[bUMP]

Thomas Eckert (ThomasLegoBrasil) just posted this

of his interpretation of the Lego Technic Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 model made by Paul Boratko (Crowkillers). On MOCpages, Thomas Eckert posted 27 pictures and wrote:

"This one I copied some parts from the "Crowkillers" model, [but] it is different. I changed the chassis, the rear (I don´t like the original rear), some parts of the front (my model opens the hood), the inside, the doors, the headlights, the lateral, the motor...ultimately, it´s another model, I just used the body work...It is 4WD, V10 engine, steering...."

1321402963m_DISPLAY.jpg13230122421_DISPLAY.jpg

This is the same guy who claimed this model was his own for quite some time and then due to numerous people calling him out on his claims, he finally admitted that he was using Paul's design as a basis, but most of the work was his own. It looked to me like he just used whatever pieces were available to him.

Nowhere near as good as the original. :wink:

BGL1.JPG.w560h308.jpg

After watching the video it is very apparent that most of the chassis build came from Paul's instructions as well. I don't understand how people can take someone's design, build it the best they can with whatever parts they have and then say that it has been changed enough to call it their own.

HERE is a link to the original thread about this Lamborghini Copy.

Paul´s lamborghini is perfect, is posible to do another one using other techniques but always will look Paul´s design. The only thing that you can do is to use other escale or car :laugh: , so I think that someone who can build a good car will not choose either a Gallardo or a Murcielago... I am trying to do a big car and the Veyron and the 911 were obviously discarted :laugh: , R8 is the answer... I´m trying to say that if you build a 8448 with other techniques always look like the real one, costs more work to show that is different that to build another model. Too much english for me I hope you understand :blush: .

Paul´s lamborghini is perfect, is posible to do another one using other techniques but always will look Paul´s design. The only thing that you can do is to use other escale or car :laugh: , so I think that someone who can build a good car will not choose either a Gallardo or a Murcielago... I am trying to do a big car and the Veyron and the 911 were obviously discarted :laugh: , R8 is the answer... I´m trying to say that if you build a 8448 with other techniques always look like the real one, costs more work to show that is different that to build another model. Too much english for me I hope you understand :blush: .

Sorry, the R8 has already been done very well also (twice). So has the Zonda. Other modern supercars like the Porsche Carrera GT and the Mercedes SLS are covered. Ford GT? Done. Shelby Cobra? Done. Muscle cars? The Mustang, Camaro, and Charger are already done. You'll have to think of something even more obscure if you really want to do something new. How about a Lancia Stratos or a Reliant Robin? How about an AMC Javelin?

Sorry, the R8 has already been done very well also (twice). So has the Zonda. Other modern supercars like the Porsche Carrera GT and the Mercedes SLS are covered. Ford GT? Done. Shelby Cobra? Done. Muscle cars? The Mustang, Camaro, and Charger are already done. You'll have to think of something even more obscure if you really want to do something new. How about a Lancia Stratos or a Reliant Robin? How about an AMC Javelin?

I´m sorry you forgotten my unfinished R8... tree R8 but not the same...

dscn4412w.jpg

19x30x73 studs much much bigger than those R8, like 20 or 15 studs longer... 6+r sequential gearbox, clutch, suspension, spoiler retractil, caster angle, fallen angle, handbrake, brakes in all wheels, all RC and some more secrets things...

I´m sorry you forgotten my unfinished R8... tree R8 but not the same...

19x30x73 studs much much bigger than those R8, like 20 or 15 studs longer... 6+r sequential gearbox, clutch, suspension, spoiler retractil, caster angle, fallen angle, handbrake, brakes in all wheels, all RC and some more secrets things...

I didn't forget about it, I just couldn't remember where to find it. I knew there was another great R8 out there that I had seen! This one certainly belongs on the list of great MOC supercars.

jorgeopesi, your R8 is fantastic!(I think I already told you in your thread about it)...

Just because someone does a model and it becomes somewhat popular doesn't mean that it couldn't be done again in some other form... Tyler Reid is a very very good car builder and he did a Murcielago long before I had even thought about doing one myself... It just happened to work out for me that the new styled updated elements were out and I had a TON of yellow parts, so I decided to try my hand at the same model car, but build it completely different so that it looked close to what I was trying to achieve, but also didn't share anything with Tyler's design...

As far as this Gallardo that I did, I feel that it was a good model, but I am sure there are guys out there that could have done it much better if they chose to do so...

My only gripe that I have when people build or rebuild anything that I did is when they claim that they improved it... If the base design wasn't there in the first place, there would be nothing for you to improve...

I have a side project that I have been working on for a friend in Spain and it is a Porsche 997 GT3 and I can guarantee that it will not look like one that anyone else has built, because I am not using anyone else's model for a reference.

You are right :thumbup: , I only say that I will not build a car if there is another one that is perfect for me, Gallardo for example. The only thing I would do with the Gallardo would do it rc or putting a gearbox only for the challenge of working in confined spaces :sweet: . I want to finish mine and work on the same scale as you, this size uses too much bricks, is very tired and not very playable, the good thing is to think too much. I can not wait to see that porsche ... :laugh:.

My only gripe that I have when people build or rebuild anything that I did is when they claim that they improved it... If the base design wasn't there in the first place, there would be nothing for you to improve...

I have a side project that I have been working on for a friend in Spain and it is a Porsche 997 GT3 and I can guarantee that it will not look like one that anyone else has built, because I am not using anyone else's model for a reference.

Thanks for the reply Paul! Funny this thread is so old and this was your first response to it. :classic: You are a very humble builder indeed. I can also see your point about some people claiming that they improved another builder's design that was already in place for them to experiment with. I have seen quite a few comments like that over at the MOC pages. People claiming that they made someone's model look better, when in fact it is quite the opposite.

Are you planning on posting up more instruction steps for your Vampire GT chassis? I have the rear section completed, but I now see that the pics have been deleted, did you change something or are you in the process of working on more? This is one model that I am really looking forward to completing. Thanks for the great work and inspiration! Also looking forward to seeing this Porsche.

I replaced the red on yellow pieces. Some adjustments had to be made, because some parts are not manufactured in yellow, hope you enjoy.

SAM_1375.JPG

SAM_1373.JPG