21 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Hello, everyone! I've decided to do a sort of review of the first Stars set I got, the Rahkshi.

The build is really pretty simple, although the innovation of using an arm/leg piece to give the Rahkshi the bent-backed look was a cool one.

Here is the completed set:

4146045588_2fa951fc4a.jpg

Here is a side view:

4145286409_9cc6f1c856.jpg

And a back view, showing how the spine connects to the rest of the set:

4146045780_bfbec340db.jpg

Close-up of the front, showing the head's connection to the spine. This does make the head less poseable (it can't look up or down very well), but it does look pretty cool, I think.

4146045926_0110b09c1a.jpg

The head and the spine, however, are rather . . . squishy.

4145287603_c812bef7d3.jpg

4146047168_26c6d053c3.jpg

The set is really not very poseable, due to the staff being connected as it is, so I made a very slight modification which works much better:

4145286305_1ced580847.jpg

How does this fellow stack up to an older Rahkshi? Well, as you can see, he's a runt:

4146046704_7ce224417e.jpg

"Are you my mother?"

4146046516_835d6e864b.jpg

One of the things that stood out about the old Rahkshi, I think, was their intimidating size. They were taller than a Toa Nuva!

4145288125_eb087acf7c.jpg

This Rahkshi, of course, isn't.

4146047370_d5b6132e21.jpg

But comparing this yellow guy to Tahu Nuva isn't quite fair--after all, the new Tahu is only as big as an Agori/Av-Matoran, right? Sadly, the Rahkshi is even shorter than one of these:

4145286809_e4332940bc.jpg

Final thoughts: The set is a decent one. It may not be the tall, thin, intimidating Rahkshi of yesteryear, but it actually resembles the Rahkshi in Mask of Light quite a bit, I think, with its spine-head connection and its bulkiness. It looks more hunched and bestial than the old sets, as well, and it makes good use of the Agori construction. Nevertheless, I would only recommend it if you're getting the other Stars, and need a villain on the small scale (though I would recommend Nektann over the Rahkshi).

Hmm... the size is a turn off, especially when put beside the old Rahkshi. I might get one, since Rahkshi is what got me into Bionicle in the first place. BTW how much did this cost? If it's more than $10 I'm not getting it :sceptic:

Thanks for this review! :classic: I'm adding it to the index now...

I really like the head and back piece, as it does a fantastic job of making an Agori build work for a Rahkshi shape. Although the spine could've done with a more interesting design, it's good that it's not the same as any of the original six, to match the Rahkshi's different breed.

Not a bad review – it’s good to see more pictures of the set, as I’m thinking about getting it [i’ll probably end up getting all the Stars, if only because they’re the last BIONICLE sets].

velox1.png

I kinda' wish the spine and head pieces were separate (if not only because I want a yellow Rahkshi head =P). A new staff head design would've been cool, too. Overall, though, it's pretty cool.

Good pics. It needed a Recolored Rahkshi head, removable spines [Why not use those spikes on the SPIII Sets?], and a recolored back.

The "cut" in the head looks nifty though.

Not getting it for that kind of price though.

[-TA-]

Edited by The Alchemyst

I forgot to mention--the price was $8.00, and I found it at TRU. Unfortunately, my TRU didn't have Tahu or Takanuva, but I could do reviews of Nektann, Skrall, and Gresh, if people wanted them.

I forgot to mention--the price was $8.00, and I found it at TRU. Unfortunately, my TRU didn't have Tahu or Takanuva, but I could do reviews of Nektann, Skrall, and Gresh, if people wanted them.

Yes please! :sweet:

Thank you for review.

It would have been nice if Rahkshi could have had some of the new armor pieces from the other Stars sets in yellow added to his torso and arms. The set looks a bit too plain, but anyway the head/spike part makes me want him. Well the name Rahkshi does that on it's own.