Sign in to follow this  
Davey

Rainbow Brite...Goes Miniland!

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I've recently become enamored with Miniland scale building and I just realized I had not posted this for my fellow Eurobricks users to see. :tongue: This was my entry for the final round of the 2009 MOCOlympics over on MOCPages. The category was 'Cartoon Express' which basically meant you had to build something related to a 'retro cartoon' from pre-1995. As a kid (well...even now), I was a fan of Rainbow Brite. I don't know if it's the songs, the colors, or the cute and cuddly look of those little Sprites, but I just loved the show. As such, I decided to build the main characters from the show in Miniland scale.

4112382774_51b681b2cb.jpg

The MOC features the main protagonist, Rainbow Brite, along with her colorful friends, the Sprites. Behind them you can see the villains Lurky, The Dark Princess, and Murky. You can check out more photos of this MOC over on my Flickr Photostream. Comments and criticisms are appreciated. :classic:

-Dave

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Oh man, I remember rainbow brite. I'm 27, and my sister loved rainbow brite so I always watched it with her.

I love Murky and Lurky, fantastic job.

I don't remember the show.

I searched it on Google and when I saw its images, similarity is clearly visible!

Great!

That's really cute Dave. I'm a big fan of Rainbow Brite also, I have recently been thinking of trying my hand at a Noddy miniland figure, these figs or yours have inspired me a little more. Thanks for sharing them! :sweet:

That's really cute Dave. I'm a big fan of Rainbow Brite also, I have recently been thinking of trying my hand at a Noddy miniland figure, these figs or yours have inspired me a little more. Thanks for sharing them! :sweet:

Ohhhh! I can't wait to see your Noddy fig, Cutlass_Iz!!! Pictures soon I hope? :classic: That will be ultra-cute when it's done.

-Dave