Sign in to follow this  
Lego_Warlord_8

Port Poseidon

Another nice large entry. Seems lots of people are going for a ship and a port. The port is nice, with different combinations of techniques that might not be new, but they work well here. The cannons on the wall are nice and look good, as well as the little fountain. The ship looks very similar in style and shape to the one Sir Nadroj built in the last competition, but thats no bad thing as it was a nice ship, as is yours. My only sugestion would be to try and have more going on in the sea, as at the moment it looks very bare, its a large space so you should try and fit in some more details there. But on the whole this is a very nice entry. Good luck in the contest.

The big number of late entries will cause some trouble at the end. So the one or another nice entry was overlooked very instant.

In this case, it's a pity if nobody noticed this nice one entry.

For me the brown-tan building look very fine and the 2 little fountains are absolutely lovely.

But the big emptiness (as it said by Derfel) in front of the quay should be improved. The water with Snot technique fits very well but some more colours (light blue, white...) would give this more depth.

The same for the little island. A little bit green, stones or something like that.

The best thing on this is unintentional comedy. If you compare the first and second picture you see that a large ship arrives, tie on the quay and will be offload.

BUT the little raft shiper with his tiny paddle stay on the same point. Looks like a strong flow :pir_laugh2:

On his grave stone will stand: Lost at rough sea ^^

The big number of late entries will cause some trouble at the end. So the one or another nice entry was overlooked very instant.

Yep, that's precisely what I've been ranting about these last few days... Not only are the viewers/voters literally flooded with dozens of wonderful MOCs, but it's also extremely hard on everyone who's trying to provide any kind of feedback, seeing as that will not be useful in any way to the MOCcers with the contest ending in just a few hours.

Nevertheless, it's good to have seen so many wonderful MOCs and this is no exception. I too enjoy this entry's "town planning" - as in, structures, fountains and beautification. I also love the way the fort's cannons have been built here! If there's one thing that's a bit of a disappointment here, it's the straight line that the dock follows throughout. Even though the use of red tiles works well to break off the monotony, the front still looks a bit too plain - a few more details there could have worked nicely, and a curved/ diagonal build would have been a really great choice.

I'd say that the ship also suffers from more or less the same drawback in its construction - I'm not a fan of multi-coloured vessels, but a bright line or some elements in colours other than black or brown would have worked really nicely here, even if it were just to focus the viewers' attention on some specific detail.

On the other hand though, this entry has some very original elements as well and I'm definitely not trying to be excessively negative :) For example, I love the sight of St. George's flag there; as well as the inclusion of a small island "retreat". There are also some wonderful scenes and great minifig usage throughout (the DIY-raft is a pure win here, and so is the "coming back together" scene taking place at the docks).

Kudos for this wonderful entry, Lego_Warlord_8 :) And good luck with it!

Yep, that's precisely what I've been ranting about these last few days... Not only are the viewers/voters literally flooded with dozens of wonderful MOCs, but it's also extremely hard on everyone who's trying to provide any kind of feedback, seeing as that will not be useful in any way to the MOCcers with the contest ending in just a few hours.

You are so right. Especially in your case. You do a really good job, so I wonder myself that no feedback was done by you .... right now.

Keep it up :thumbup: