Sign in to follow this  
Carbohydrates

Any musicians in here?

Hey! I've been involved with music for a majority of my life. In middle school, I started learning to play the clarinet in the school band as well as the steel drums as an extra-curricular sort of thing. By junior high, I'd moved from the clarinet to the alto and then tenor saxophone, switching to the jazz band. In high school, I switched to the guitar and haven't gone back since. I do wish I hadn't forgotten all that jazz theory I used to know, though.

I play around with a few genres, but most of my original music comes out as a kind of folksy-indie sound. I have an affinity for surf, rock, and blues, though. My most recent band was a grunge/hard rock band called Screaming Life. Here are a couple photos from a show at Studio 7 in Seattle:

1of1-728.jpg

1of1-711.jpg

And here are my main stage guitars:

Gibson Chambered 58 Reissue Les Paul

090602_001.jpg

1969 Gibson SG Special

69spl014.jpg

1961 Gibson Les Paul Junior

60JR_002.jpg

So, tell me about yourself! What do you play, how long have you been doing it?

I'm the lead singer in a garage band here in Arkansas called Awkward Moment. We don't do many gigs yet, but we're working on it!

Working on a band, We have a drummer, guitarist, and me, the screamer, but we still require the base and a girl screamer. If you coudn't tell, it will be a metal/screamo band.

I don't play any instruments really, just scream. The thing people don't understand about screameing though, is that it's actually really hard to sing in a screeched tone, and takes just as much skill as any other type of singing.

I used to sing in a band, and I wrote the lyrics too, though we more often than not played covers.

We were mainly a punk/emo band, but a lot of my lyrics gave us some Horror-Punk elements too.

Since most of my friends left to go to Uni, we of course split up, though we want to play together again when they we're all off at once,so I suppose we're technically on hiatus.

Great thread!

Will/rocketbilly

Working on a band, We have a drummer, guitarist, and me, the screamer, but we still require the base and a girl screamer. If you coudn't tell, it will be a metal/screamo band.

I don't play any instruments really, just scream. The thing people don't understand about screameing though, is that it's actually really hard to sing in a screeched tone, and takes just as much skill as any other type of singing.

But it's painful, though. :tongue: Ah well, to each his own.

I play trumpet in the high school wind ensemble.

I played Bass Clarinet in a small group that broke up a few years ago. We weren't anything much. He played for small events and seniors. :tongue:

I play the clarinet in my middle school band and I play the second part of the music, and to clear that up the better clarinet players get first part, which goes into the higher notes and play parts that us second part clarinet players don't. I am the only one who actually plays the music we are given and it is funny when we are start playing and I am the only one who is playing and the other second part clarinet players look at me in a dazed expresion and then catch along :laugh:. I try my best in band but I am really not that good :sadnew: .

I played Alto Sax for two years and am now in my second year of Tenor Sax. Although Band-Rank wise, I'm not that good, I really love to play, and then again our section is really strong anyways. :tongue: I also have been playing classical guitar for nine years and just recorded my first CD with my group. I've also taken a little bit of drums, attempt some piano, and am a decent singer (I've been in a few choirs and countless musicals). Music is definitely one of the stronger of my many talents.

While aspiring to be a Doctor, I am post Grade 8 in Cello, Piano, Singing and Bass Guitar. :laugh: ( trying to sound modest :laugh: ) I took diploma in Cello and Piano, but medicen was more interesting for me at the time.

I love it. :classic:

I used to be in a rock band, but it came to a sad end. :cry_sad:

Edited by The crazy one

You could consider me a musician, I play guitar. Acoustic as of now, but working on getting an Electric. The musical genre I work on and hope to build a Metal Band performing acts by artists such as KoRn, Marilyn Manson, Disturbed, and Slipknot. Until that day, might as well practice my way to the tops :thumbup:

You could consider me a musician, I play guitar. Acoustic as of now, but working on getting an Electric. The musical genre I work on and hope to build a Metal Band performing acts by artists such as KoRn, Marilyn Manson, Disturbed, and Slipknot. Until that day, might as well practice my way to the tops :thumbup:

Good deal, man. I don't follow the newer stuff too much, but I've got a real soft spot for older metal - Ozzy, Deep Purple, that sort of thing. Our old bassist was really big into prog metal like Between the Buried and Me.

Been playing guitar for about 7 years. I own three electric, my favorite being my Ibanez S Prestige 2075FW. I also own a Ohana ukulele, it's really fun to jam on and it's so simple that you can come up with something good in about five minutes!

My main instrument is guitar but I can also play the piano, bass and drums. I'm also a trained live sound and recording engineer, and do a wee bit of freelancing when I get a chance.

I play mainly praise and worship music, but also play in a blues/funk cover band from time to time.

Main gear: 2001 G&L ASAT special, Eventide TimeFactor, Fender Bassman head with Mesa Boogie speaker cabinet. 1970's Ibanez 4-string bass, 1984 Lowden acoustic guitar.

My main instrument is guitar but I can also play the piano, bass and drums. I'm also a trained live sound and recording engineer, and do a wee bit of freelancing when I get a chance.

I play mainly praise and worship music, but also play in a blues/funk cover band from time to time.

Main gear: 2001 G&L ASAT special, Eventide TimeFactor, Fender Bassman head with Mesa Boogie speaker cabinet. 1970's Ibanez 4-string bass, 1984 Lowden acoustic guitar.

Oh my, an ASAT Special through a Bassman must sound amazing. I can just imagine the growly rock/blues tones you could coax out of that. Any pics of the ASAT?

I play drums and violin pretty well. I'm drumming in a band, and I'm lead violin in a little quartet I've got going. We do rock songs but convert them to violin format - sounds great :sweet:

~A.S.

I'm a guitarist and lead singer in one band, and a guitarist and backing singer in another. The first one is mainly punk, while the second is really hard to describe... I even made a Lego video for the punk band. I play a Fender Telecaster, have two of them, love them both. I also love acoustic guitar and bought myself a nice-sounding Fender Sonoran this summer. Sometimes I play soprano saxophone but my skills on this instrument are really really basic. We play gigs from time to time with both bands, we had a 10-gig tour around my country this October/November, and the next 3 gigs that I know of are in January...

sta40840.jpg

dsc06575w.jpg

Wow I'm kind of surprised. I had no idea their was a bunch of musicians on the board. Even a Misfits fan! I wear a Misfits cap.

I played in punk and hardcore punk bands on stage when I was younger in a band called Innocent Youth which was inspired by New York style hardcore punk. Sadly I don't really have any pictures of shows we did. I have a picture where I sang for another band for a short period.

Mohawk_1.jpgSingingforRathole.jpgGrimm-CD_Presses.jpg

I produce now. Soakin up a lot of money in gear. I go by Grimm. It is my real last name. It's electronica and CD just came out a few months ago. I did a photoshoot for it but I think that's enough pics for now. I also go to a lot of shows and get VIP tix, meet a lot of bands. If you add me to myspace you can see more of that or check out my videos on youtube. I have a bunch more I'm editing but I've been lazy to put them up.

I have been working on Lego song. Trying not to make it sound cheesy. I noticed that lots of Lego vids were losing their audio track for ownership rights claim reasons. So I wanted to make one they could use. I don't care if anyone uses my stuff, it helps me when they do it's free promotion.

I've been meaning to make a post about it. It's still in beta version unfinished but here is what I got so far. Feel free to use it for whatever:

Grimm - Lego Maniac v0.81 http://www.snapdrive.net/files/366951/Lego...iac%20v0.81.mp3

I play a few things. I play bass guitar for a band called The Static Megaphones and I used to play for Doomsday Generation. I also play 1st violin in the number 2 orchestra in my Canberra. I stuff around with the acoustic, but nothing really serious. I thought I had some pictures from the Doomsday Generation days, but where they are is beyond me. I'll keep looking though...