lgorlando

MOC: 2010 Lego City Hospital CC style

The real modular feature are the rooms I built for this. They can be moved to any level due to a "rail" system on each floor made out of flat tile parts allowing the rooms to slide in and out.

That sounds like a really clever feature... can't wait to see the pics. :wink:

:oh: Again I'm shocked.

Shocked by an absolute brilliant MOC. What an amazing built! :wub:

Primarily I'm amazed about the fact that you used so many "just" white bricks. It works so well and I've got so many white bricks. I never thought it would work out so nice and close to the real thing. Like the others already have said, the modern part of the building fits very well to the old part. A lot of hospitals have "grown" like this. The hospital I'm working in even consists of 3 different ages of architecture. :laugh:

While speaking of my hospital: Our helipad is even placed on the ground in an inner courtyard. That's even more comfort for the pilots than landing on a roof.

It would have been an outstanding building if you just had it build on a 32x32 baseplate. But you had to make it a "multi-MOC" by making it convertible. Again I stand in shock and awe.

Hail to the builder I say! k015.gif

did you all notice the baby? that was a great idea. :thumbup:

Speaking of the baby - the poor one must have a hydrocephalus. :wink:

Maybe this part 85863pb05.jpg would create a better effect?

I hope that TLG's officials will motivate from this for an actual official set.
Fantastic! Best hospital I have ever seen.

Nothing more to say!

Thank you soo much for sharing your A+ MOC. :thumbup: I'm really looking forward to see the interior.

By the way: My avatar is looking for a new job (always sickbay is getting boring) - where can he aply?

Very well done. It looks perfect. It has a feel of a original small hospital that had wings built onto it. Perfectly done. Small details put it over the top. Great job!

This is definitely the greatest hospital MOC i've ever seen. I was waiting for someone to design a spectacular version and you've nailed it. Good job once again!

:classic:

Utterly stunning - congratulations ! It's magnificent !

In fact it's so good that despite the size and the cost of all the parts I'd consider reproducing this if building instructions were available. I suspect however that producing building instructions for this would be a massive job, but we can dream.....!

Well done,

Dr. D.

Amazing. No doubt the best Lego hospital I've ever seen. I love all the details, and the clever markings on the ground are cool too :thumbup:

Wow! *is stunned* This is seriously awesome! The architecture is amazing. I would love a hospital like this. I hope TLG see this and get ideas! *worships*

Really nicely built. Yes i do think we have firestations and police stations coming out our ears and the previous hospital released by lego wasnt the best.

Keep up the good mocs I enjoy looking at other peoples 99% of my lego bricks are on the other side of the world in storage .

WOW....just WOW!! :cry_happy::wub:

That is one Brilliant MOC lgorlando :wub:

There's soooo many Greebles!!! :wub::wub:

I really like the shape of the hospital. :thumbup:

Well done with this!!!

CommanderFox

Amazing! I just wish my real life workplace looked that great. All it needs is a radiology lab :thumbup:

Thanks all for the positive feedback! I'll add links to the interior shots on my original post in the days to come.

Hi lgorlando!

I am glad you have signed up Eurobricks after lurking for a long time, and to know that you have also shared an outstanding piece of beautiful hospital, you have made all Town fans to be in awe of this amazing piece of creation. :thumbup:

I really love the way you took your time to design this hospital by considering various design elements especially making it into some classic architecture related inspirations. If there is ever a modular hospital involved, I think this is a perfect example of how it should ever looked like.

By the way, Hinckley has blogged you inside Classic-Town.net. Furthermore, there are a few of your MOCs featured in the blog as well. Feel free to share your past and future creations with us. :sweet:

This is absolutely incredible. I love the accurate hospital feel you've captured (classical architecture, new wings, etc.). The colors are perfect, as is the texture. Simply astounding. I would buy one, if it were an actual set (and if I had the money)

Amazing! We have a big hospital in our city, with some of buildings 140 years old, built up during the era of Austria-Hungary empire, and your MOC is very close to their architecture. White colour is perfect, and, what I have to forepush - excellent presentation skills. Photos are perfect, text is perfect, blueprinted building plans are fantastic. Thumbs up! :thumbup:

Amazing Hospital, lgorlando.

I really like your mix of architecture and I can see you've put a lot of time in this magnificent creation.

Job, well done! :sweet:

the Inventor

Lgorlando, when were you going to present these here (found the pics on Brickshelf)? They look really good and I can't wait to get a more detailed look how they actually fit inside the building. This picture shows the modules going inside, but it somehow looks a little chaotic.

hospital_modular_facilities.jpg_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rick

OMG !

AWESOME MOC INSERTS !!!

Pure genius, just sheer genius, I just love how this works, if you want to play doctor you can module by module, by removing one then changing back for another is fantastic.

Out of any of the MOC's featured on Eurobricks in any theme this would have be closest to NO. 1 for the year.

The details to every module is AWESOME - I LOVE IT ! :wub: (Gee even my wife would love this one - medical tv show nut she is)

Lgorlando, when were you going to present these here (found the pics on Brickshelf)?

Holy cow!

We want detailed pics of those terrific inserts! :wub:

And you are selling it? :wacko:

PART II of Lego City Hospital: Mercy General

No hospital is complete without a full service medical facility. While there are tons of examples of great building interior for Lego buildings, I didn’t want the interior to be “stationary” but rather it should be “removable” so that it can be “tinkered” with. Thus the final phase of this project concludes with an interior made up of 14 different removable modular vignettes!

4199627658_564e38cddb_o.jpg

These “tray” rooms are built on a plate floor that is fitted so that it will slide easily in and out on tile plates fastened to the interior of the building.

4198873495_07689b6793_o.jpg

They fit quite snug inside the hospital but there is plenty of "wiggle room" and the hospital will shut and open like a carrying case :sweet:!

There were many piece types required to finish each vignette so building this was a bit more complex than I expected, but I had a lot of fun during the process. It was also a challenge choosing which rooms to go into a hospital considering there wasn’t much space for lavish interpretations of surgery or large cafeteria but there was plenty of opportunities to place a well designed room representational of just about anything you would find in a modern hospital.

Here are the rooms:

Emergency Room

4199627930_0d1a3f6cb6.jpg

Radiology with MRI and X Ray

4199627902_7785794e23.jpg

Surgery

4199627886_62cb986f33.jpg

Hospital Rooms

4198873437_d9564903d0.jpg

Orthopedics

4198873431_5c4a06d05c_m.jpg

4199627838_26a5c2eff4_m.jpg

Reception, the Front Lobby

4198873397_17caf533c7.jpg

Nursery

4198873377_4401ae90f7.jpg

Clinic

4198873355_8af4e63751_m.jpg

4199627784_270162149f_m.jpg

Lab

4199627766_7bec2a92b5.jpg

Hospital Administration

4199627762_6a36fd74d9.jpg

Pharmacy

4198873279_e7a2e25eea.jpg

Gift Shop

4198873265_435a9a5f6c_m.jpg

4198873247_670e76dff9_m.jpg

Cafeteria (don't worry, it has a salad bar :wink: )

4199627692_dcbc31d67a.jpg

There are more beds included for module number 14 and 15 (no pictures loaded on these)

Finally, I created a sticker sheet to add to the feeling of a medical facility.

4199627680_d4e8cd41c2.jpg

Overall, a very fun and satisfying project. The interior was more complex than I had planned and if this were a real set the interior would cost roughly 1/3 the hospital (I know now why Lego frowns upon complex interiors in their sets!)

Stats:

-Measures 64 X 32 Studs (96 x 48 studs max when opened)

-5 stories tall (minifig scale)

-Over 2600 pieces for the building (190+ window bricks!)

-Over 1500 pieces for the interior

-16 minifigs (4 nurses, 3 doctors, 2 surgeons, 2 paramedics, 1 maintenance person, 5 patients (mother, father, baby, elderly man, injured policeman)

Hope you folks enjoyed this build but most of all I hope that you are inspired! Keep it MOC'n in 2010 and stay healthy!

See the slide show of the hospital HERE

4198873539_044eeae159_m.jpg

Edited by lgorlando