Skipper 24

Lego Universe Beta

Probably won't send out e-mails for a while. :sadnew: Oh well.

When I applied, I didn't get any email at all (And that was a few months ago!) I guess I won't be one of the testers then. :hmpf_bad:

EDIT: I just got an invite with a code and download!

Edited by Andy_D6

I just got the email, installing the game right now. :grin:

EDIT: is it legal to post a link directly to the download?

Edited by FireHawk302

Aww, well the thing is that there are certain times that you can play it. I was hoping it was 24/7 like other Closed Beta games. Will they have 24/7 server later?

Just got my code; going to try installing it into my Windows XP VM tonight. (I use a Mac, so I run Windows via VMware Fusion.)

Just got my key an hour ago, so hopefully I'll see you guys in there. :laugh:

Edited by Darth Bionics

Pleasantly surprised to see I got a key in my email box this morning Thank you, Lego, I'll be enjoying the game this evening.

I was able to install it into a Windows XP VM last night with no problems. Though, I couldn't sign in yet, as the beta's only playable on Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays, I believe. :)

Still, the 3D ran fairly smoothly on the sign-in screen!

So, I played Universe for about 10 minutes.

I hated it. It's a platform game with horrible graphics and very poor controls. I know it's a beta, and I'll give it another try, but the fact that I wasn't the least bit bothered when I saw the "Connection to server lost" (which boots you out of the game) should tell you something.

Character customization is limited to minifig appearance only. There are no RPG stats or anything (that I could see).

... it's for kids.

Did you expect it to be complex?

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get to nimbus station. IT won't let me go.

It says the launch pads aren't open.

... it's for kids.

The fact that it's for kids doesn't mean it should have bad graphics or horrible user interface. I'm not asking for complexity, really.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get to nimbus station. IT won't let me go.

Did you build a rocket? You need to build a rocket and then put it into a launch pad. Then you get to Nimbus where you get to do a lot of pointless hack and slash.

Just got around to playing this and am currently swearing fluently under my breath as the ***** thing won't let me double jump. AAARRRGGGHH!

The fact that it's for kids doesn't mean it should have bad graphics or horrible user interface. I'm not asking for complexity, really.

Did you build a rocket? You need to build a rocket and then put it into a launch pad. Then you get to Nimbus where you get to do a lot of pointless hack and slash.

I built the rocket. It only lets me goto my home pad.

The other pads are "closed". :(

I made it in as well! I can't make it to nimbus either. Probably, just a bug in the program, it is a beta anyway.

It has alot of bugs, too bad I can't talk about it either. I'd talk about it on some blog for my subscibers. But so far, I'm not impressed with the game, but I suppose it is for kids... :sadnew:

I made it in as well! I can't make it to nimbus either. Probably, just a bug in the program, it is a beta anyway.

I don't think Nimbus is unlocked yet.

The launcher says:

"The battle will soon continue in Nimbus Station!"

Which means.. we're getting access to it soon. :cry_happy::thumbup:

... it's for kids.

I don't think you can go to the nimbus station yet. Sucks, doesn't it? I was hoping to pick a faction. ;-;

Edited by Andy_D6

Beta Update:

According to the patching thing when you load the game, Next thursday, March 18th there will be a new and updated patch for the game. It advises everybody who made custom models in the game to tear them apart to avoid losing bricks. Any custom model that remains will be deleted.

This is what I gleaned from the message. I for one hope that the many problems I reported will be fixed. Also any person who has gotten somewhat far in the game please pm me as I need assistance.

Also since I'm bored today I went screwing around with the help topics and found out that the Closed beta test hours will be increased and the amount of days will be increased.

leg godt,

brickme

Is it possible to change the keys in the beta?

Under options, the 'controls' button doesn't do anything. Having arrows+mouse for movement and space to jump is not that easy.

I got a key! But I have a computer that has Windows 7, when it was meant for something else... It is a crappy computer.

Edited by Dark Ranger