Sign in to follow this  
Pugsly

Review: 7590 Toy Story Woody and Buzz to the Rescue

Thanks so much for the review. I loved the movie too. I wonder when this set will arrive in the city I live. Looking forward to it! :classic:

Nice review. I'm undecided on this set. I kind of want the Buzz minifig, but I'm not a fan of the Woody one (sorry, Woody). The only drawback I saw from the leaked pictures were the lack of studs on the heads. But the revelation that the hat is attached makes him even less appealing. It would've been nice to have been able to use that hat with other minifigs at the very least.

If the printed parts are only $5 extra per set, I'd rather pay the extra $5 than get the decals. Admittedly, it adds up over time, but I 'd still pay the extra. I'll just skip a day of lunch for every set I get. ;)

Nice review for an eye catching set!

I love that all the pieces in the set are printed, great move. I imagine this will help with playability, as when the car goes racing along (thanks to the pull back motor) and crashes, you won't have stickers that come loose and fall off.

I imagine that despite the price this set will still sell like hotcakes - I know I want one! :tongue:

Funny thing, I was totally against stickers a while back but now I am starting to appreciate them more. Especially in the licensed themes.

I like not having a piece limited by it's print and at the same time I can think of alternate uses for stickers. That said, in general I would rather have printed torsos. :classic::)

That´s what she says!

:laugh:

Are those 2x1 slope pieces with the vents in them new?? I've never seen them before.

What rock have you been living under? Those have been around since the first Agents sets! They have been used in most themes and are quite common now. :sceptic:

Funny thing, I was totally against stickers a while back but now I am starting to appreciate them more. Especially in the licensed themes. I like not having a piece limited by it's print and at the same time I can think of alternate uses for stickers.

Finally somebody understands me! :cry_happy:

However, since I wont take these sets apart for a long time, I don't mind that these are printed.

@ Pugsly: Could you please show us a pic of Buzz without his armor? :sweet:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

nice too see printed parts, they will go good with MODing next years power miner sets. Only disappointment is the price and that buzz only has half a helmet, boo :sad:

All these specialized pieces look so un-Lego-ey... (Buzz's wings and helmet, Woody's head).

Agreed 1100%.

Bleh! The Woody figure was worse enough, now because of it being pre-assembled it is just terrible! :sick:

Edited by Legoliner Pilot

Im really looking forward to getting this set. I like the RC car and Buzz I think they are done really well but I dont like that woody has 3 stud legs. I dont like how they dont have normal minifig heads but big ones that are shaped. Im guessing that was disney's idea to have that. I like how the instructions has Andy's wallpaper in the background

Great review!

Woody looks so big compared to buzz!

Have you ever seen the movie?

Woody IS big compared to Buzz. :tongue:

What rock have you been living under? Those have been around since the first Agents sets! They have been used in most themes and are quite common now. :sceptic:

Well sorry. Some people can't afford to buy every set. I mainly stick to Star Wars and I have looked through many many threads on these forums and I guess I've never seen them before. I'll just assume everything is commo from now on.

Well obviously you haven't been looking hard enough. :tongue: There are many reviews of Agents and Power Miners sets which use that piece quite heavily. Haven't you ever wondered what people mean when they talk about cheese grater pieces? Well, these are the ones. They have been used in SW too, like on the Solar Sailer and Fighter tank. I'm not saying it's bad that you missed this, just that it's rather odd. :blush:

So, can we now please get a pic of Buzz without his armor please, Pugsly? :sweet:

Thanks for the review Puglsy! :thumbup:

TLG really managed to make this set look like the "real one" from the movie. Good job with that, but it also means I'm not going to buy it - I don't like the Toy Story movies and the pieces in this set are nothing I'm looking for.

Hey that piece is new!Old frying pan had only 2 "rings",but the new have 3!

No, it's exactly the same piece (but in new colour). I just checked with my frying pans (both the black and the pearl gray) and they look just the same.

Thanks for the review, this looks to be quite a good set. However I'm not sold on it, as much as I want a Buzz and Woody the parts don't seem overly generous to me. Still, I'll make up my mind when they arrive.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Thanks for the review.

Wondering about the mdstone technic piece thats in the middle of the chassis, seems like its not doing anything?

If I had to guess, assuming no special action feature, its there so little kids dont have to count holes in the technic beams when assembling (just plug up the holes with that other part so they can't make mistakes later in the build process).

Thanks for the review.

Wondering about the mdstone technic piece thats in the middle of the chassis, seems like its not doing anything?

If I had to guess, assuming no special action feature, its there so little kids dont have to count holes in the technic beams when assembling (just plug up the holes with that other part so they can't make mistakes later in the build process).

Yep, that bit does absolutely nothing. Confused me too, when I was building it. You might be right, but it seems odd for TLG to help out with this section when the same scenario crops up so often elsewhere (in other sets) and is never insured against. The diagrams are very clear, and the build is very straightforward. I figure they probably wouldn't have used Technic parts at all if they thought it was a worry.

This is probably the only Toy Story set I will get. I'm pretty young (13 years) so when I was aound 5, Toy Story was the most awesome movie ever. I had this little toy car that looked just like the one in this set, so I pretty much have to get this.

Wow, that looks really great! Much better looking than the images on the box.

I think this will be the next Lego set I buy, that will make it my 3rd Toy Story set! :)

Wow, that looks really great! Much better looking than the images on the box.

I think this will be the next Lego set I buy, that will make it my 3rd Toy Story set! :)

This really does look great! Piece for piece the price is pretty bad, but this is definitely a must-have! This will be my first (and possibly only) Lego Toy Story purchase from the first batch of sets!

I have changed my mind a little bit about this set.

This is one of the TS sets I really would buy (second one would be the soldiers and probably a few as well).

It is so classic with the car, and both Buzz and Woody and the big one!

Must love that there is no stickers in this set as well!

So I did buy it a little while ago but forgot to come back and mention what I thought:

Another great set from one of our favourite designers Nic Groves, thanks Nic!!!

As Woody and Buzz come in a few sets I don't really want to comment on those. I think that RC is really cool, looks just like in the movie and thanks goodness for printed pieces. :wub: The pull back motor adds some really great playability! I really love the rocket too (more printing :wub: ) This is a fun little set, that is best kept as it is I think. As Etzel mention it is not worth getting for just the pieces, but I got it for my daughter and she loves it and I think that is just great! Well worth the few dollars I spend to see a smile on her face.