gambort

Western Train Scenery - With Instructions

traintech1.jpg

Hi all,

Last year I worked on a Western Train along with instructions (and on EB). It was a project as a Christmas gift to the LEGO train community. This year my plan is to add accessories to the train so that a bit more of a train set can be created.

I make these models on the fly so I don't know how many or what I will create but I've started with some trees. Please feel free to make suggestions but remember I'm not your beech.

4165676776_f8d2e7de42.jpg

I'll keep the links from here to a minimum as they have a habit of changing but follow flickr to get the instructions.

Tim

PS. To the moderators: these are accessories for trains and refer to a project for train builders but might be better off in another forum. Please move it if you feel I've put it in the right place.

Edited by TheBrickster

Nice. its as great as ever and as scenery is not my strong point this could be quite useful.

The cactus (imho) looks a bit of a funny colour or is it supposed to be like that?

Cheers :pir-laugh: cb :pir-wink:

Nice. its as great as ever and as scenery is not my strong point this could be quite useful.

The cactus (imho) looks a bit of a funny colour or is it supposed to be like that?

Cheers :pir-laugh: cb :pir-wink:

The cactus is sand green which is a great colour for a cactus but not so great in the instructions for some reason. It's easily built in green.

Tim

Thanks for sharing these!

I'm a plant-fanatic so it's lovely to have detailed instructions for some very original techniques! :classic:

The cactus is really good! :thumbup: I'll have to try that some time. Thanks!

These are totally awesome MOCs, gambort! :oh:

I really :wub: them!

They look very realistic and full of details! :oh:

The most I like the awesome brick-built cactus and the lovely platform.

Very, very well done! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

The most I like the awesome brick-built cactus

Klaus-Dieter

Thanks. Just to make it clear that cactus design is very, very old. I'm not sure where I first saw it but Tony Sava used it quite recently. I can make no claims to its invention.

Tim

Thanks for the Xmas present Tim. It's very community minded for you to do this each year.

Thanks for the Xmas present Tim. It's very community minded for you to do this each year.

Not as community minded as you writing this twice ;)

It's fun to take a step back and go for more of a set-like style. Christmas is just an excuse.

Tim

Not as community minded as you writing this twice ;)

Perhaps posting in the middle of the night is not my greatest skill :hmpf_bad: Mod's feel free to delete the duplicate.

SWEET!

Thanks for sharing all of this. I did find the building instructions for the platform, station, and trees but can't seem to find the ones for the train?

Is there a separate link?

Thanks!

Larry

SWEET!

Thanks for sharing all of this. I did find the building instructions for the platform, station, and trees but can't seem to find the ones for the train?

Is there a separate link?

Thanks!

Larry

Just click up a couple of time on Brickshelf. Or follow the link trail in the first post in this thread. Or get them from RAILBRICKS ;)

Tim

What a splendid station. Would look right at home under the Christmas Cactus ;-) The roof support brackets in the corners are an unusual application of angled snot and look great. Maybe repeat two more flanking the dispatch office. Don't forget the water tower.

- BMW

What a splendid station. Would look right at home under the Christmas Cactus ;-) The roof support brackets in the corners are an unusual application of angled snot and look great. Maybe repeat two more flanking the dispatch office. Don't forget the water tower.

- BMW

Thanks Brian,

I agree about the extra support brackets but it would have made the build quite a bit more complicated so I felt it was easier to leave them off. I also originally planned the trackside accessories and then totally forgot them... bummer. Maybe a NY present. Probably won't have time before then :(

Tim