Sign in to follow this  
Guss

When Fishing Goes Wrong

PB300191_2a7085.JPG

A view of the full moc, well, I tried to take a picture of it, but it didn't really worked XD

PB300192_245ce5.JPG

Meanwhile, on the upper deck, a pirate is teaching swordfight to a young one, but as the picture is bad, I m not going to make it one of the 6 pictures so you can see it there

Under them, two pirates are playing cards while another one is putting some wood on the stove.

PB300209_21eea9.JPG

On the canon deck, one of the pirates is having a nap .

PB300211_26e8e2.JPG

while another one is cleaning the floor

PB300213_27e4fb.JPG

On the front deck, an old pirate is smoking while another is going inside.

PB300196_216e9c.JPG

Full gallery here : http://guss.teammu.com/modules/extgallery/...lbum.php?id=156

I'm really sorry for the quality of the pictures and that I'm a little late, if it's too late and I can't enter, it's ok, then it's just a moc ^^

comments and critics of course welcome, even if it's already destroyed so I can't modify it ( my Lego are not packed for the moving) .

thanks everyone! :pir_laugh2:

PS : I'm really really sorry for the quality of both the moc and the pictures, I could have done really better if I had times... but in February I'll have a little Lego workshop in my new apartment, YAY !

Edited by Erdbeereis

None of your pics show up for me, but that might be because my work filter blocked your gallery site as games? If it is just me, I'll check it out at home.

game ? :pir_laugh2:

this is the gallery of my own website, and it seems to works perfectly for some friends, so I think that yep, it's your job's filter^^

game ? :pir_laugh2:

this is the gallery of my own website, and it seems to works perfectly for some friends, so I think that yep, it's your job's filter^^

It's the same type of category as like an xbox 360 site or something like that.

I pulled up the site quick on my phone and that shark looks huge!! Very funny idea, I can't wait to go home and see the full sized pics. The iner ship area looks so detailed, adn is that a tiled floor I see. Looks great so far!

Another awesome last-minute entry... Why are you guys doing this to us! There's been so many wonderful MOCs throughout the last couple of days, it's hard to actually take them in and appreciate them. A genuine piece of advice to all contestants - and don't take it personally Guss, I know you've been busy moving and haven't had as much time as you would have liked, but .... guys, try and post your entries before the last couple of days of the Contest. That way, more viewers would have the chance to actually enjoy your entries and check out all the details in them. Otherwise, you run the risk of having a wonderful MOC just being lost among the plethora of other entries being posted in the last split second.

However, rest assured, Guss, that will definitely not be the case with this MOC. The work you've done here is absolutely brilliant and you've certainly taken the time to think of the best way to depict the ongoing action in the best possible way for your viewers. Kudos for that! Your ship looks wonderful, despite the fact that it's cut in half :pir_laugh2: - I especially like her plate-built sails, I don't think I've ever seen that before!

As to the sea giant - care to explain what that animal actually is? No doubt it looks quite menacing, but I was wondering what your actual inspiration here was... I also dig the splashing & ripple effects you've created all over - they're absolutely wonderful and add so much realism to this MOC.

My only gripe is the same thing you've mentioned yourself - the photos... But I know how hard it is to take nice pics when you can barely find the time to get all your work done. I just thought it would have been wonderful if the lighting on your pics had been a better - those details would have been so much easier to spot! That said though, you've chosen some very nice angles (with the sea monster probably the only part of this MOC that isn't featured in detail), which pretty much negates the bad lighting.

All in all, this is an entry I would definitely cast my vote for. Great job Guss!

Oh wait, you're still building ?? :pir-tongue:

Seriously the wait really worth it !!

I like the idea of making a third of a boat, so you can show the interior, and what an interior : I love the pose of the pirate in the hamac, so real !

The boat is very nicely build, and I love the curved door in front of it.

To finish, the fish is marvelous, so do the splash !

Realy nice entry, Güss !

Good luck with your moving :pir-blush:

Yeah I like it as well! The whale/incredible-large-fish-monster-thingy is excellent, and the ship is great too. Especially it's interior is very nice.

I also really like the white plates as sails! I might try that out myself sometime.

But ey! Now there are two Unicorn ships at sea! :pir_laugh2:

Good luck at the contest! :monkey:

Simple said:

What I don't like:

-chains attached to the cannons (I'd rather see ropes there)

-a pirate napping in a "net"...

..ow that was it already :pir-classic:

Things I DO like:

-pirates doing funny things in their free time (like card games)

-the pirate holding the line

-the entire shark -really good work on that one!

-the figurehead

-custom brick sails

-And just everything else!

Excellent entry! The mega shark and the scrunched ship are fantastic. The only problem I can see is the action on the ship. A lot more scrambling/running for cover would really make the MOC. Great work, good luck!

~SR~

That's a whale of a shark :shark:

I really like all the detailing you did on the decks of the ship. You provided a nice cross-section. Really outstanding.

thanks everyone for you kind comments!

Big Cam: thanks a lot ^^ snot floor on the canon deck, tiled floor on the middle deck, and normal floor on the upper deck XD I wanted to make it better, but didn't have enough times... and bricks!

The Otters : I wish I was able to put it earlier ^^ for the plate built sails, I already saw that on other mocs, but I don't remember where.

As to the sea giant - care to explain what that animal actually is? No doubt it looks quite menacing, but I was wondering what your actual inspiration here was... I also dig the splashing & ripple effects you've created all over - they're absolutely wonderful and add so much realism to this MOC.

Well, it was supposed to be a whale, as my original Idea was to make a whale hunting moc, then it turned to be .. something, it's a kind of big strange shark , as Captain Blackmoor said, it's a : " whale/incredible-large-fish-monster-thingy" , I didn't make a full background for this entry as I usually do ( see my last year ptv entry ) as I didn't have time, so let's call it a Giant Sharkiguss. :pir_laugh2:

74louloute: Of course I'm still building... well, I have to make a little break for my moving, but I'm still there ^^

Well for the minifig pose on the hamac, I have to say that the "minifig posing experiment" you made inspired me, so I'm glad you like it ! Thanks for the moving, I know that you don't live really far from me .. do you own a truck , I still need one ! XD ( joking of course ^^ )

Commodore Hornbricker: Thanks a lot ^^

Captain Blackmoor: hehe thanks a lot ^^ but It's only one third of the ship, so there's not really 2 unicorns at sea XD

Admiral Croissant: thanks ^^

sorry for the chains, I didn't have enough lego strings to do it, the pirate is napping in a "net" because I didn't really know how to make a hammock with lego parts ^^

Lego_Warlord_8 : thanks , I wanted to put some more " scared " face on the ship, but they're already packed for the moving, let's say that they didn't notice it yet ! ^^

Rick , thanks ^^ you found the right smiley to say it :shark: !

Edited by Guss

There is just so much win in this MOC. I love the roundness of the boat, the horse thingy at the front of the boat, the pirate in the hammack and the fish monster. Very nice!

This entire MOC is utterly amazing, but I think that my favorite detail must be how you can see all the barrels on the ballast deck. That was an inspired bit of detailery right there.

This entire MOC is utterly amazing, but I think that my favorite detail must be how you can see all the barrels on the ballast deck. That was an inspired bit of detailery right there.

Agree 100%. That, the sleeping sailor in his hammock and the unicorn on her bow are the kind of little (but ever so important) touches that just go to show how much work was put in this MOC. :thumbup:

Edited by TheOtters

Thanks badboytje88 ^^

thanks Tereglith, I wanted to add a rat at the right of the barrels, where there's a little hole, but I totally forgot !

thanks again TheOtters, I'm glad you like it ^^

Very impressive Guss! I like the sea monster, it looks really effective the way you have made it jumping from the waves. But the most impressive bit is of course the ship. Its so nicely detailed and i love the figurehead. Nice idea on a cutaway section so we can see all the great detail inside. Im also a fan of brick built sails. What a excellent job you have done. Any chance you could build the rest of the ship as id love to see her complete. Excellent entry :pir-classic:

You can easily imagine the scenario-

Unimportant sailor 1: THE LEVIATHAN!!!!

Captain: Shoot 'im, and make it snappy

Unimportant sailor 2: Maybe if we feed him the captain......

Jokes aside, a fantastic entry. I love your enormous critter.

thanks a lot Derfel Cardarn, I'm glad you like it

Any chance you could build the rest of the ship as id love to see her complete.

I thought about doing it but I'm far from having the pieces I need ^^ But I plan to make, one day, a big ship , with detailed interior... but not before 6 months , minimum .

RampantDingo, hehe, how cruel you are! Poor captain ! :pir_laugh2: Thanks a lot mate^^