Sign in to follow this  
Quarryman

Infection - Day 5

But how do you know there are exactly five infected?

Please point out where I said that.

Please point out where I said that.

Well, it was just an assumption, since you said "Five people... I just wanted to point that out.", which to me sounded awfully like you're accusing the five of us of something. I admit that I know nothing about the alliances of the other four on your list, they could very well be infected, but I seriously doubt the infected are so stupid they would gang up on someone.

La'H'Rok promised us he would kill with his knife and we've seen a killer using a hatchet instead. I received reasonably reliable intelligence about who La'H'Rok intended to kill and that kill did not take place. I'm wondering if my love :hmpd: Suze blocked him again. The surveillance footage shows no clues about any murder being blocked... La'H'Rok may be a good vote just in case he is in cahoots with Susan. Other targets include Engofi. It stands to reason that if there is someway for the infected to mess with the scanner, that the scanner has been passed on to another infected person now that poor Barney has been murdered. So checking to see if Engofi is indeed infected would be a good move. I also do not trust Ivan. His correspondence outside of the game is weak and somewhat inconsistent. That's what I think right now.

Agreed. I'm beginning to trust Susan more now, if that means anything, so I think we should vote off Engofi.

Is Ivanova's costume change a clue? :look: Who's a pirate wench here?

No, remember she said that there weren't any clues in the security cameras? But it is curious that she gets to change every day and we don't. :hmpf_bad:

Also, these are the people who voted along with La'H'Rok yesterday against Suze: I Scream Clone, pedro, Ricecracker, JimButcher, Sandy. Five people... Just thought I'd point that out. I say we vote for La'H'Rok today since we know he has been killing at night. There are mixed results at best for killers we've seen in the security footage. If he is indeed infected, I say we take a look at that list of four people who voted along with him.

Sure, go ahead. I've got no problem being investigated, if we have another investigator. Yesterday you said I was trustworthy- what happened to that?

If you choose not to work with me then, good luck suckers!

:sceptic:

If Barney really was the ship's investigator, it really is a shame to lose him, but on the other hand, if we couldn't trust his words anyway, then we might be better off with him not messing with our heads. :sceptic:

What are you talking about? He wasn't completely trustworthy when there was a doubt about his medical status, but all of his intentions were good, since he turned out to be uninfected. What are you trying to say here?

You guys all seem to be so happy throwing insults at each other, that I didnt think I could possibly add any more to the conversation. Also, after coming bacl from my duties on the bridge, I was about to vote, but you'd all gone and the meeting hall door was locked, so I assumed that I'd wait till tomorrow.

Remember, my planet and body clock runs on a different time scale to all of you humans and other assorted aliens, so I'm rather bad at timing. :sadnew:

Yet you had four Earth cycles to vote. I remember in a story with Dragons and Sorcerers, this one guy, Ralf Simmnel, I think, avoided voting almost the whole game, making up excuses like these to get along.

Just a quick note; seeing as Black Rabbit hasn't posted anything in Day 3 or Day 4 I'm giving him until the end of Day 5 to start contributing, if not I'll look for a replacement from the list of reserves.

Yet you had four Earth cycles to vote. I remember in a story with Dragons and Sorcerers, this one guy, Ralf Simmnel, I think, avoided voting almost the whole game, making up excuses like these to get along.

I know the story well. It's in the computer logs. The true hero was the lovely Beatrice. She took out the two magic users by twisting facts. Such a lonely woman. But she was on the evil side...

Speaking about twisting facts, I still really don't trust Antres. Why in the world would she not lock someone who she thought was a infected killer. Either she's stupid, or she's lying. I think you owe us a better explination Susan. It's very possible that you're twisting the facts to throw Rocky in a negative light.

I have decided to vote for Engofi/Eskallon his threats about voting him off make me very suspicious and in line with Barney's somewhat reverse discoveries leads me to believe he is infected.

I have not spoken up, as I had nothing to say. Some of you have been very content to throw suspicions around, leading to mass hysteria and pointing of fingers. I also did not want to vote off any being that I was not absolutely sure was infected. Many of you seem to be hopping on the bandwagon, following whoever votes first.

However, I will be forced to make a decision soon, as the black hole draws ever nearer. The pitiful amount of evidence is nothing to convict anyone firmly; perhaps by killing off one or two of those who are suspected may yield some clues. I am still not ready to vote just now, however. I am uncertain whether to vote for Engineer Engofi- some of the other's suspicions are very tempting. Another choice is La'h'Rok. It is proven that he is at least a killer, and he has proven more of a bane than a boon to us....and yet, he might just be able to save us.

I am casting my vote for La'H'Rok/I Scream Clone before he kills and lies again.

For those of you wondering why Suze didn't block La'H'Rok, it's because she was testing him. He told us & Barney that he would kill DAVE. Suze tells me that she did not block him. She blocked Wicwa who we believe has been out tampering with Barney's security scanner. So as I believe Suze is telling the truth and did not block La'H'Rok, we are seeing him killing Barney on the surveillance footage. I see you used a hatchet, La'H'Rok thanks for keeping your repeated promise not to kill anyone with your knife. :hmpf:

I am casting my vote for La'H'Rok/I Scream Clone before he kills and lies again.

For those of you wondering why Suze didn't block La'H'Rok, it's because she was testing him. He told us & Barney that he would kill DAVE. Suze tells me that she did not block him. She blocked Wicwa who we believe has been out tampering with Barney's security scanner. So as I believe Suze is telling the truth and did not block La'H'Rok, we are seeing him killing Barney on the surveillance footage. I see you used a hatchet, La'H'Rok thanks for keeping your repeated promise not to kill anyone with your knife. :hmpf:

That's ok you can keep lying to the crew members if you and Antares want, they will see through your phony stories once I am voted off or investigated.

I already told you I only use a sacred killing knife for my kills, and I was knocked out last night, you can choose to believe this or concoct your own fabrications. :tongue:

If you really were innocent and I was infected, I would have taken my chance at the two for one supposed kill in killing either you or Antares, sheesh get a clue Security boss man.

So you're saying that you'd rather take a stab in the dark than vote off an someone who you know is infected? :hmpf:
That's a good question, actually, care to elaborate?

I've announced my suspicion in previous days and made it fairly clear. I haven't seen the slightest bit of interest from anyone else, and I can't fight the battle alone, so instead of confusing the current battle more, I'm holding it until I see some outside support.

That's ok you can keep lying to the crew members if you and Antares want, they will see through your phony stories once I am voted off or investigated.

I already told you I only use a sacred killing knife for my kills, and I was knocked out last night, you can choose to believe this or concoct your own fabrications. :tongue:

If you really were innocent and I was infected, I would have taken my chance at the two for one supposed kill in killing either you or Antares, sheesh get a clue Security boss man.

That's why I haven't voted for you at this point, but it could all be an elaborate plot. Leave the two of us alive long enough to keep confusing issues while killing someone else each night, then finish us off for the quick win at the end.

I don't know yet...

Back and forth, back and forth... who to trust, who to vote for...

I have learned the same information. At least both of their stories are straight. What you've presented against Rok in the past few days certainly seems reasonable, and even very likely. But it also seems that Susan is spreading confusion.

I do believe that one of these two is infected, and that person is very likely to be the killer. But rather than taking a risk, I think it would be wise to not let Barney go in vain, and follow his investigation results. If he is insane, Engofi is almost 100% positively infected. And from my past experiences in these games... of life, even if we do convict the infected killer, the job simply gets passed on to the next in line, and so forth.

And I have trusted Rok throughout this predicament, and he's trusted and defended me.

So, after some thinking, I will vote.

Vote: Cheip Engofi/ Eskallon

Did you kill Barney last night Rocky? Before I cast my vote, please explain what you did last night, and more importantly, why you did what you did last night.

I'm taking care of this now before it goes to crazy and I don't want to spread confusion. I'm unvoting La'H'Rok/I Scream Clone and voting Eskallon/Endofi. We need to test the results of the scanner. I've just received word that a new member of the crew has possession of it. God help me that they keep coming to me. :cry_sad: I'd hate to convict La'R'Hok if there is another killer and role blocker out there going undetected. Suze tells us that she blocked someone and argues that we would've seen some block La'R'Hok. Well we didn't see her block Wicwa, so I can only guess what the AI is sending through the surveillance logs. The chances of another role blocker and killer are very high. I shall not change my vote for the rest of this day.

Did you kill Barney last night Rocky? Before I cast my vote, please explain what you did last night, and more importantly, why you did what you did last night.

If you read my last few posts I have stated that in my attempts to kill a non-poster I was knocked out from behind before I could achieve the desired kill. I truly hope we get a good result from Engofi. Think of it this way, people know I am a night killer, so its quite easy for an unknown blocker to constantly block me, unless I am lucky enough to target them during the evening. If per chance the blocker isn't infected, which I doubt, they could contact me and Florentzia as its pretty clear they succeeded in blocking me and know this, and they themselves know that someone still died last night at the hands of the infected killer.

My head hurts, I will be in the reactor room if anyone needs me.

Infected or un-infected you sure are hideously ugly.

We need a conviction today, so let's see if Barney was crazy or not. Trying to keep it simple today...

I VOTE: Engofi/Eskallon.

Khrum goes off to find a club to beat the BLEEP out of the AI computer.

I too concur that we need to evict someone tonight, so I'll go with the flow. The reasons already given are good enough.

Vote: Engofi/Eskallon

From what we know of the events over the last few days, I am fairly confident we are making the right decision with this, and so I will support the vote for Engofi like I mentioned yesterday. After discussing this, it is now time to take action, for otherwise we will learn nothing. We do need a conviction today, and he is looking the most fishy to me. Err, and not just because he's a fish. :grin:

Vote: Engofi (Eskallon)

The scanner moved to someone else? Oh crap, that means we really do have to test it once and for all. As I said when the day started, I see no reasonable alternative to this...

Vote: Engofi / Eskallon

Considering Engofi's attitudes towards us, he doesnt exactly seem like a helpful member of the crew.

What does he do, anyway? Oh... He grows plants? Ah... I see...

Well... In any case, each time we've voted we've never reached the verdict on anyone, and now the AI is threatening us too...

ARE YOU ON OUR SIDE OR WHAT? You're going to die too, soon, if you dont hep us you come with us into the black hole.

What a vitual space harlot.

I dont wish to have an "accident" in the night thank you very much, Ivanova.

Nothing personal, Engofi...

Vote: Engofi / Eskallon

I truly hope we get a good result from Engofi.

Sorry but your'e not gonna get a good result from me and it seems like you are running off far to much. :hmpf_bad:

From what we know of the events over the last few days, I am fairly confident we are making the right decision with this, and so I will support the vote for Engofi like I mentioned yesterday. After discussing this, it is now time to take action, for otherwise we will learn nothing. We do need a conviction today, and he is looking the most fishy to me. Err, and not just because he's a fish. :grin:

Vote: Engofi (Eskallon)

Well then you are way too confident with your accusations and just because Im a fish. You are a pumpkin which is just as tasty.

I see by the security logs that our non-posting crew members; Varax, Niwrad, DAVE and Edna...

Michael! How rude! I've been an active part of this debacle; maybe not so much as some of the others, but some of us have only our wits to rely on here and at times I've been a little more reserved with what I say while I listen. I've been in contact with several of our shipmates throughout, trying to figure out who has been lying to me - to all of us - throughout this. Though it goes against my nature to vote someone to their death, and despite his protestations, I must concur with the groups only course of action and vote: Engofi / Eskallon.

I'll never forgive myself - or any of you - if he's innocent...

Vote count

Engofi Cheipo / Eskallon: 9 (I Scream Clone, JimButcher, Hinckley, Stash2Sixx, Sandy, Dragonator, Shadows, Inertia, pedro)

Non-voters: 6 (Black Rabbit, Darth_Legois, Eskallon, Ricecracker, Mr. Mandalorian, zepher)

As 8 votes were needed to convict, Engofi Cheipo has been convicted and will be thrown out an airlock shortly.

ending01.jpg

As soon as Engofi Cheipo had been thrown out an airlock she started drifting away from the ship.

ending02.jpg

..but drifting further and further away from the ship not much happened with Engofi Cheipo.

Finally her head burst open, but no parasitic aliens crawled out, clearly she was not-infected.

It is now Night, those with night actions have 48 hours to send them to me in a PM or they won't be counted. The sooner I receive the night actions the sooner I can prepare Day 6, thank you.

(sorry, only two pics this time too, taking greenscreen-pics with that fishbowl was a serious pain in the megablocks :tongue:)