where it comes from and its significance and a vase full of dreidels, :oh: a weird prize but it's still a good one.

Prateek, The tip is actually this peice. :wink:

The dreidel comes from (or so I have been taught) from the time when the greek-Syrians put decrees over the Jewish people, and many Jews hid. To past the time, they made this game called dreidel. It works this way- (the four hebrew letter)gimmel equals the full pot, the hay equals the half, shin is you give in some of your own, and nun is nothing. Most people use chocolate coins, but a few people use money. you can play for a long time if you dont eat all the coins! I forgot to mention that the letters stand for what means in english- a big miracle happened there. In israel it has a phay instead of a shin. phay stands for here. the vase was a guess how many are inside kind of thing, there were about 120.

Thanks Natman8000, I some what knew what the letters were but the history behind it is actually very interesting to me thanks for sharing and as for 120 dreidels in the vase is even more surprising. What do you do with them all? And just to mention I meant to put this up on the first day of Hanukkah but I forgot to :blush: .

It was Walgreens, LEGOMAN132, but they do sell out fast, or at least that is what I heard.

Thats a good idea MrTools. I am actually going to play my first game tonight and I bought plenty of choclate coins to play with.