Forresto

Doctor Who

*New update 5/31/10:11th Doctor, Dalek Saucer, New Daleks*

I've been a huge doctor who fan for the last four years now. I've watched mainly the new series that came on in the 2000's but have occasionally watched some of the older episodes. To me Doctor who is pretty awesome and very much like Hitchiker's guide which is very zany and does'nt make hummanity the center of the universe. It's has a lot of science to it and yet is pretty easy to understand and is fun to watch. After watching the show I never put two and two together until one day and it hit me. Why don't I put two things that I love together, Lego and Doctor Who. Eventually after many bricks and sculpting I come to you now with my first wave of Doctor Who minifigures. For each one I will provide a Link below it, to DoctorWhowiki on that character/species.

New Updates

5/31/10-------------

You can see these on page 2 with more pictures!

11th Doctor

d113.jpg

"Geronimoooooo!"

Brickshelf

wikipedia

Daleks "The New Paradigm"

pd4.jpg

"The Earth will die screaming!"

Brickshelf

wikipedia

Dalek Saucer 'mini'

The mighty ships of the Dalek Empire's armada.

ds4.jpg

Brickshelf

wikipedia

Archives

4/28/10-------------

Classic Cybermen

A race of cybernetic beings from Earth's twin planet Mondas. Originally a humanoid species like us, they eventually started "upgrading" themselves into superior cyborgs. They created their own cyber empire, not to be mistaken for the ones from "pete's" world

cm3.jpg

"Cybermen do not subscribe to any theory of morality."-Cyberleader

Brickshelf

wikipedia

This one was made by request of Lightning tiger :classic:

4/11/10-------------

Daleks Mk2

My second edition of the iconic aliens.

d1.jpg

Brickshelf

wikipedia

Captain Jack Harkness

The good ole' "captain"/con-man/time agent/Torchwood agent from the 51st century.

j1.jpg

Brickshelf

wikipedia

Rose Tyler

The 9th doctor's first companion and the 10th's love, she got sucked into Pete's world during a battle with the Daleks.

r1.jpg

Brickshelf

wikipedia

Sarah Jane Smith

She first met up as a reporter with the 3rd doctor, then with the 4th doctor when he regenerated. She eventually stayed on Earth investigating strange happenings and cases of UFOs with her son and a couple of other kids.

sj1.jpg

Brickshelf

wikipedia

Sontarans

A warior race of clones from the planet Sontar. They have fought the doctor numerous times and among the Daleks, Cyberman, and the Master are one of the enemies the doctor's fought the most.

sn1.jpg

Brickshelf

wikipedia

12/9/09--------------

The Daleks Mk1

The most iconic aliens from doctor who are the Daleks. For those who don't know the show the Daleks are a race of xenophobic, cybernetic creatures incased in metal battle machines. The actual Daleks are squid like but the outside battle machine is what you mostly see of them. This is my first version and I actually designed several more.

dmk1.jpg

"EX-TER-MI-NATE!"

Brickshelf

wikipedia

The Ood

The Ood are a race conquered and used as slaves by the Third Great and Bountiful Human Empire. I used sculpy to make the head.

o1.jpg

"May I help you sir?"

Brickshelf

wikipedia

Raxacoricofallapatorians AKA "The Slitheen"

The Raxacoricofallapatorians are a scavenger species from the planet Raxacoricofallapatorius. Like the Ood I made the Slitheen with sculpey

s1.jpg

Brickshelf

wikipedia

Thank you for viewing and all comments are welcome.

Edited by Forresto

Okay, I like the doctor, but which one is he ? :classic:

Now the Daleks, look great except one important thing - proportion ! :sceptic:

They are too small up against the doctor. :sceptic::sceptic:

The other charaters, er they're okay, but they are not really my cup of tea.

Anyway keep up the good work, 'Forresto'.

'Yes, Master' - K9

I really like your Daleks. :thumbup:

Although they seem to be on the small side if you compare them to the doctor.

the Inventor

I really like your Daleks. :thumbup:

Although they seem to be on the small side if you compare them to the doctor.

Actually I like them for that same reason - they seem to be the most in-scale Daleks I've seen in a while!

Um, if we're talking about scale, the Dalek with the Doctor, is a little too big! :tongue: The Daleks are only about 5 foot 6/7 inches tall!

Cheers,

M.

Um, if we're talking about scale, the Dalek with the Doctor, is a little too big! :tongue: The Daleks are only about 5 foot 6/7 inches tall!

Cheers,

M.

Yeah, I'd say the Daleks are just about the right size. They are shorter than humans, and I remember that the Doctor and his companions were able to push them around or even knock them over when they were malfunctioning.

These are the best brick built Daleks I have seen! Congrats on that :) . The scale is almost perfect and there's some good details packed into it (Like the cheese slopes) :classic:

I'd like to add my "vote" for "Best Daleks" I have yet seen. There have been several versions posted here and other places but yours are the best proportioned and detailed so far.

As I side note from all the comments about the Daleks (which are true), I love your Ood. The sculpey (or prefferred media) was used really nicely, especially the red tendrils. I also think the use of a white stud is ideal for the translator orb. The only criticisms I can really offer are that the head is slightly leaning to the left of the photo and real Ood eyes are slightly more like slits than round eyes. Although the slitheen isn't quite as good, I still love it because in fact I knew exactly what it was instantly and it made me lol :grin:

Edited by The Rancor

@lightningtiger: I understand your feelings and besides the propotion detail with the Daleks I agree with you. I do have another version of the Daleks like I said so i'll post those next wave. The problem with the Daleks are that when building them it can be hard to get the right shape, so i'll try working on that.

@Hewkii9, Sonic Screwdriver, and the Inventor: Thank you! My main goal with the Daleks was to get the right hieght.

@ImperialScouts, Commander Laquiet, Milan, Tedbeard, and Internets: thank you so much i'm very flattered. I'm sure someone will come up with a better one then mine and there have been some really good ones out their too. Commander Laquiet I will deffinantly have to do the Weeping Angels since it's also one of my fav episodes :wink: .

@Rancor: Thank you I am pretty happy on how the ood came out. It's a little big on the minifigure and a little mishapen but when it comes down to sculpey I think it came out pretty good. The Slitheen did come out pretty too now that you mention it :laugh: . What happened was that it got distorted a little when I put it in the oven but a part of the problem was that I designed it to be like Chewie's head. When it comes to sculpey you got to be careful.

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions!

The next wave probably will come out in one to two weeks. I'm a little sick right now so I won't really be doing much with Legos right now.

I like your aliens, but your Daleks are superb! Easily the best Daleks I've seen, and I was very happy with mine. However I don't like the cheese slopes at the front, I think there should be the little domes there as well. Here's how I did mine:

daleks8.jpg

You've certainly beaten me out of the park, but I would like to see those domes at the front too.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Dalek V3

This is my third vesion of my dalek. The second version was pretty terrible and I really consider that a gateway model between this version and the original.

dalek_1.jpg

dalek_2.jpgSorry for my bith commander being in there but I had to get a minifig in there for size scale. It's roughly the same size as the original.

dalek_3.jpg The good 'ole assualt Dalek. However I always wondered how the heck do they see or for that matter do they do anything besides shooting things? :tongue:

Link

The companions (at least three of them :wink: )

rjs_1.jpg Rose Tyler

rjs_2.jpg Captain Jack

rjs_3.jpg Sarah Jane Smith

Link

Sontaran

The cloned warlike people from the planet Sontar.

s_1.jpg

Link

I hope you enjoyed this wave! Comments and constructive criticisms are welcome!

COOL Dalek V3 and great minifigs 'Forresto' !

How about some Cybermen eh ?

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Cybermen, hmmm. That would be ifficult but i'm up for the challenge. Now what kind should I do classic or cybus cyberman :wink:

Classic Cybermen

A race of cybernetic beings from Earth's twin planet Mondas. Originally a humanoid species like us, they eventually started "upgrading" themselves into superior cyborgs. They created their own cyber empire, not to be mistaken for the ones from "pete's" world

cm2.jpg "Cybermen do not subscribe to any theory of morality."-Cyberleader

This one was made by request of Lightning tiger :classic:

Not bad at all 'Forresto' :grin: - they are very oddly trimmed particular the head, but you have done a great job customising this baddie from way back in the early days of the series.

Excellent work, can't wait to see some more 'Forresto' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Yes, more proof that the Death Eater face works great for Cybermen!

Will you be tackling a Sea Devil next?

Ive never watched doctor who but these customs really make me want to.

Very nice job Forresto on the customs! :thumbup:

LegoGalactus

Loving your version of the 11th Doctor. The torso is spot on. Not convinced about the face or hair though. I'd say a better fit for the hair may be the hair piece from the new skater collectible minifig.

Great to see some Doctor Who Lego, as its one of my favourite shows currently.

@LegoGalactus: Well i'm glad you enjoyed them. Doctor Who by the way is a great show, which you should deffinantly enjoy if you like sci-fi. I was a big trekkie and I still am but this show comes close to Star Trek as my favorite sci-fi show. It's also a very easy show to get in to without knowing all the details, however I would suggest that you watch a couple episodes before judging it.

@KurttKrueger:Yes I am proud of my 11th doctor as it's the only doctor i've been able to do pretty well. I love Matt Smith as the doctor but I will admit that it was hard to find the right head choice that looked good. I decided ultimatly that Anakain's head plus Mutt's hair was a good combo. I think the skater's hair might be too long but if I get a hold of that piece i'll try it out.

Thanks for the comments people! :classic:

I LOVE doctor who, to bad David Tennant was replaced by Matt Smith :cry_sad: But series 5 Finale was really good, "Big Bang" had to be the best episode of series 5. The ood was done really good, I love the Dalek MK1 very detailed, the sontarion was hard to tell at first but he was very well sculpted, the cyberman loooks really cool. It would be cool if BBC had a contract with LEGO so they would make DW Lego's. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! *huh* Great work, David Tennant forever!