Sign in to follow this  
Commodore Hornbricker

WIP The Making of a Fleet

That looks awesome, and i really love the colour scheme, dark blue is a colour that i dont see used that often and it looks great here.

Looking good... Are you going to be adding any cannon on the quarter deck and foredeck? Most ships of that size had them on those decks. And it would add a few more guns to your count...

That looks awesome, and i really love the colour scheme, dark blue is a colour that i dont see used that often and it looks great here.

I second that about the dark blue. Ill have to use it sometime.

Edited by Admiral Béjaune

This is a really cool project that you are undertaking. I love the colors of your ship. I think the cabin could have more exterior detail, like little flowers. The bow also could use a better figurehead because this magnificent ship needs a magnificent figurehead. Other than that it looks spectacular. I can't wait to see more of your ships.

Liking the ship! But the inverted slope pieces on the top stern window look a bit strange there. Like they are blocking the top window from sight. But you can do what you want.

You gonna try one with the normal Royal Navy Yellow and Black colourscheme? :thumbup:

Liking the ship! But the inverted slope pieces on the top stern window look a bit strange there. Like they are blocking the top window from sight. But you can do what you want.

You gonna try one with the normal Royal Navy Yellow and Black colourscheme? :thumbup:

Yes I will do one in black and yellow. Resolution is Venerable's sister ship. I rebuilt her sides last night in tan and navy blue. She looks really good in those colors...except for her stupid little ladder ;-)

Great progress you're making. I like the cabins in the back. I was expecting the ship to look boring if you also did the cabins in black and white, but it works really well. This color scheme keeps growing on me. Looking forward to the rest of the fleet.

There are lot of very good elements on your ship, particularly the blue color scheme that is very well assorted with the lion theme, the fences with white cones, do you aim at putting them on the whole lenght of the ship ? I also like the way you succeded in curving the deck with beautyful tan plates, and the stern is quite original, with a wise amount of ornaments. Moreover, I'm in love with the little door you put in between the stairs, this detail is very charming. But about the stern, I think the two sides are a bit one strange, juste because of the sloped bricks that surround the windows of the second cabin. It gives a squared aspect to the cabins, it is a little pity.

Good luck for the following, I will carefully watch for your progress ;)

Humbly, Ingmar

I love the British! I can't wait to see six ships at one time, the colour scheme on that is really good. Those French will have their hands full. :pir_laugh2:

Those French will have their hands full. :pir_laugh2:

Clearly you haven't seen the full power of the French Caribbean fleet by Admiral Bejaune, Captain Green Hair and myself. :devil:

Very nice work, Mister Hornbricker! You are truly a worthy ally of my French Napoleonic Army.

You are truly a worthy ally of my French Napoleonic Army.

Are you a neutral Frenchman? :pir-sceptic:

Your ships are looking super, keep up the good work :thumbup:

Your working really fast at these Egor, all that training I gave you about being a good servant paid off, unfortunately though your on the wrong side, the much hated Redcoats. Join us, the almighty Bluecoats and I'll promote from a lowly servant to a gardener.

Interested?

Edited by Ratshot

Your ships are looking super, keep up the good work :thumbup:

Your working really fast at these Egor, all that training I gave you about being a good servant paid off, unfortunately though your on the wrong side, the much hated Redcoats. Join us, the almighty Bluecoats and I'll promote from a lowly servant to a gardener.

Interested?

Thanks.

Hmmm. I am pretty happy with all my various positions and titles thanks. I like to let my Redcoat armies and navies promote my interests.

I'll say it again: impressive progress. I really like the color schemes you picked for them. Hope you'll be able to give all of them some unique features in addition to the color scheme.

These are already the biggest fleet in all of the LEGO world. How much did it all cost all together?

Not very much new money. Most everything is coming out of my collection. The only things I had to buy are hinges, flags, more 2x black plates and 2 x 4 black bricks.

That is a stunning fleet already Commodore!

The different colourshems are remarkable, some of them work perfect. The large black/yellow ship of the line is bugging me though. I think you should change the coloursheme. The gunports in the yellow lines looks much better I think.

All the other ship colours are great. :pir-wub:

Lucky enough the Bluecoat dockyards are working at top speed to catch up!

I'm looking forward to the next updates. :pir-sweet:

Not very much new money. Most everything is coming out of my collection. The only things I had to buy are hinges, flags, more 2x black plates and 2 x 4 black bricks.

As I keep telling my girlfrien you can never have too much lego. Seriously I thought I had a lot of lego but hanging around on these forums makes me very humble.

Very impressive fleet by the way!

cheers

Alright you scallywags. I have a few more pictures of my First Rate Ship of the Line the HMS Foudroyant. She looks like she will end up with between 110 and 120 guns. Next up will be tackling the bow and the stern.

1263400238m_DISPLAY.jpg

12634002411_DISPLAY.jpg

12634002432_DISPLAY.jpg

12634002453_DISPLAY.jpg

I'm not a big fan of three-deck ships on prefab hulls, but for the rest you are just doing a great job :thumbup:

The flowers for gunports are a very cleaver idea, and the colourscheme looks good as well.

The bow and stern are always the most difficult parts, so I'm interested in how you are going to make it.

So far it looks good, keep up the impressive work!

(p.s., you asked me about my masts.. I think it will take a while before I'm actually going to give it sails and yards but so far it's rather strong)

Edited by Admiral Croissant

Alright you scallywags. I have a few more pictures of my First Rate Ship of the Line the HMS Foudroyant. She looks like she will end up with between 110 and 120 guns. Next up will be tackling the bow and the stern.

1263400238m_DISPLAY.jpg

I'm liking the new ship however it is nearly as big as the Unicorn, Do not go any bigger! Don't take away my title! :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Joey Lock