legomilk

Lego Games 2010

Okay, now we have the first pics (thanks Legomilk for that!).

Nothing I'm really overwhelmed about.

Not as bad as I expected, but still small games without anything uncommon.

BESIDES the microfigs! They all look great. :wub:

and the giant pirate cap on the microfig is hilarious. :laugh:

Some good new ideas coming in with these LEGO games. I've never actually played any of the current series of these LEGO games but I'm sure the rules fit well with the themes.

Shave a Sheep looks hilarious! :laugh:

It's great that Lego are making their own unique games, and not doing lame "covers" that don't have anything special about them, like the dominoes and ludo (?) sets. And they're all so adorable! :cry_happy:

Anyone know if the Monster game is coming to the States?

I think in 2011,

Anyway, I can't wait till 2010! These games look great, I can't wait to get Shave a Sheep! I don't like the look of Magma Monster though :cry_sad:

Wow, these Lego games are getting better and better. :thumbup:

The sheep one had me laughing for ages. :laugh:

I think the pirate one is the best though, look at the captains hat. :wub:

Thanks for posting the pics Legomilk!

CommanderFox

Baby Pirates!!! :grin:

:laugh:

Anyway, here are the descriptions from the German 2010 catalog, translated by yours truly:

3845 Shave a Sheep

Collect wool quickly! And watch it well, because your opponents will try to steal it. But don't forget to watch out for the bad wolf because he will do anything to scare your sheep. A quick, funny, and unforeseeable game for 2 to 4 players.

3846 UFO Attack

The race for valuable resources from space has begun! Load as much as you can onto your rocket and bring it back to Earth! But watch out for the UFO. You never know if it supports you in your mission. An action-packed game that's "out of this world" for 2-4 players.

3847 Magma Monster

Treasure hunters wanted! Cross the liquid lava stream as quickly as possible, defeat the monster, and get the treasure. Use the fire wall and monster to block your opponents. But beware! If the bats attack, you will only be able to proceed slowly. An exciting game with surprise twists for 2-4 small and big adventurers.

3848 Pirate Plank

Thieves on board! Because they attempted to steal their captain's treasure, the pirates have to walk the plank. In order not to fall into the water, it is advisable to walk slowly. Who will be the last to stay on his plank and let back onto the ship? A fun game of elimination where the quickest isn't the winner for once.

That's definantly Harry Potter because it looks like Draco and Harry are the two minifigures on the box, and they're wearing the first year uniforms. That makes me really excited. I t also looks like the largest Lego game so far, because it looks massive.

Four of the newer LEGO Games are now out in the UK and possibly some other countries:

3845 Shave a Sheep

3846 UFO Attack

3847 Magma Monster

3848 Pirate Plank

(change the country to UK to see the GBP prices and number of pieces)

And the instructions for the sets:

Shave a Sheep

UFO Attack

Magma Monster

Pirate Plank

Brickset also has links to the rules for Pirate Plank and Magma Monster.

Also, five of the older games are out now in the US. :sweet:

EDIT: And there's a Dice Quest game on the UK's LEGO Games site. Enjoy!

EDIT: The game turns out to be pointless. All you get is a badge for the LEGO Network thing. Also, if you can't find the pieces, they show the location of them in about 30 seconds. :sceptic:

Edited by ILikePi

2009 games are now in Italian shops too, just like the catalogue said. No sightings of the 2010 games, and the official italian site still isn't.

Also, if you can't find the pieces, they show the location of them in about 30 seconds. :sceptic:

All right, so I wasn't that dumb.

Hey that 3847 Magma Monster game has a few nice house-building parts! Oh well, it's probably cheaper on BrickLink.

Hmm... what could I do with an orange base plate? (here we go again!) :grin:

This is actually old news, but I thought we should have this info in the right place. Upcoming games include:

3849 Orient Bazaar

5b8169cba6e4.jpg

3850 Meteor Strike

333bdf3d8c9f.jpg

3851 Hunt For Atlantis

4d1c42dd554d.jpg

3862 Hogwart's Challenge

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4028/435773...571d446f2_b.jpg

Perhaps this could be put into the first post along with pics of the other games?

Also, is this the right forum for this topic?

Edited by Svelte
Prelim & confidential image removed

Seeing as these games are great part packs, yes, a Toy Story game would be amazing! :sweet: Perhaps some kind of Star Command VS. Zurg game with lots of Zurg tiles and new Star Command tiles! Or a board game with micro figs of all the TS characters! :laugh:

Either way, I'd buy it for sure.

And of course, any Star Wars themed board game would be welcome as well! :yoda:

We're still waiting for that minifig-scale SW chess game, Lego! :vader: (By minifig-scale, I mean like the Castle ones with minifigs, not actual minifig scale of course :tongue: )

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

IMG_38623.jpg

Are those 2x2 corner tile pieces new? (Games aren't available here so I have no idea.)

Seeing as these games are great part packs, yes, a Toy Story game would be amazing! :sweet: Perhaps some kind of Star Command VS. Zurg game with lots of Zurg tiles and new Star Command tiles! Or a board game with micro figs of all the TS characters! :laugh:

Either way, I'd buy it for sure.

And of course, any Star Wars themed board game would be welcome as well! :yoda:

We're still waiting for that minifig-scale SW chess game, Lego! :vader: (By minifig-scale, I mean like the Castle ones with minifigs, not actual minifig scale of course :tongue: )

I doubt LEGO has a license to produce a Star Wars chess set.

Official photos of 3849, 3850 are found as well in lego.com cache.

3849 Orient Bazaar

3849-1.jpg

3849-box.jpg

3850 Meteor Strike

3850-1.jpg

3850-2.jpg

3850-3.jpg

3850-box.jpg

Edited by whung

Official photos of 3849, 3850 are found as well in lego.com cache.

3849 Orient Bazaar

3849-1.jpg

I might have to get this set for those new perfume pieces. :thumbup:

Thanks for the pictures whung!

LegoGalactus

Thanks for the pics, Cobra & whung!

Are those 2x2 corner tile pieces new? (Games aren't available here so I have no idea.)

Indeed they are! Good spotting! These could come in handy.

I doubt LEGO has a license to produce a Star Wars chess set.

Why do you need a license to make a chess set? :wacko:

I might have to get this set for those new perfume pieces. :thumbup:

Thanks for the pictures whung!

Yeah, that Orient Bazaar is a great parts pack! I just wish they would have used the new half arch instead of the old round ones. I also wish they would have released this during PoP month so that we could have used those parts in our contest entries. It would have so easy making a perfume market stall with the parts from this set! :grin:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi