Sign in to follow this  
capto

Port Knox

1copy2.png

An overview of the MOC

split3.png

A soldier cleans the bell atop the fort while the governor surveys the horizon using his sextant (yes, that's what it's called :pir-blush: )

fortl.png

Some soldiers choose to spend their spare time having a drink at the bar, while others have some fun in the sun

beachcopy.png

The governors house sits below the imperial defences

99044075.png

The bartender serves the soldiers long deserved drinks while the barmaid does her makeup in the mirror

maybe.png

Cheers,

Capto :pir-classic:

Edited by SlyOwl

My oh my, the bird on the balcony has got to be one of the most colourful parrots I've ever seen :pir-laugh:

Cheers for entering the contest capto! You've got yourself a very nice entry featuring some wonderful scenes.

The only thing I would have recommended (of course, now it's too late to alter anything, but still...) would be an increase in the size of the actual house as opposed to the size of the water / rocks / street. While all of those element have their own part to play here and contribute to your build, I feel that you've left such a tiny space for the building itself that it looks a bit too fragile there. I know it's only supposed to be the facade of the house and it is indeed a good idea - but with the space you had in the Medium division, I do feel you could have afforded to lose a line of bricks from the sea and the street in order to have a more evenly-matched representation of these three different parts of your build. That way you could also have included more furniture in the building.

That said though, the non-round-bricks cobblestone street is a very nice touch, very easy on the eyes! And so is the building's facade - even though I feel the second floor could have used some more colours instead of just brown, such as for example white or silver for the railing of the balcony. Oh, and last but not least - the scenes you've created using that "ripped leg" technique look wonderfully and contribute to the "chilled" feel of this one - great job!

Thanks for the reply mate there all great points you made, shattered I can't use them though. I left this wayyyy to late- next time I'll definately start a few weeks earlier so I can actually make use of advice like this. It's amazing the things you don't pick up when building then someone mentions it and you can't believe you didn't do that in the first place.

Anyway, that whole size of the building thing did cross my mind when I started building the bar but it just seemed too complicated to do anything about. Then the skinny facade look was amplified when I put both another room and a fort above the bar (initially I was going to have one or the other but I couldn't decide which so I put both :pir-tongue:). That said I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Once again, thanks for the compliments.

Nice peaceful scene, packed on such a small area. What I like is the pooring water effect and especially the SNOT paved street.

Like it! I like the look of the building, it's really nice!

I love the big wallpieces you used for the street. Never seen them used like that before, but I love it. Not so sure about the guy with the white hair with bald spot and the man with the pigtails. But the rest is very nice!

Thanks for the reply mate there all great points you made, shattered I can't use them though.

I wouldn't worry about that capto, you've got a wonderful entry here and it has a perfectly good chance of winning something nice for you! Besides, the ideas you've gathered along the way this time will help make your next MOC even more picturesque - I definitely enjoy your style and will be looking forward to seeing more from you mate :]

Thanks for the comments everyone!

man with the pigtails

Haha I had a feeling that was a women's hairpiece but I put it on anyway to try and get a wet hair effect happening :pir-look:

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Haha I had a feeling that was a women's hairpiece but I put it on anyway to try and get a wet hair effect happening :pir-look:

Thank god my hair doesn't look like that when it gets wet! :pir_laugh2:

Well, I'm guessing Bart here doesn't have long hair (not that popular anymore ever since hair metal went out of fashion and the 80s were officialy declared "old times", I guess)... But I agree 100% with you there capto, that hairpiece looks quite appropriate when used as a substitute for wet long hair. Besides, long hair wasn't so rare back in those days (at least if we look at the pirates movies), so to me that's definitely a nice-looking detail - well done mate!

Why don't you introduce yourself here

That way everyone can get to know a little bit more about you.

This is one of the better entries in my opinion.

There are loads of details which are a big plus :thumbup:

Great job with this, I love the concept of the cross-section. Well done. :pir-classic:

blogged.png

I have save comment........

Edited by Rosemarry22

That is very nice, I like it, it is very cool. Did you say that this is a PTV2 entry, I didn't know pillage the village is going on! If it is, how is it pillageing a village? Great job though! :pir-sweet:

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

I have save comment........

Was this comment really worth bumping an almost year old thread?

That is very nice, I like it, it is very cool. Did you say that this is a PTV2 entry, I didn't know pillage the village is going on! If it is, how is it pillageing a village? Great job though! pirate_satisfied.gif

Be sure to check post dates, this thread was bumped and no, ther PTV contest is not currently going on.