Derfel Cadarn

Nancy's Tavern

th_thindexedgif.gif 92a

Derfel Productions Ltd - is proud to present 'Nancy's Tavern' :pir_laugh2:

"Come take a drink and drown your sorrows

and all of our fears will be gone till tomorrow.

Have no regrets and live for the day

at Nancy's harbour cafe"

This was originally my entry for PTV2, but I abandoned it half way through for something smaller, simpler and less hassle (mainly due to the fact I wouldnt get enough time). But i had a some free time in the last week, so decided to finish it off to see what i could have done for the contest if i had put some extra time and effort in. The tavern has full interior and can be lifted of to reveal the basement/celler. Enjoy :pir-classic:

This is NOT my contest entry, just a bit of fun.

12594095811_DISPLAY.jpg

12594093782_DISPLAY.jpg

12594095822_DISPLAY.jpg

12594104501_DISPLAY.jpg

12594101222_DISPLAY.jpg

12594101201_DISPLAY.jpg

12594098912_DISPLAY.jpg

12594098901_DISPLAY.jpg

12594103153_DISPLAY.jpg

12594104523_DISPLAY.jpg

12594105863_DISPLAY.jpg

Looks great. I really like that the tavern has a basement and a full nicely detailed interior. And then the landscaping: that's no surprise from you, but still excellent! I like the canon defense up on the rock.

Typical Derfel landscaping... brilliant.

I like the tavern's looks but isn't it really a bit too big, especially seeing as it's not situated in a town? Or is it actually going to be a part of your Pirates Town setup?

Without even looking at the username I could tell this was yours. It looks marvelous. I would like to know how you came to own all of those 1x1 round plates though as I've been searching a little, but have never found so many. :pir-sceptic:

Hey that's what I'm talking about! ;)

Oh my god, it is perfect.

That is the only real "Derfel Cardarn style"

And again the plenty of round 1x1 plates.

I've sortet my black, old grey, new grey and dark grey ones and the result was sober.

The combination of all your creations should display on an exhibition.

I'm very excited on it.

Listen to the Alestorm fan!

Nancy is a nice song. :pir-sweet:

Off to her tavern:

I can't say much of it, it's just... excellent! Top quality landscaping! :thumbup:

Perhaps some different colours in the cliffs?

The details are overwhelming again, and the building is awesome.

Really nice job!

Thanks for the comments.

Typical Derfel landscaping... brilliant.

I like the tavern's looks but isn't it really a bit too big, especially seeing as it's not situated in a town? Or is it actually going to be a part of your Pirates Town setup?

Yes, the tavern does look quite big. I had planned to make it smaller but it just didnt give me much room to make a decent interior withs lots going on. Im not sure what im doing with this moc, but i probably wont add it to the coastline because the cliffs are too low and im allready working on another tavern. So i'll probably trash this moc in the next few days :pir-skull:

Without even looking at the username I could tell this was yours. It looks marvelous. I would like to know how you came to own all of those 1x1 round plates though as I've been searching a little, but have never found so many. :pir-sceptic:

I originally started hoarding 1x1 round plates at the beginning of the year because i planned to use them for a unbelievably huge moc that i hope to start soon. So every month i buy 900 of those 4 colours, grey, dark grey, black and brown. And now im virtually swimming in them, which is also the reason why i started making buildings out of them as something different rather then streets. It works quite well as long as you remember to build an inner wall behind them which blocks the light from comming through the gaps they leave when the're stacked together.

Hey that's what I'm talking about! ;)

Oh my god, it is perfect.

That is the only real "Derfel Cardarn style"

And again the plenty of round 1x1 plates.

I've sortet my black, old grey, new grey and dark grey ones and the result was sober.

The combination of all your creations should display on an exhibition.

I'm very excited on it.

Thankyou, ive discovered that you just cant have enough 1x1 round plates, as the're so good at giving texture and detail to mocs. Im not sure how this coastline will turn out, it seemed a cool idea at first, but ive got some great ideas for something really big and spectacular and its getting harder to resist taking them apart and using the pieces. But we'll see. Thanks for your kind words and i look forward to seeing your next moc! :pir-classic:

Another amazing creation Derfel, I appreciate you letting us know the shear numbers of round 1 x 1 plates involved in this project as I am still sourcing raw materials for my creations as well. The coastline is nicely sculpted, and I can see it is nowhere near as high as your coastline.

May I ask whether you build the buildings and land before designing the shape of the rocks underneath? or the other way around.

Aslo do you stack baseplates on top of your cliffs? ie build the tavern then lift it up to rest on top of supports?

Great stuff, the beauty is in the details as always.

Another amazing creation Derfel, I appreciate you letting us know the shear numbers of round 1 x 1 plates involved in this project as I am still sourcing raw materials for my creations as well. The coastline is nicely sculpted, and I can see it is nowhere near as high as your coastline.

May I ask whether you build the buildings and land before designing the shape of the rocks underneath? or the other way around.

Aslo do you stack baseplates on top of your cliffs? ie build the tavern then lift it up to rest on top of supports?

Great stuff, the beauty is in the details as always.

Thanks, i usually build the rocks and coastline first, then work backwards and complete the rest of the land area, then add the houses and landscape round them. I find it easier that way, as once the front is done, then its just a case of building up the back to the same level. For this one i built the front first with all the rocks and beach, then i built the basement and then filled in everything between. If the model is quite big, then i do use some green baseplates because its easier to cover a large area with them then it is to lay lots of plates down.

OMG, what a beautiful MOC. :pir-cry_happy:

Fanastic design, full of activity and life. :pir_laugh2:

But I don't see a young Jim Hawkins about, but maybe a Long John Silver instead ! :jollyroger:

Ay Ay Captain ! :pir-classic:

Aww that is just beautiful Luke! Beautiful landscape and beautiful wenches! :pir_laugh2: Nancy must be one tough broad to put up with so many drunk Pirates at once.

Aww that is just beautiful Luke! Beautiful landscape and beautiful wenches! :pir_laugh2: Nancy must be one tough broad to put up with so many drunk Pirates at once.

Thanks Iz, i did try to give it a very 'scenic' feel. I think im going to have a break from pirates for a bit now, and come back with something fresh and spectacular, i hope.

This is another masterpiece Derfel Cardarn! One can only look at all the pictures and admire all the beauty and details of this marvelous creation. This coastline, vegetation, tavern basement, tavern garden and especially the beach surrounded by rocks are just a few things that I absolutely adore. And because you are not entering this for PTV2 I can frontpage this without favoring anyone in the contest.

AMAZING!!! :pir-oh:Derfel :pir-wub:

That is one Lovely MOC!

You must have a Huge collection of tiles! :pir-oh3: so maaaany!

I really like all the 'stones' :pir-wub:

Really well done with this MOC!

CommanderFox

This is another masterpiece Derfel Cardarn! One can only look at all the pictures and admire all the beauty and details of this marvelous creation. This coastline, vegetation, tavern basement, tavern garden and especially the beach surrounded by rocks are just a few things that I absolutely adore. And because you are not entering this for PTV2 I can frontpage this without favoring anyone in the contest.

Thankyou Bonaparte, thats a great comment to here from a great builder such as yourself. Much appreciated, thanks. And keep those amazing ships coming! :pir-classic:

Wonderful moc ! I just, as usual, don't really like the tiled sea... but It's just me :pir_laugh2: , the entire scene is wonderfully amazing ! ( yep yep ^^ ) I just want to know ... WHY didn't you make it a ptv2 entry ? that perfectly fit the theme !

Oh my lord, that is amazing.

The cobblestone work and the shorline, and good goo, all those rock cliffs.

The basement with all the keg's is spectacular. I love tall the figs placements in the actual tavern. This must have taken you forever to build. Every aspect of it is just superb. This definetaly deserves a frontpage spot!

Your coastline has received another masterpiece. This MOC fits beautifully with your other creations and is absolutely amazing. Your collection of 1 x 1 rounds must be beyond reckoning. Nancy's Tavern is perfect in everyway!

Thanks, i usually build the rocks and coastline first, then work backwards and complete the rest of the land area, then add the houses and landscape round them. I find it easier that way, as once the front is done, then its just a case of building up the back to the same level. For this one i built the front first with all the rocks and beach, then i built the basement and then filled in everything between. If the model is quite big, then i do use some green baseplates because its easier to cover a large area with them then it is to lay lots of plates down.

Thanks mate, I figured it was roughly the same way i go about it too. Once again that basement is just beautiful!

very nice job! Alestorm comes to life! i was actually planning to make something similar, and your interior turned out alot like my imagination saw "nancy's tavern cafe".

Your "bit of fun" would be a giant year-long project for me. I wish I had the pieces to do that. I've got every one of those pieces, but not in that quantity! Maybe I should do some more bulk BL-ing.

Great job! I desire your ability! :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Darth Legolas

Excellent piece of work, so much fine detail to enjoy.

I love the landscaping and the fact the inn has an interior, the small wall around it is a great touch too! :thumbup:

The only improvement i can think of is the edge of the roof, it looks somewhat boring compared to all the details you included to the rest.

Excellent piece of work, so much fine detail to enjoy.

I love the landscaping and the fact the inn has an interior, the small wall around it is a great touch too! :thumbup:

The only improvement i can think of is the edge of the roof, it looks somewhat boring compared to all the details you included to the rest.

Thanks again cap! I was waiting for someone to comment on the roof, thats my problem, ive been very lazy when it comes to roofs, i keep meaning to use a better technique. Its someting i plan to work on in future :pir-classic: cheers for the kind words