Sign in to follow this  
DNL

Slot Weijenaard

A magnificent creation DNL. :oh3::thumbup:

I really like that you have built your castle almost entirely out of brown bricks,

so that it looks like it is made out clay bricks.

Your castle has a nice entrance, with a great bridge. :thumbup:

Good luck in the contest at CC!

the Inventor

Edited by the Inventor

Hi DNL,

beautyfull castle. :thumbup: Interesting color scheme. Great use of dark red, dark rown, rown and brown.

Some parts have the illusion of being repared later by using larger areas of dark red, but I guess that was done on purpose.

Also a really great idea for the glass windows. A really original find I must say. :classic:

Hope you don't mind if I copy that somewhere in the future.

Kind regards,

Johan

As others have said: I really like the color scheme. The green shutters look really good as well. And a good choice to use tan for the bridge (brown would have blended in too much with the walls).

An amazing piece of work, I didn't know brown/frown would work so well for a castle.

Great shape, also great detailing with stuff like the pickaxes and landscaping.

Amazing MOC DNL :wub:

I really like the colours you used. :thumbup:

Also I really like the design of it. :wub:

Really well done with this!

CommanderFox

While brown might not looks as good as grey when it comes to castles, I think it works surprisingly well. The structure itself is great, with good angles and spacing. I like the dark red placements, and the green shutters contrast well with the brown. The tan bridge also looks neat.

Thanks for the comments :classic:

beautyfull castle. Interesting color scheme. Great use of dark red, dark rown, rown and brown.

Some parts have the illusion of being repared later by using larger areas of dark red, but I guess that was done on purpose.

Also a really great idea for the glass windows. A really original find I must say.

Hope you don't mind if I copy that somewhere in the future.

Yes, that was intentional. Feel free to use the glass windows, make sure you attach the trans-clear pieces to a black plate, otherwise it won't look like like small glass windows this much.

While brown might not looks as good as grey when it comes to castles, I think it works surprisingly well. The structure itself is great, with good angles and spacing. I like the dark red placements, and the green shutters contrast well with the brown. The tan bridge also looks neat.

I first used brown as clay-fired bricks in a dutch canalhouse, and i thought it looked very dutch, those old brickss often look more brown than red.

I have uploaded more pictures to my brickshelf gallery (link in the first post).

I really like the look of this castle and many great details as well.

However, if someone would have told me he/she was building a brown castle I would have frown a bit.

But as Sir Dillon said, it really works :thumbup:

By the way, your link in your signature just leads to Bricklink.com and not to your gallery :wink:

1st the BF Fortress from Kris Kelven and now the beauty from DNL?

OMG, overload........ Such amazing creations, so far from the norm!

Daniel, the colors are perfect, I would never be so bold to try them.

BRAVO

By the way, your link in your signature just leads to Bricklink.com and not to your gallery :wink:

Thanks for telling me, i didn't know that :blush:

1st the BF Fortress from Kris Kelven and now the beauty from DNL?

OMG, overload........ Such amazing creations, so far from the norm!

Daniel, the colors are perfect, I would never be so bold to try them.

BRAVO

Thanks!

Really great work! :thumbup: A lot of nice things here, like the 'trapgevels', the 'wooden parts' on the wall and just the overall look of it.

Are you going to show this somewhere on a Lego-event? It's certainly worth it!

Lots of Dutch people commenting in the beginning. :tongue:

I really see the Dutch building style in here, the bricks look great. I was planning once to build a brick castle with brown bricks, but was afraid it would look like wood. Now I see it's really nice.

The tan bridge is also neat, good choice of colours instead of more brown. :thumbup:

Great creation again DNL! :sweet: