Sign in to follow this  
Ricecracker

Conquistador's Riches

th_thindexedgif.gif 103b

While all the pirates and Imperials are busy drinking and celebrating in the many bars, pubs, taverns and brothels, this lone Conquistador "borrowed" Brickbeard's treasure map and decided to, uh, verify it's accuracy :wink:. He found it to be very accurate!

4146210870_35f043ee65_o.jpg

4146210994_65f4241f12_o.jpg

4146211328_c6bb287516_o.jpg

4146211512_82e165f991_o.jpg

4146211722_c9e1ddc164_o.jpg

4145451125_dbfd8a26d0_o.jpg

Thank you!

Edited by SlyOwl

Nice vig! I like the combination of brown base + tan plates on top. If there were a bit more brown, it would actually look as the exact location which the conquistador has just dug up to find the treasure (he didn't just find it lying there, right). Oh, and I'm not really sure what's up with the faces growing from the leaves of that palm... care to clarify? Or are those goldhunters who have recently fallen prey to the... treasure?

Two little suggestions that I feel this MOC could use:

- include the actual map that the conquistador used;

- try using a different expression for the conquistador - after all, he's just found a nice chest full of treasure, does he have to be that sulky about it? :pir-tongue:

Good luck Ricecracker! :)

Nice vig! I like the combination of brown base + tan plates on top. If there were a bit more brown, it would actually look as the exact location which the conquistador has just dug up to find the treasure (he didn't just find it lying there, right). Oh, and I'm not really sure what's up with the faces growing from the leaves of that palm... care to clarify? Or are those goldhunters who have recently fallen prey to the... treasure?

I'll see if I can include more brown into the base. I had thought I'd turned the faces around for that picture, though I guess not :pir-tongue:.

Two little suggestions that I feel this MOC could use:

- include the actual map that the conquistador used;

- try using a different expression for the conquistador - after all, he's just found a nice chest full of treasure, does he have to be that sulky about it? :pir-tongue:

Good suggestions, I'll try to get those in.

Again a proof you should never hand over your treasure map! Nice vignette you've got there Ricecracker! I like the ground textures, although I'm not too fond of the tan tiles.

The coconuts under the palm leaves are a nice detail. :pir-wink:

Good luck at the contest! :kahuka:

A very nice traditional Vig, I really like the coconuts under the tree, I've never seen that before.

Nice vig, very classical and funny on such a small base :thumbup:

Now let's see him get it back to Spain past the Dutch, French and Brittish. :pir_laugh2:

Nice little improvements there Ricecracker :thumbup: Having those coconuts facing the right way makes so much sense now :)

Good luck mate!

Lovely entry, I like this nice little vignette.

Much luck with the contest and voting.

(My first post, although following the forums for quite a while)

Very nice MOC, I actually like the ones made from very "traditional" elements

Just a thought: when I first saw the small picture, I actually saw a skeleton head there for a second and thought what a nice idea to make a skeleton in uniform - anyway, those guys should die on a small deserted island like that. This is the price they should pay for the treasure, and then guard it forever. I might wanna work on this idea a bit more to produce a MOC (maybe with some broken shovels or boats)