kris kelvin

Pictures from Lego Catalog 2010

The Impulse sets are awesome. The Farmer one is great, yay for cheap pigs! The traveler one has printed pants.

Now the blue plane, thank god, that is what LEGO planes should look like! It's a nice mix of the lame new cockpit piece with everything else being brick built.

Loving the farmer impulse set! 2 animals? That's great.

I just noticed the Atlantis Manta impulse. He's black. Or maybe just because it's preliminaries.

Thanks for the hi-res pictures. Not much new (except the City impulse sets) to me content-wise. The fig that comes with the 'Smart' car is a BIG disappointment: how many more of those silly 'beardies' do we need? But did you notice they still sell the 2005 fire truck and fire car in 2010? This is a first in like 20 years that a set has lasted so long (except for baseplates and the like)!

CDC: Not necessarily - these are prelim (possibly different ones from before) and the pig in the impulse for example is clearly a mock-up. The basic top used for the car impulse may be a subst if the new top wasn't ready at the time of the photo.

Yes, it's more likely that these are older pics than the ones on Amazon, which *aren't* marked confidential! I wouldn't be too disheartened about the different fig here. Remember how the Indy Jan releases last year had completely different figs?

Nice pics, I definatly want the small car, the repair truck, the passenger plane, the Octan truck, the traveler impulse, the farmer impulse, both Atlantis impulse sets, the little green truck, the little helicopter and the house.

Yes, it's more likely that these are older pics than the ones on Amazon, which *aren't* marked confidential! I wouldn't be too disheartened about the different fig here.

Good point! Thanks for the reassurance. :wink:

I love the creator house, and will pick up several impulses. Also cant wait for the Toy Story sets to come out. :thumbup:

Very nice clear pics. It's about time we got the really clear ones. Looks like I'll be getting more than Star Wars this yeara.

Nice pics! Although, there are some better pics than those (Star Wars).

Still thanks for posting these :grin:

BTW, where's the Tie Defender?

Some of these sets are really really nice!

The blue plane doesn't have the big <insert that tiresome argument> wings! One more thing I've noticed, I don't know if my eyes deceive me, is that the fuselage's roof is not built with the usual big pieces but with slopes(?) or maybe a hinged construction just like the old (neolithic for some) days.

If this is correct, I'm really curious about it.

The only thing that I don't like on the blue plane is that the tail seems a bit too big for the size of it.

I was not a fan of the <insert that tiresome argument> planes, but after when I got my hands on the Cargo Plane and the big blue passenger plane, I must admit that they look impressive.

The city impulses are also very nice! I'll probably get them all. That's why they are called impulse. Cheap, small, like going to the supermarket for the weekly supplies and say "I'll take a chocolate bar for my way home." :tongue:

The seaplane is my favorite! I also like the tractor with the trailer.

The one set that I'm not buying for sure is the fire helicopter. I own the excellent and probaly best helicopter that TLG has ever released, the Coast Guard helicopter, and the comparison is inevitable.

The blue plane doesn't have the big <insert that tiresome argument> wings! One more thing I've noticed, I don't know if my eyes deceive me, is that the fuselage's roof is not built with the usual big pieces but with slopes(?) or maybe a hinged construction just like the old (neolithic for some) days.

Nicely spotted. Indeed: the top blue line on the plane appears to be constructed from tiles. I guess you'll be able to just take the roof off and that it isn't hinged.

Edited by Rick

Nice pics! Thanks for posting them up!

I'm a huge fan of the impulse and the under $10 sets. Several of the slightly larger sets look great to me too. But the more I look at it, the less I'm interested in the large sets. The two city emergency sets look <insert that tiresome argument>. I'm not interested in the power miners base or the atlantis base. And the toy story line doesn't intrigue me at the moment.

But the small sets are incredible, including the 4 impulse sets, the smart car, the water plane, the cherry picker, the Hoth sets, the toy soldiers, and the small atlantis set (the small PM and SP3 sets I've already acquired). At this point, I'm completely sold on them.

I noticed there's no SP3 in the photo stream. I wonder if the two new SP3 sets will mark the end of the line. Or perhaps there will be more in the second half of 2010.

Thanks for the really clear pictures, now I can see where my money is going in the first half of 2010.

Half the city range and half the Star Wars range.

Must agree with some, what gives with the smart car guy's torso, that's a print usually for a kid's torso, ah well it's Lego again.

My son is going to get lots of piggies for his farm, but isn't the impulse sets comming in June 2010 or is it earlier ?

I think the Toy Story County Jail/Sherrif set is just awesome! My niece will love that one! I'd seen the characters before and I love how they look in this picturesque seen. I'm going to be showing the toy story movies now to get her ready for it :classic:

I guess you'll be able to just take the roof off and that it isn't hinged.

I'm really curious about that. With so many pieces, It has to be a solid and well-connected structure in order to work.

Guys, that's not the figure we're getting. I found a picture of it on Whung's Brickshelf but he must have added something to it becuase it's not public. :sad: I believe the figure has a baseball cap and a new head. He has a cool hoodie torso print. :wub: You'll have to wait until it becomes public or maybe Whung can help :look:

As others have said the pictures from the catalog are older and more preliminary than pictures seen on Amazon and elsewhere. Look on brickset to see a picture of what it will actually look like (including the fig)