Great Technic models CP5670!

Some are really complicated in their designs. :oh:

Nice job with all the models!

CommanderFox

I had mostly built all the models I was planning to here, but someone mentioned the 8888 dog earlier and it was just too cool to pass up.

After building these other walking models for comparison, the pneumatic walker is better than I thought and probably moves the most smoothly among all of these models.

(pictures and comments moved to first post)

Edited by CP5670

I used to build this all the time...

Initially, I didn't have enough 40tooth gears.. so I just used 2 x 24 tooth ones.

It sped up the movement a bit, although didn't look as nice.

RB

[bUMP] Here is the set of four Technic Idea Books (8888, 8889, 8890, and 8891) in PDF format. You can download them from MegaUpload via the hyperlinks below. EDIT: The first three are available in PDF form on Worldbricks (see hyperlinks below). Flip through the pages to reminisce about your youth, or make some MODERN, STUDLESS versions of the various studded creations shown.... :classic:

Lego Technic 8888 Idea Book (Expert Builder) from 1980 (100 pages, 9.5 MB PDF document)

Lego Technic 8889 Idea Book from 1984 (116 pages, 23.8 MB PDF document)

Lego Technic 8890 Idea Book from 1988 (52 pages, 4 MB PDF document)

Lego Technic 8891 Idea Book from 1991 (100 pages, 14 MB PDF document)

8888-1.1121899909.thumb2.jpg8889-1.1123714696.thumb2.jpg8890-1.1121476010.thumb2.jpg8891-1.1123714700.thumb2.jpg

Edited by DLuders

This is so much fun! At that time I must have build every model of the first two books!

I was in total awe with the truck!

8888_truck.jpg

Edited by JunkstyleGio

This is so much fun! At that time I must have build every model of the first two books!

I assembled this truck in 2011.

SAM_0318.JPG

Cool! I have some of them at my parent's house, but there are just some single pages left. So now I can reprint them!

Thanks!!! :thumbup:

Regards,

Gerhard

Hi All!

I'm new to Eurobricks, though I've been on Bricklink and Lugnet for 10 years now.

Few people ever managed to build the giant truck from 8889. Yeah, the one with only 3-4 photos and NO instructions. :angry:

One guy did, and posted pics on Brickshelf.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=277620

If anyone else would be so kind as to not only build it, but also take step-by-step snapshots, that would be so wicked...

Bump

Any info at all on the 8889 super truck?

Sorry for being annoying but I've been dying to build this for 10 years :sweet:

8889 relevant pages:

http://belay.peeron.com/scans/8889-1/38/

http://belay.peeron.com/scans/8889-1/39/

http://belay.peeron.com/scans/8889-1/40/

http://belay.peeron.com/scans/8889-1/41/

From "disley"'s brickshelf gallery:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=237779

truck1.jpg

According to the brickshelf folder, this sets only needs....engine from 8858 auto engines and modified gearbox from 8865 test car. The test car is availible to a reasonal price. Maybe Blakbird has the engine set to use.

EDIT: I've decided on getting the Auto Engines set for my next shopping list. Doesn anyone know the difference between the 858 and the 8858 set. Which one is the original?

Edited by Lost_In_Noise

EDIT: I've decided on getting the Auto Engines set for my next shopping list. Doesn anyone know the difference between the 858 and the 8858 set. Which one is the original?

The model is exactly the same. Only the packaging is different. The 858 came first. Read more here.

I guessed so, because that was the one not availible on bricklink. Well, I'll just wait for a wanted list mail to arrive :classic:

By the way, how do you store your sets? Do you have like a spare room for all of them, or just scattered around the house. I'll be expanding my collection, but can't find the room.

The model is exactly the same. Only the packaging is different. The 858 came first. Read more here.

Edited by Lost_In_Noise

@ Lost_In_Noise: Blakbird's magnificent collection *oh2* can be seen on his Brickshelf gallery.

(pic)

(pic)

That's magnificent (not insane). I will have to move to a bigger apartment to store all those sets, or maybe just move into the living room. One day my parents will walk in on me and tell me off about wasting money etc.... Thankfully they don't visit too often. Are there anyone else who has a complete collection like Eric?

Edited by Lost_In_Noise

That's magnificent (not insane). I will have to move to a bigger apartment to store all those sets, or maybe just move into the living room. One day my parents will walk in on me and tell me off about wasting money etc.... Thankfully they don't visit too often. Are there anyone else who has a complete collection like Eric?

I'm not aware of anyone else with a complete Technic collection, but there are lots of fans with complete collections of other themes such as Space, Castle, Pirate, etc. It is much easier to get a complete collection now that we have Bricklink. When most of mine were collected it did not exist yet so they were often very difficult to find.

I'm not aware of anyone else with a complete Technic collection, but there are lots of fans with complete collections of other themes such as Space, Castle, Pirate, etc. It is much easier to get a complete collection now that we have Bricklink. When most of mine were collected it did not exist yet so they were often very difficult to find.

I can only imagine. I scour through my wanted list every month, and it's shrinking fast. I still have to wait until the summer holidays until I'm beginning to get something complete. I have every 1000pcs+ set, and all of the race cars, except the HP racer. The smaller sets are easier to get 10 at a time.

[bUMP] Here is the set of four Technic Idea Books (8888, 8889, 8890, and 8891) in PDF format. You can download them from MegaUpload via the hyperlinks below. EDIT: The first three are available in PDF form on Worldbricks (see hyperlinks below). Flip through the pages to reminisce about your youth, or make some MODERN, STUDLESS versions of the various studded creations shown.... :classic:

Is there any chance that these are hosted somewhere else as well? It looks like that site is having some trouble...

@ yotogi: You can download all four Lego Technic Idea Books in PDF format via the SkyDrive hyperlinks below: :classic:

8888 Lego Technic Idea Book (Expert Builder) from 1980 (100 pages, 9.5 MB PDF document)

8889 Lego Technic Idea Book (116 pages, 23.8 MB PDF document)

8890 Lego Technic Idea Book (52 pages, 4 MB PDF document)

8891 Lego Technic Idea Book (100 pages, 14 MB PDF document)

8888-1.1121899909.thumb2.jpg8889-1.1123714696.thumb2.jpg8890-1.1121476010.thumb2.jpg8891-1.1123714700.thumb2.jpg

Edited by DLuders

@ yotogi: You can download all four Lego Technic Idea Books in PDF format via the SkyDrive hyperlinks below: :classic:

You are my new best friend!

BUMP

Just discovered the pneumatic robo and the CC I 8094 Robo-Showcase in the book 8891 - seems wonderful models to me...

Anybody out there who has a part list for these models, s.b.?

roboter.jpg

roboter-cc-i.jpg

Otherwise i assume for the later one the CC I should be more or less enough (plus an extra motor e.g. from 8082) and also for the former one (plus the pneumatics from 8868 or 8862)

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Kumbbl