Sign in to follow this  
DNL

Hansa Trade Cog

th_thindexedgif.gif 92b

Although this isn't really a pirate MOC, i thought it would be best to post it here since it is a ship, and my new brick-built hull technique could be very useful for you :pir-classic:

This is my first whole ship, and i'm very happy with the way it turned out. It is also an entry for the CCCVII over at Classic-Castle.com.

The cog was the most used type of trade ship in medieval europe. It was thanks to these boats the Hanseatic League grew as large and rich as it did, and it caused the trade withing Europe to grow.

4138777769_4fdb1dfbc8_o.jpg

4138778011_8be350a39c.jpg

Bigger and one more pic on flickr

I can't upload any more pics right now as brickshelf is down, so you will have to wait for more detail pictures.

The foundation of the Dutch 16th century economy!

Awesome ship DNL! Your hull technique is quite inspriring!

The yellow sai looks a bit out of place to me, perhaps a tan sail was better, but I like the custom rigging! :thumbup:

I can't wait for the more detailed pics, I will comment more! :pir-wub:

This is a very refreshing design!

The shape of the ship is awesome and especially the new hull technique which you invented is a great achievement.

I'd love to see some close up shots of the stern and a picture taken along the side of the hull.

Details, like the fore-castle going slightly upwards, tell me you've been doing a decent investigation for this MOC.

COG.jpg

This is an interesting hull design! I think it looks really good, and you have used it to it's full potential in this fantastic MOC.

Wondering whether you have managed to incorporate an interior? It would be difficult, I think.

Great work!

This sure is a fantastic ship built with a great new technique! :pir-classic:

But on these pictures I can't really figure out how you did it, could you show some pictures that explain your building technique?

I think the brown part in front of the forecastle should be removed (where the mast is attached to) but for the rest it's good.

Are you planning to make more ships? This one looks promising :thumbup: