Sign in to follow this  
nintha

A few steampunk mocs.

A speeder bike for my sigfig. It has a gun on front and a propeller in back.

Front.

4164446143_abc6f40315_o.jpg

Back.

4165204068_e6102b3846_o.jpg

My old steampunk speeder with greebles.

Front.

4165204322_5a12a02261_o.jpg

Back.

4164446605_838032d09f_o.jpg

Secret compartment.

4165204452_7c61c364b5_o.jpg

A mecha about the size of a minifigure and has interchangeble hands. The "stearing wheel" is used as a propeller to let it fly. And the Hat is indy's fedora without the sides.

Front.

4165204512_455289c44f_o.jpg

Back.

4165204570_5678d949a5_o.jpg

attachable hands.

4164446787_a77ddbc4ca_o.jpg

Rocket launcher.

4164446829_df2fc32525_o.jpg

I hope you like them comments are welcome.

Edited by nintha

Wow! The updated speeder looks awesome! Great job making it greebly. I wish I had that many bley cheese-graters.

The smaller ones are a bit lacking - the first one is almost as boxy as the speeder was originally, and the captain's wheel isn't that great as a propeller. The second one is great as a space police MOC, but it doesn't say stempunk to me.

The mech is cool-looking, but once again, I wouldn't use the captain's wheel as a propeller. The modded fedora is perfect for it.

Thanks Tereglith for your comment and I will see what I can do about the Propellers.

I also thought that mostly of using brown for more like a rebel group and having the military much more mechanical, if that helps why they're colored that way.

And I don't mind if people criticise my work, because it helps me become a better builder.

I think Tereglith summarised it all up. I like the brown speeder. The captains wheel reminds me of airship propellers off a Studio Ghibli movie.

Nice creations nintha. :thumbup:

The first speeder bike kinda made me laugh but it was a nice design. :thumbup:

The second speeder bike is very cool, but not steampunky to me. I really like it though.

I really like the updated speeder. :wub:

You have so many cheese grills! :wub:

The mecha is very nice, Indy's modded hat looks Great on him. :thumbup:

Nice job with all these!

CommanderFox

Thanks CommanderFox, yes I do have alot of cheese grills :tongue:, If the speeder bike made you laugh then you should have seen the first design :grin: . And I know that the second speeder bike isn't really steampunk and I will update the first post to take it away.

Just to tell you I have no idea what steampunk really is but I do know that you mostly make the mocs out of brown peices and add lots of greebles.

These are some nice creations, but they still need some work. The speeder looks much better now, but I think it still needs some kind of tail fin. The other two look good, but I agree that the steering wheel doesn't work very well as a propeller, especially on the RoboNazi mech. MOCs are like jokes. They're no good if you have to explain them. I would go with a more conventional propeller on the mech, and for the speederbike, try to find a way to attach some blades to the steering wheel. That would make it look more like a propeller.

Just to tell you I have no idea what steampunk really is but I do know that you mostly make the mocs out of brown peices and add lots of greebles.

This is a common mistake. Steampunk isn't just about making things out of brown bricks and greebles, it's about creating vehicles that are powered by steam engines and could exist in an alternate version of the Victorian era. Some research would do you some good next time. :wink:

Good luck with your next MOCs.

Thanks Oky Wan Kenobi, and I am soory for the pose of the RoboNazi mech. And thanks for the help on what steampunk is. And again I will work on the propellers, the blades would be a good idea. I will also read up on steampunk.

Edited by nintha