Sign in to follow this  
Pellaeon

An Unexpected Pleasure

An Unexpected Pleasure :vader:

A Christmas 2009 Vignette by Pellaeon

Version 1.1

A surprise visit from Lord Vader is rarely good news, but sometimes all he wants to do is spread a little holiday cheer:

4182874989_0bec30d0ce_o.png

Vader's shuttle arrives, bearing gifts.

4183637444_da13b05397_o.jpg

Yes, the entire idea is based around a pun on a line from Return of the Jedi. :grin: The "Jelly of the Month" membership for Moff Jerjerrod is a reference to the movie Christmas Vacation, where it's the terrible "Christmas bonus" from Chevy Chase's cheapskate boss. Hopefully some of those other gifts are better...

I used a couple of the free holiday Lego sets (thanks, Toys R Us) to make a shorter, fuller Christmas tree. More pictures can be found on flickr.

Update 1.1: I took a few new pictures, cleaned up the tree a bit, rearranged a few presents, and gave the Moff a cap.

Comments and criticisms welcome!

Edited by Pellaeon

Very cute! I love the metallic touches to the tree and presents - very Imperial. The helmet is hilarious!

Excellent. I especially like how you have just the front tip of the Imperial Shuttle; it looks fantastic, and the ramp comes down in just the right way. I do quite like the pun as well. Best of luck!

Great Vignette! I love the comic "we are honoured by your presents" that line is hilarious! Just check that there is no overhang before the competition closes cause I think there might be a bit of overhang on yours.

Good luck!

Great Vignette! I love the comic "we are honoured by your presents" that line is hilarious! Just check that there is no overhang before the competition closes cause I think there might be a bit of overhang on yours.

Despite my previous record re: overhang, this one is totally legit. The shuttle was actually no problem, it's the Christmas tree I had to fiddle with to make sure none of the corners poke out over the edge. I can take a top-down photo at some point if the judges want to be sure...

And thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Edited by Pellaeon

I love the fact you added the part of the shuttle along with the ramp beneath. Very nice entry and I especially like that statement made by Vader.

:laugh: Nice Entry Pellaeon. :thumbup:

I love that tree! :wub:

The idea for this Vig is a very nice one. :thumbup:

Great job and good luck!

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

A great idea and I love the humor. Great use of the limited space. Christmas Vacation is a favorite holiday movie of mine and I love that you had Vader himself deliver that line. Let's see if the Imperial officer dares to rant and rave to him! :laugh:

Entry accepted.

Good luck when the voting starts!

Very well designed, and perfectly exicuted. You brought both the Imperial feeling and the christmas sprit to your VIG. Looks very nice, Very Well done, You get TWO of my points :thumbup::thumbup: