AllanSmith

2010 Train Sets

Yeah... Manor... our friendly store also exclusively stocking Prince of Persia - at huge over the top rates. I also cannot understand why Amazon.fr wont ship here.. but never mind. I will wait until general availability and then use toppreise.ch. Its worth it!

Because our loving federal leadership want's to protect our impor... sorry, us, from parallel imports.

And that's mostly why Amazon.fr will ship everything everywhere, except to Switzerland.

I've just seen the prices for the Train sets @ TRU uk:

Level crpssing - £15

Passenger train - £100

Freight Train - £130

Station - £35

The sets themselves are very expensive. And I thought they were going to PF to make it cheaper?

I actually think these prices are just about ok, I know we were promised cheaper sets because of no metal rails, but giving the last remote trains were around £100 for the old cargo train,

I think I would really have expected to see at least one set of lights included for this price, but I think it's OK, especially giving the UK has seen a 15 - 20% price increase in general since last year when Lego spotted it was selling strongly despite a credit crunch! I thought they were going to charge us £150 for the cargo train!

Paul

Little note to all - instructions for ALL new train sets are on Lego.com customer service pages !

I'm downloading like crazy at the moment - HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY !! :laugh:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Will the included PF (battery box, motor etc) in both new train sets work in Emerald Night?

Are the included PF same as the one included in Emerald Night Collection (K10194)?

Greetings! :classic:

I am sure this is probably been mentioned before but does anyone out there know a specific date (other than June 2010) that these wonderful train sets are supposed to appear in the USA? I have been dying to get my hands on the cargo train and train station.

Will the included PF (battery box, motor etc) in both new train sets work in Emerald Night?

Are the included PF same as the one included in Emerald Night Collection (K10194)?

Yes and no. Well, technically yes and no for both.

For the first question: the battery box is the exact same dimensions as the rechargeable battery that was included in K10194. The way the trains are driven, however, is different. The Emerald Night is driven via a PF XL Motor and a series of gears connected to the drive-wheels and the motor, where the new trains will be driven via motors similar to the 9V ones.

For the second question... well, see previous answer. Rather than having to fiddle with an XL Motor and working out a gear-ratio, you'll just have to slap on the PF Train Motor, a receiver and the battery pack or the rechargeable battery and you're good to go.

Edited by Melfice

Perhaps I missed it earlier - the new trains are on the UK. Hungary, France, Ireland, Australia, Belgium website.

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Leaf.aspx?cn=419&d=328 (plus others)

But not yet Austrial, Germany, Switzerland, USA...

That's almost worse than some Video Game Publishers. Not even a continent-wide release?

But at least the Bricklink prices should fall now.

They're on sale at Toyworld currently in Australia. :-)

At least the passenger train and the station are anyway, I picked up the train. Love it. :thumbup:

That's almost worse than some Video Game Publishers. Not even a continent-wide release?

But at least the Bricklink prices should fall now.

Perhaps it is a language thing... the German speaking ones are generally not available... (POP took an extra month to appear in Switzerland). Or perhaps it is just related to phased stocks; sufficient stocks arrived for some smaller countries; but the big orders expected in Europe and USA (where Lego trains are more popular) are waiting for the next batch?

I'll keep watching over the next few days. Im not confident that the CH official price will be good... but it should be possible to find online retailers with good discounts (Crane Truck can be found at 30% off if you look around). Oh and CH fans should note that Toy Story 3 stuff is likely to appear in the next week; the place holder on Lego site is now listed but no items yet.

7937 Train Station is now up on US Shop At Home, $49.99.

Shouldn't be too long before the trains start showing up. YEAH! :classic:

- Patrick

I hope the trains come out soon, I'm going back to the Lego store on the 21st and i have a $30 discount. I can't see why they shouldn't though with the instructions and train station online already...

7938 Passenger Train is now available on the U.S. site ($129.99)

no cargo train yet

Double VIP points and 2 of the new train sets are available. Unfortunately for my wallet this is more incentive to spend. I'll probably pass on this one but will strike when the level crossing and cargo train are added (soon I hope). If the passenger train is $130 I'm hoping the cargo train will be kept to $150 (given it has 170 more parts and better track selection). Wishful thinking :hmpf:

Read in the description that the passenger train can handle up to eight cars. I think that's pretty respectable. I hope LEGO releases the new PF train motor for individual sale soon, those RC ones are garbage.

I've put in an order at Lego for a level crossing and a few other bits. Yes, it's RC and I use 9V but the track will come in useful for the ends of sidings.

EDIT: 14th June: Order has been dispatched. Can't wait to review for you lovely lot :cry_happy:

Edited by Matt Dawson

I've put in an order at Lego for a level crossing and a few other bits. Yes, it's RC and I use 9V but the track will come in useful for the ends of sidings.

EDIT: 14th June: Order has been dispatched. Can't wait to review for you lovely lot :cry_happy:

Got the 7938 and put it together. Looks nice, but not really impressed with the powertrain. Still, it's easy to fit the 9V motors, which am getting more of.

One thing: IS LEGO GOING TO BRING JUST THE CARRIAGES OUT?!!

I hope so, it really needs two or three more trucks.

Cargo train and level crossing are now up on US S@H.

Cargo Train: $180

Level Crossing: $20

Cargo train and level crossing are now up on US S@H.

Cargo Train: $180

Level Crossing: $20

Ahh time to save up $200.45 for those two sets and 45 cents in BAB pieces i plan to use for the MOC classic bucket idea in my head for the MOW. :sweet:

Plus shipping and handling of course :grin:

Got the 7938 and put it together. Looks nice, but not really impressed with the powertrain. Still, it's easy to fit the 9V motors, which am getting more of.

One thing: IS LEGO GOING TO BRING JUST THE CARRIAGES OUT?!!

I hope so, it really needs two or three more trucks.

I bought two copies of the previous passenger train 7897, made them into one 5-car train

and one 1-car train (after all, those "White Train Front 6 x 14 x 7 2/3" pieces had to

go somewhere, right?). Each looks quite nice by the way, even that 1-car train is kind

of neat (no other train that I have can go as fast through the curves without derailing,

that battery box in a single-car train makes for a very low center of gravity).

I was hoping to do the same with the new train, but now that I'm thinking about the cost, $129 multiplied

by two, that's getting to be too much. I'm curious though, what can the motor comfortably pull? Can

you attach 5 or 6 cars of similar weight and still get it to move even in the lower speed settings?

Mark

I was hoping to do the same with the new train, but now that I'm thinking about the cost, $129 multiplied

by two, that's getting to be too much. I'm curious though, what can the motor comfortably pull? Can

you attach 5 or 6 cars of similar weight and still get it to move even in the lower speed settings?

Mark

I received my two copies of 7938 today. :sweet:

I built the first one. I then built two more coachs out of the other set. Now I have to deside which train will get the extra Power Functions. The Santa Fe maybe.

The one problem I have with the 7938. It can't take a curve at high speed. I've rebuilt it twice to far after it launch itself off my train table. I'm demoting the engine driver to a yard switcher. :laugh:

- Patrick

I received my two copies of 7938 today. :sweet:

I built the first one. I then built two more coachs out of the other set.

This 5-car train, does it move in the lowest speed setting? At which speed setting

does it derail out of the curves?

This 5-car train, does it move in the lowest speed setting? At which speed setting

does it derail out of the curves?

A 5 car train crawls along at a speed of 2. 4 or 5 seems to be a good speed to run that size of train at. At 6 the engine leans a little in the curves. At 7, forget about it, crash!!! *oh2* 7 is top speed for the Power Functions motor.

I did some testing at what speed does 7938 derail on a curve:

The engine by itself will derail on a curve at a speed of 5.

An engine and two cars will derail at a speed of 6.

An engine and three cars will derail at a speed of 6.

An engine and four cars will derail at the top speed of 7 (most of the time).

- Patrick

Edited by Dyson2972

So logic would then say more cars the more likely it will stay on the tracks.

What if some weight was added to the engine, to use gravity as downward force on to the track. But it would have to be low on the chassis so not to topple over the engine when going around curves. I'll try it when i can get my hands on this train.

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet: