Johnny 5

New Lego Commercial?

I just saw it twice during today's Cowboys/Chargers game. Did anyone else see it?

It has a father and son building a very large house together with all sorts of things on it such as a windmill and a turret.

I thought it was interesting to see a commercial from them that doesn't feature a particular set, first I've seen in a long time.

Does this indicate more of a mainstream advertising presence for Lego?

I'll search for the video and see if I can find a link.

Edit:

Edited by Johnny 5

I never seen an advert for just Lego in general before. In fact, the only ad I've seen in the UK this year is for Power Miners!

I've seen it on several stations. I thought it was a nice commercial.

Steve

I've seen it on several stations. I thought it was a nice commercial.

Steve

How far back did you start seeing it?

That's an amazing commercial. I agree that it's kinda weird seeing a Lego ad without any particular sets. :thumbup:

Here it is:

I think is really great piece of video- It shows whats lego is really about- Imagination and fun building with someone.

But my favorite is this one:

Here it is:

I think is really great piece of video- It shows whats lego is really about- Imagination and fun building with someone.

But my favorite is this one:

That was an amazing commercial! I saw it while I was searching for the current one.

I think the one their showing now is great in that it really shows the true spirit of Lego and that they still have that in mind as a company.

Especially since some questions have been raised concerning the departure from classic Lego themes and a focus on licensed themes with some articles about Lego in the mainstream media.

I didn't see that commerical before. Thanks for posting it!

It's an awesome stop-motion commercial! The effects like the burning tree, color changing stairs, runny water faucet, and all those other things are very cool.

The overall house that they built looks very funny, and I love the thing that the narrator says about the windmill ("True, some elements may be slightly irregular - just look at that windmill thingy"). :laugh:

Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed watching it. It's now my most favorite LEGO commercial!

A deeplink of the commercial:

I saw the commercial today and was very excited to see 1) a kid actually building 2) a parent and kid building together and 3) a kid building something from his imagination - not just a set. Excellent work LEGO Group, this is the kind of commercial I love to see.

Recently I saw a Duplo commercial with a little boy and girl playing together and was equally impressed with the concept there. I can only hope that they keep putting girls into their commercials, and not just the Duplo commercials (hint, hint).

~Stacy

I saw the commercial today and was very excited to see 1) a kid actually building 2) a parent and kid building together and 3) a kid building something from his imagination - not just a set. Excellent work LEGO Group, this is the kind of commercial I love to see.

Recently I saw a Duplo commercial with a little boy and girl playing together and was equally impressed with the concept there. I can only hope that they keep putting girls into their commercials, and not just the Duplo commercials (hint, hint).

~Stacy

Exactly, this commercial works on so many levels because it deals with using your imagination and not following "rules" when building, also a child and parent playing together is an added bonus.

Do you maybe have a link for that Duplo commercial?

Can anyone help me locate a particular Lego commercial that I remember seeing a very, very long time ago and has been kind of on the edge of my memory ever since...

All I remember is that at the end, a train crashed through a brick wall. Does that ring any bells?

LEGO have started reshowing the old commercial in the run up to Xmas (in the UK at least). Camera quality is kinds grainy compared to modern TV pictures but it's great to see a blast from the past like this!

Cheers

Rog

LEGO have started reshowing the old commercial in the run up to Xmas (in the UK at least). Camera quality is kinds grainy compared to modern TV pictures but it's great to see a blast from the past like this!

Cheers

Rog

Yeah I was surprised when I went to the cinema recently to see 2012, the kipper advert was shown.

I think the best advert was this one

When I try to think about what if this was real and what the heck is in the box, my imagination goes ballistic!

Still trying to find a technic ad from 1992 or 1993 which had the airtech claw rig in it.

I was really happy to see this on my TV a few days ago! I think it's nice to see Lego emphasizing a bit on family togetherness mixed with imagination :thumbup:

Exactly, this commercial works on so many levels because it deals with using your imagination and not following "rules" when building, also a child and parent playing together is an added bonus.

Do you maybe have a link for that Duplo commercial?

I wasn't able to find the exact Duplo commercial, but they do have three that are similar (boy and a girl playing with the sets together) on the Duplo site. If I track down the latest one, I'll be sure to post a link.

~Stacy

Thats a really good ad though I just wish I had the time to build a moc that cool!

Great find :thumbup:

~Stacy

I saw that Duplo one several times too -- I think the TV channel was a family one (maybe ABC Family), yet the Dad & Boy house build was definitely on the FX channel (hmm, wonder what that means ;-) and is on the LEGO Club TV channel on YouTube

Although the Duplo one isn't there yet -- perhaps soon. It's interesting too how they promote as helping with "social skills" on that particular commercial. :classic:

If I see the Duplo one online, I'll try to remember to post a link here.

Is saw it too, I actually stopped talking to my wife mid-sentance and just stared at the TV, I hadn't seen a LEGO commercial in years.