Tom Bricks

Special Minifigures- What Do You Want Next?

With the news of the special figs coming out there was also news that there would be 16 more in August. What do you think they will be/ what do you want them to be?

I personally think/want there will be:

1. A pharaoh of some kind (maybe a woman)

2. A Roman soldier :wub:

3. An explorer

4. An Islander

5. Someone from one of those ice themes

Really the possibilities are endless but it's still fun to guess.

I have no idea what will be in the second assortment, but here's a lineup I wouldn't mind seeing:

1)Bishop (1)

2)Boxer

3)Cat Burglar

4)Cavewoman

5)Cheerleader (with different team colors)

6)Circus Strongman

7)Deep Sea Diver (with diving helmet)

8)Elven Warrior (2)

9)Gorilla

10)Life Guard (female)

11)Lumberjack

12)Minstrel (with lute or handheld harp)

13)Musketeer

14)Roman Legionnaire

15)S.W.A.T. Team Member

16)Sherlock Holmes (3)

(1)I know LEGO steers clear of this kind of thing, but this type of limited edition product could be a way for them to slip in the occasional religious themed minifig. As a Castle builder, I'd like to see a monk and nun also. I know, don't hold my breath.

(2)If we can't have Elves in the Castle line then this would be a great way to get them to fans.

(3)If the forestman in the first assortment is actually Robin Hood and LEGO continues to release more waves beyond the first two, then I would like to see each assortment have one literary minifig included. Sherlock Holmes, King Arthur, Zorro, Tarzan, Captain Nemo, etc.

Bluecoat soldier, Pirate (both sides, since in the first wave there will also be a Cowboy and an 'Indian), and a Roman soldier will be likely choices for the historical themes.

I have no idea what will be in the second assortment, but here's a lineup I wouldn't mind seeing:

*snip*

16)Sherlock Holmes (3)

Oh, Sherlock is Number 1 on my list for sure! :grin: Imagine a cool houndstooth cap, a pipe and a magnifying glass. :wub: I'd also like to see a 1920's flapper, and a female rocker!

I would like to see islander and bluecoat soldier (which are very likely to appear in next line) and some sort of monk or a nun. And a mobster, hehe.

Just my top four, since I can see some of these lists getting kind of long...

Cavewoman. Definitely. I don't want my caveman to get lonely in a theme all of his own! I don't know what accessory she'd have, though... a dinosaur tooth? A femur?

Swashbuckler. A romantic, well-dressed pirate in purple with a plume in his tricorn and a dashing grin on his face. Maybe even a new sword mould, like a rapier...

Roman legionnaire. Imagine the possibilities of a Roman helmet mould...

Sheriff. Someone to fight the cowboy. Not that imaginative, I guess, but still kind of necessary.

Out of those, Swashbuckler would be my favourite. Anything new to add the the Pirates range, in fact, would be extremely welcome. And I have a feeling it's likely to happen, statistically.

Edited by David Thomsen

Aviator (not a pilot, someone like Lindburgh or Charles Kingsford-Smith or the like, someone who would fit the cockpit of a biplane). Would have the aviator cap and goggles as the headgear, no idea about the accessory.

Scientist with lab coat. For accessory, have some piece of scientific equipment like a beaker or test tube

Pop star with whacked out hairstyle (microphone being accessory)

I'd like to see a band with minifig instruments.

I'd also like to see them trying to be a little more advanced like maybe producing minifigs with short sleeve prints or maybe a skirt sculpt for females.

Oh, Sherlock is Number 1 on my list for sure! :grin:
Thanks for that :wub:

I think that TLC has created some really nice figs so far. This will be a huge success I think.

Would be nice if TLC asked us AFOL´s as well what we would like to see. Right now I can not think of a specific fig I would like to see.

I am deffinatley going to get the first wave someway or another. :tongue: I can't wait.

Anyway, in no particualar order:

Vampire

Police Officer

Roman Legioner

Shelock Holmes

Super Hero

Soldier ( Modern Day, though TLC would never do it :hmpf: )

Alien of some sort

Buisness Man

Criminal

King

Jester

Builder

Samuri

Pharaoh

Explorer

Musician ( Rock dude wth guitar )

Okay now for my two cents worth, lets see now. :classic:

1. Surgeon with a scalpel and clamp.

2. House Painter with paint brush and paint scaper, maybe a pot of paint.

3. Fry cook with scraper (paint scaper can double for this) and burger, maybe shouldn't forget the grill.

4. Artist with artist paint brush and palatte, maybe an easel too.

5. Motor mechanic with tool trolley and tool wheel.

6. Police Search and Rescue Officer with first aid case and flashlight.

7. Minifig of BOB THE BUILDER - builder/plumber (Yes and why not Bob? It's good enough for Buzz Lightyear.).

8. Roman soldier.

9. Greek soldier.

10. Persian solider.

11. Athlete with a starters block and/or sporting equipment.

12. TV/Media Reporter.

13. Photograher/TV Camera Operator.

14. Footballer - NFL/AFL/NRL/Premier League/Super League/rugby union.

Don't forget that with a minifig it needs accessories, just like the syringe comming with that Legoland minifig doctor/nurse next year..

I definitely second the emotions for a Sherlock, artist, legionnaire, and scientist with test tube! :thumbup: The scientist should have the Harry Potter hair in white and look like Professor Voltage from the old Legoland videogame IMO. :sweet:

Also, any redesign of figs from dead themes would be nice to see.

I think an indian and cowboy are needed, adn then a full line to follow.

Have you even looked at the first wave? :hmpf: Those will already be released.

Okay now for my two cents worth, lets see now. :classic:

Don't forget that with a minifig it needs accessories, just like the syringe comming with that Legoland minifig doctor/nurse next year..

Yes, but if you look at the first wave, you will see that these figs don't come with more than two pieces (all of which are things they can hold in their hands), so accessories like a grill or easel or tool trolley are kinda unrealistic. :sceptic:

Hmm lets seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

A generic super hero type fig with a cap and printed spandex on the legs

A cyclops

A plain, single colored figure

A wizard

a witch

animal-headed figures.

I definitely second the emotions for a Sherlock, artist, legionnaire, and scientist with test tube! :thumbup: The scientist should have the Harry Potter hair in white and look like Professor Voltage from the old Legoland videogame IMO. :sweet:

Also, any redesign of figs from dead themes would be nice to see.

Have you even looked at the first wave? :hmpf: Those will already be released.

Yes, but if you look at the first wave, you will see that these figs don't come with more than two pieces (all of which are things they can hold in their hands), so accessories like a grill or easel or tool trolley are kinda unrealistic. :sceptic:

Not really if they are in an impulse pack, a tool trolley was done in an earlier Advent calender, a grill well I guess the bbq stand could be used again and the easel, I would say made up with a 2x2 tile, some droid arms and modified 2x1 plates.

Yes, Sherlock Holmes would be a good minifig with his pipe and trademark cap, Mr Watson.

I should have said also Lego RockBand since the video game has come out, as well as the plans for the VW band van.

Not really if they are in an impulse pack

Ah, but there's the rub. We're not talking about impulse sets or advent calendars, but about polybagged minifigs with maybe one or two hand held accessories. :wink:

Here are some I would love to see. A few have already been said but I'll throw in my support in case anyone at TLG is reading.

1) Sherlock Holmes

2) Cavewoman

3) Cheerleader with different color scheme

4) Football Player-We have cheerleaders, may as well give them a team to cheer for.

5) Ringmaster-We have a clown and a magician (and possibly the wrestler if you want to go that far), why not some other circus/fair folks.

6) Rocker-Male or Female, hopefully with a guitar

7) Mime-Keeping with the circus/entertainment theme

8) Roman Soldier

9) Sports Fan-A guy painted up in team colors

10) Black Falcon King-It's very specific, but I figure it might be possible

11) Bishop/Monk-Both are unlikely, but they would be nice for Castle scenes. Maybe make it Friar Tuck to get by with it.

12) Egyptian Soldier or an Egyptian figure with an Anubis style head piece.

13) Werewolf-Either a better head design than the current one or at least mutlicolored

14) Maid Marian

15) Minstrel

16) Rogue or Swashbuckler type-Feathered hat, cape, rapier. Works for Castle and Pirates if done right.

There are some really good suggestions made in this topic.

I too would like a Sherlock Holmes minifig very much, also:

Mozart - with a violin :wub:

Fairy - like Tinker Bell

Viking - a more historical correct version (without horned helmet)

Whale hunter - with harpoon

Clansman - there was a version of one in the DS LEGO Battle game that looked pretty good. Link

I would love to see this in an upcoming lineup

1)B-movie alien: you know something that's cool looking but deffinantly could have come from s 50s sci-fi movie like a martian from Mars Attacks. Could have a new helmet or raygun.

2)retro 50's soldier: to fight the alien. he would have a green uniform and a star on his helmet. much like the plastic army men minifigures. A classic army helmet maybe a new bacpack.

3)Mad scientist: A mad scientist very much like the original one but maybe a different head and better leg print. He could come with a test beaker.

4)The fly: Just like the one from the second original black and white movie. Could come with new claw hand mold which could go well for other minifigures. Atlantis Lobster monsters?

5)Cyclops: Could be same size as minifigure, similar to caveman but more Castle like.

6)Police Officer: Would be more like a 30s cop. comes maybe with a new hat or nightstick. maybe just Lego's regular revolver.

7)Gangster: Classic 30s gangster. Maybe introduction of a new cape like trenchcoat and the old tommygun.

8)Samurai: an updated Samurai to go with the ninja of this upcoming wave.

9)Indian medican man: New hat/helmet sort've like the temple of doom's guy's hat. New staff mold or just a stick

10)Union soldier: An updated version of the wild west theme's union soldier except without the side straps. New musket mold

11)Confederate soldier: Same as the Union soldier except grey and with the side straps printed on the torso. Same new musket mold as union soldier

12)Frontier/pioneer woman: A woman pioneer maybe new hat mold.

13)Mermaid: similar to the pirate's one but slightly different. New seashell mold

14)Manequin: A blank slate like minifigure with stand. Maybe torso and facial features could be similar to that of an artist manequin.

Hm, some of mine (bear with me if I repeat any, as I haven't gotten around to reading all of the previous ones yet):

1) Minifig in british court dress (any position would be OK as long as it includes the wig piece).

2) Bruce lee

3) Sumo wrestler

4) Homeless alcoholic

5) Damaged cyborg (think Terminator)

6) Elf

7) Fairy

8) Pharaoh

9) Snowboarder

10) Hipster

11) Minifig in pajamas (minifig in nightgown)

12) Santa Claus (with a real santa hat)

13) Monk with robes

Some good ideas! I won't repeat any but here are some new ones!

1. Greek Soldier (Spartan)

2. Surfer (like my avatar) :grin:

3. Press person (newspaper)

4. TV anchor

Here are some I would love to see. A few have already been said but I'll throw in my support in case anyone at TLG is reading.

5) Ringmaster-We have a clown and a magician (and possibly the wrestler if you want to go that far), why not some other circus/fair folks.

If we are going to go that far with the circus theme then I want to add a bearded lady on to my list :laugh::tongue:

Some good ideas so far :thumbup:

For me:

1. A Vampire

2. A Werewolf

3. A Greek God

4. Hercules

5. A surfer

6. A martial arts man/woman

7. A mutant

8. A meremaid

9. A swat like fig.

10. a police man with a riot sheild