Captain Blackmoor

Dangerous low tide!

4144362830_a63a408b78_o.jpg

4144529182_fbc3bb5395_o.jpg

4143767769_3ca9f694f8_o.jpg

4144530288_8ddf1e5d27_o.jpg

Architecture.

4143766535_f608cb0328_o.jpg

What is that? Looks like he's kidnapped!

4144530456_f5c3baa8a9_o.jpg

The Captain going to the harbour office.

For those who recognized themself in this MOC, that is no coincedence.

Here is the list of the included sigfigs:

Wouwie

Zorro

Erdbeereis

Captain Zuloo

SlyOwl

Captain Greenhair

Commodore Hornbricker

Joey Lock

Guss

Ratshot

General Armendariz

I Scream Clone

Admiral Croissant

Cutlass-Iz

Shadows

Hound Knight

Me

More pictures on Flickr, pictures of the interiors coming tomorrow!

Already thanks for watching!

Very original idea for an entry. You've made a really nicely 'crowded' scene. I really like all the details on the sea bottom and the design of the buildings on the shore.

Can't wait to see more!!! This looks great - the idea of townsfolk rushing to the dried up sea floor in order to collect treasure is totally awesome, and so is St Ana's custom hull - great job Blackmoor! I'll drop by later to see more details of this wonderful MOC :]

Edited by TheOtters

Your best MOC yet! And a good story to it :thumbup:

I can see many details already :pir-blush: Please show more pics soon!

sadly, I had no time to make a large entry.

Wow - that is just amazing- Incredible build, and incredible idea.

I must say, that these last few days of the competition have been very exciting for us all.

Good luck in the competition, you stand a great chance IMO

edit: I totally forgot to congratulate you on your storyline for this entry - It's really great, and along with your building techniques and many details, this is probably my favourite entry this year

Edited by Lorentzen

Your galleon has turned out very well! I'd like to see this one in real some time.

It's really a magnificent MOC and compared to some other entries this one also has a great story :thumbup:

I'm eager to see more pictures of this!

This is the best moc ive seen from you and i personally think this is the best large entry so far. I love the whole look of it, you've really captured the scene well. The ship is awesome, i really like that style of ship, and you've crammed so many great details all around the whole moc. I just really like the whole idea and layout, the scene is one that really appeals to me. Most excellent work Blackmoor!

WOW!

WOW!

WOW!

That's amazing!

just one thing...

where's the frog?

lol

no it is amazing. i can't wait to see some more pics! XD

Just checked out the other pics, like i said before, great work. The little details on the building with the dark blue and black wedges is very nice. BUT, where am i on the moc? wheres my sigfig? :pir_bawling::pir_laugh2: Yes, i do really need to sort myself out a sigfig.

Now that I see tons of details This MOC is even better than when I first saw it!

And sig figs galore! :pir-blush: These are what make MOC's funny.

I share Derfel's concerns :pir_bawling: ... but well, I guess bikes weren't invented back then - and besides, I haven't been around the C-P forum that long :/

Back to your entry though - what works best for me here is, as noted above, the multitude of levels. Seabed, ship, streets, interior & separate floors - and numerous subplots going on throughout! Just a quick question though - are those scalps of Indigo Islanders used as lamps on purpose or is it just a nice usage of pieces... I'm confused :pir-laugh:

I can't think of one single thing that's missing here. No creative critiquing from me then - this is hands down yet another top-notch MOC that's simply perfect as it is.

Edited by TheOtters

Very original idea for an entry. You've made a really nicely 'crowded' scene. I really like all the details on the sea bottom and the design of the buildings on the shore.

Thanks! Glad to know the 2 months paid off! :pir-classic:

Wow - that is just amazing- Incredible build, and incredible idea.

I must say, that these last few days of the competition have been very exciting for us all.

Good luck in the competition, you stand a great chance IMO

I agree the last week of the contests are always exciting, great to see how everyone has been working secretly. :pir_laugh2:

Your galleon has turned out very well! I'd like to see this one in real some time.

It's really a magnificent MOC and compared to some other entries this one also has a great story :thumbup:

I'm eager to see more pictures of this!

I'm sure the galleon will get a new home soon, on the shelf this time. Not sure what I'm going to do with the MOC itself, it's pretty huge and I don't want to destroy it!

Thanks for your nice words! :pir-wink:

This is the best moc ive seen from you and i personally think this is the best large entry so far. I love the whole look of it, you've really captured the scene well. The ship is awesome, i really like that style of ship, and you've crammed so many great details all around the whole moc. I just really like the whole idea and layout, the scene is one that really appeals to me. Most excellent work Blackmoor!

Thank you a lot! :pir-sweet: I'm glad one of the best port builders around is excited about it, thanks!

I share Derfel's concerns :pir_bawling: ... but well, I guess bikes weren't invented back then - and besides, I haven't been around the C-P forum that long :/

Back to your entry though - what works best for me here is, as noted above, the multitude of levels. Seabed, ship, streets, interior & separate floors - and numerous subplots going on throughout! Just a quick question though - are those scalps of Indigo Islanders used as lamps on purpose or is it just a nice usage of pieces... I'm confused :pir-laugh:

I can't think of one single thing that's missing here. No creative critiquing from me then - this is hands on yet another top-notch MOC that's simply perfect as it is.

Thanks TheOtters! The islander 'hair' is just nice usage of pieces I guess. :pir-tongue:

I'm glad you like it! :pir-classic:

WOW!

WOW!

WOW!

That's amazing!

just one thing...

where's the frog?

lol

no it is amazing. i can't wait to see some more pics! XD

Check out the pub's front wall... I'm sure you will find 2 grey frogs there, they are statues, but still frogs! :pir-laugh:

About the sigfigs:

If a member has a sigfig, I always try to get the face as fast as possible. It's a lot of fun to include eachother's sigfigs in MOCs.

Hmm. It seems to be I have forgotten some names in the list as well. :pir-laugh:

Hey captain, what a lovely underwater ...no wait *delete*... overwater ...hmpf *delete*... waterless scene. That's it! :pir-sweet:

The different height levels give them all so much depth and solid base.

The house on the upper left looks very fine with the blue and black slopes but the beam above is a bit chunky. Not really bad.

Very good entry

This is a really really really really really nice entry, the details are amazing :pir-oh3:

One question, what pic am I in, I don't see any Bluecoats so that means I don't see me :pir-blush:

If a member has a sigfig, I always try to get the face as fast as possible. It's a lot of fun to include eachother's sigfigs in MOCs.

Hmm. It seems to be I have forgotten some names in the list as well. :pir-laugh:

Yeah me! :pir-cry_sad::pir_bawling::pir_laugh2:

Too bad the picture quality isn't a little better. But at least it shows all the nice little details, like Armendariz in a barrel and the black and blue detailing on one of the houses. You'll be a serious contender in the large division.

Well done on a great entry Blackmoor, lots of great detailing, as Derfel mentioned the cheese detailing on the walls looks great. Is it only my face in the entry or entire Forestman figure? I strained hard to look!

Good luck in the wash up!

Wonderful work Captain, i like the overall look and the idea and story is very original! :thumbup:

Your little Galleon has turned out really nice, and again you have proven to be a lantern master.

I just can't help but wonder why my hair is not green? :pir_laugh2:

Great creation, Captain Blackmoor. :thumbup:

I really like your ship,

and I love some of the details, for example the lanterns and those black and blue detailing on the house.

Also it's a nice little story.

the Inventor

wow, speechless!

So much going on and such a great design. I've seen a lot of pirate MOC's on EB but never one like this. The shoreline looks so good, it really looks like it would on a really low tide. Plus the ship and all, there is so much in this MOC, I don't think I'd have enough spare bricks to even build it.

Wonderful job.

This is easily your best MOC to date! It is fantastic. It is huge (which of course I like). It has so many layers to it. I love that best. It is very beautiful and should easily be one of the top entiries for this category. Good luck and thanks for including me (am I the spanish guard? I looked everywhere for my head in a jar.) :pir_laugh2:

This is a really really really really really nice entry, the details are amazing :pir-oh3:

One question, what pic am I in, I don't see any Bluecoats so that means I don't see me :pir-blush:

Thanks Ratshot! :pir-cry_happy:

You are the Spaniard in front of the ship, with the pistol aiming at the running CGH.

Too bad the picture quality isn't a little better. But at least it shows all the nice little details, like Armendariz in a barrel and the black and blue detailing on one of the houses. You'll be a serious contender in the large division.

Thanks Rick!

To be honest I think the picture quality has been improved a lot, at least for some pictures, that is. :pir_laugh2:

Well done on a great entry Blackmoor, lots of great detailing, as Derfel mentioned the cheese detailing on the walls looks great. Is it only my face in the entry or entire Forestman figure? I strained hard to look!

Good luck in the wash up!

Only your face is included, no worries! I take a few closeups in a few moments!

You can check them on flickr. :pir-wink:

Wonderful work Captain, i like the overall look and the idea and story is very original! :thumbup:

Your little Galleon has turned out really nice, and again you have proven to be a lantern master.

I just can't help but wonder why my hair is not green? :pir_laugh2:

Thanks Captain! I'm glad you like the galleon, and it's lantern. :pir-laugh: Quite some puzzling but I'm very happy with the result.

The reason why you haven't your green hair is simple, I do not own a green hairpiece yet!

Great creation, Captain Blackmoor. :thumbup:

I really like your ship,

and I love some of the details, for example the lanterns and those black and blue detailing on the house.

Also it's a nice little story.

the Inventor

Thanks a lot! I'm glad you like it! :pir-sweet:

wow, speechless!

So much going on and such a great design. I've seen a lot of pirate MOC's on EB but never one like this. The shoreline looks so good, it really looks like it would on a really low tide. Plus the ship and all, there is so much in this MOC, I don't think I'd have enough spare bricks to even build it.

Wonderful job.

Thanks for your nice words Big Cam!

I didn't own, and still don't, own that much bricks, so I had to order quite a lot. :pir-classic:

ahah found me, great entry mate, I love this ship ! :thumbup:

Yup, got ya! You seem to be quite agile. :pir_laugh2:

Thanks! :thumbup:

I have finally settled on a sigfig!!! Get me in there :pir_laugh2::pir_laugh2:

You couldn't pick a different face instead of the rare pumpkin face? :pir-grin:

I hope an evil skull will satisfy you. :pir-grin:

No doubt you will appear in one of my MOCs soon!

This is easily your best MOC to date! It is fantastic. It is huge (which of course I like). It has so many layers to it. I love that best. It is very beautiful and should easily be one of the top entiries for this category. Good luck and thanks for including me (am I the spanish guard? I looked everywhere for my head in a jar.) :pir_laugh2:

Thank you a lot Commodore! :pir-sweet: Indeed, you are the Spanish officer watching his steps in the soaky mud.

Don't worry about the jar, I have cleaned it yesterday, and it is ready to use. So perhaps you will see yourself on display again in the future. :pir-devil: