Sign in to follow this  
PittSOB

32 x 32 blue base plates

I keep seeing people talk about lego releasing a 32 x 32 baseplate as a single item sometime soon. I've even seen the packaging somewhere maybe on another forum on this site but I dont remember. Does anyone know more info about this? I'm curious about the release date and possible pricing.

I have been wanting some blue baseplate's for a while, I'm not sure why though because i usually cover the entire plate when i build. :pir-blush:

I really hope we get to see these soon. I can still remember when these were available...back in the day. It would be great to see these, once again, available for purchase.

Packaging? You get packaging? Last time I bought them through S@H they came loose without packaging. I thought that was a bit strange but left it that as they were in excellent condition. I was just happy to get a bunch.

This really good news! I just got a hold of four new ones and am feeling rather pleased. I think I have eight altogether now which feels like a huge amount. Good to know we will be able to get more.

As an avid fan of the wonderful work done in the Pirates forum, this will help them out alot.

I may even get one or two.

Wow, I have one of the old ones, and I'm still a youngin' by you all's standards. I must've gotten it when I was five, or something.

Anyway, they're really nice pieces. I set up my Loot Island on mine, it looked really good. I should try an MOC on it sometime soon.

That site you posted has them for about 13$ US plus shipping. A little more than I was hoping they would retail for. I have a feeling they will be cheaper once they hit the shelves.

i wish base plates were a lot cheaper. you know it doesn't cost hardly anything to make one, and with little to no packaging... its even cheaper! they should cost like $2 or something. sure would sell alot more.

You know I have to wonder why on earth wouldn't LEGO have made something like this earlier? It's a perfect piece for Pirate MOC'ing.

You know I have to wonder why on earth wouldn't LEGO have made something like this earlier? It's a perfect piece for Pirate MOC'ing.

Actually, they did. :pir-tongue: It was a long time ago, though...

I also hope this won´t mean that they aren´t selling the green ones anymore. :pir-sceptic:

I also hope this won´t mean that they aren´t selling the green ones anymore. :pir-sceptic:

I have one of those old ones. I'm really depressed though. There are green spots on it, and dirt that won't come out... and worst of all, two corner studs are chipped off!

Luckily, I don't give a damn about having a giant Lego ocean. Though I bet I'll be getting a couple sometime this year now that they're making a new one.

I didn't know that. Looks like it time to stock up on both just in case.

Definitely a must have. Release of this item brings so many building possibilities that it makes it one of the most useful releases in 2010 for any collection. :wink:

I for sure will get a few of these! I am also quite certain I will find them cheaper than that price, same happened to me with the 48x48 grey baseplates.