Sign in to follow this  
cusaeng

9v train motor and 9v lights

Hello boys and girls! I'm currently planning a 5 car train moc that I was planning on lighting up with the old light and sound light bricks and supplying power by building the electric plates in to the base plate. I would like to know if any one has any experience using multiple light bricks powered via the train motor and if so did they notice any drop in train power or light brightness?

Hello boys and girls! I'm currently planning a 5 car train moc that I was planning on lighting up with the old light and sound light bricks and supplying power by building the electric plates in to the base plate. I would like to know if any one has any experience using multiple light bricks powered via the train motor and if so did they notice any drop in train power or light brightness?

I've never done multiple lights, but a single light powered off the motor dims or brightens depending on the speed that you have the regulator set at. So, if the train is going somewhat slowly, the light is fairly dim. If you are looking for a lot of light, it may be better to power the lights off from a battery box, so that the lighting stays consistent no matter how fast the train is going.

-Elroy